Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVIII - Dust in the wind…

Status
Not open for further replies.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Sadly I guess G would be too pricey for Vegas. I would be thrilled if the rangers could move G. But if Vegas get rid of a player to free up salary, they’ll probably want a pick or prospect.

I agree, no idea why they are interested in G, unless Lehner goes on IR as well. If they need to shed salary maybe something like G & Hajek for Doro & Broisset? Clears about a million from the cap for this and next season. Though not sure how much G will get on his next deal

Reactions: egelband

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
The move is Mark Scheifele in the offseason. He is one of 19 PPG players over the last 4 seasons. The comparisons to Ryan Strome and Yanni Gourde are beyond insanity. You would literally have two number one lines - and both Kakko and Laf playing with elite players. His contract is perfect for the 2 year window the Rangers are entering cap wise. He is the ideal answer.

You build lines 3/4 specifically around defense/energy/grit to diversify the team. (Goodrow/Lehkonen or Jarnkrok/Blais/Barron/ etc)

An elite offensive PPG center is not the player to whine about defensively. And he has 31 points in 33 career playoff games - his numbers do not dip - so that narrative can be put to bed quickly.

Lundkvist or Miller, Chytil, a 1st --- mid level prospect or more picks to close the gap -- it is not a deal that will come cheap.

This it nutso.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The move is Mark Scheifele in the offseason. He is one of 19 PPG players over the last 4 seasons. The comparisons to Ryan Strome and Yanni Gourde are beyond insanity. You would literally have two number one lines - and both Kakko and Laf playing with elite players. His contract is perfect for the 2 year window the Rangers are entering cap wise. He is the ideal answer.

You build lines 3/4 specifically around defense/energy/grit to diversify the team. (Goodrow/Lehkonen or Jarnkrok/Blais/Barron/ etc)

An elite offensive PPG center is not the player to whine about defensively. And he has 31 points in 33 career playoff games - his numbers do not dip - so that narrative can be put to bed quickly.

Lundkvist or Miller, Chytil, a 1st --- mid level prospect or more picks to close the gap -- it is not a deal that will come cheap.
If you are willing to do Mark Scheifele in the offseason then you should be willing to do it now. However, I dont know about the value of your trade proposal. I think it is one piece too much and it should not include Miller.

Then get a 2nd/3rd line tweener winger that can help with puck possession, forechecking, and tough to play against.

nyaz11

Jun 15, 2021
If you are willing to do Mark Scheifele in the offseason then you should be willing to do it now. However, I dont know about the value of your trade proposal. I think it is one piece too much and it should not include Miller.

Then get a 2nd/3rd line tweener winger that can help with puck possession, forechecking, and tough to play against.

I would do so in a heartbeat. I don't think Winnipeg is going to sell, unless they truly fall out of it - they're only 5 points out and chasing the Kings/Stars as of now.

I agree with you if Miller is in it, it should reduce the number of assets - if it's Lundkvist - they're going to want more.

I think MS is being severely underestimated on this board. We're talking about a player who offensively (career), has better numbers than Mika across the board - though the last few years they are very close to even - and is on a contract that fits the Rangers window better than anybody in his class.

What would this board be asking for - for 2.5 years of Mika on a 6.125 million dollar cap it... the ask would be astronomical. Down year or not.

Reactions: Anthony5967

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
I would do so in a heartbeat. I don't think Winnipeg is going to sell, unless they truly fall out of it - they're only 5 points out and chasing the Kings/Stars as of now.

I agree with you if Miller is in it, it should reduce the number of assets - if it's Lundkvist - they're going to want more.

I think MS is being severely underestimated on this board. We're talking about a player who offensively (career), has better numbers than Mika across the board - though the last few years they are very close to even - and is on a contract that fits the Rangers window better than anybody in his class.

What would this board be asking for - for 2.5 years of Mika on a 6.125 million dollar cap it... the ask would be astronomical. Down year or not.

I love how people complain about Strome’s defense(as they should), but are willing to deal for MS. Maybe get a 2C that isn’t attrocious defensively? Maybe that will help with playoff style hockey? Just sayin…

nyaz11

Jun 15, 2021
Better than adding more offense to a team with it already? Almost anything would be better than this

And you want to include Miller too… gtfo of here lol

Man - you're comparing Ryan Strome --- to a top 20 scorer in the NHL... stop it. Strome has been great for the team since he got here - I'm open to keeping Strome if he takes a deal that fits him in cap wise. But we're talking about a different level of player.

We're talking about a guy who has finished in the top-10 scoring in the league.. twice in the last 5 years. He adds a much, much different level of offense. This is adding to the Mika class - a bonafide 1C to the team - at a similar cap hit as Strome for the next two seasons.

I understand the defensive concerns - I roll that dice to get another Elite offensive performer - and I go hard on building 3rd and 4th lines that are shut down energy lines.

MS has outscored Mika every year but once - and Mika is on pace to beat him this year, which would be twice.... and you're talking about comparing him to Ryan Strome.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I know people are talking about reilly smith as an option and with mark stone on ltir, it seems unlikely they will move him, but I just feel like they would move dadanov first. Call it a gut instinct, idk. Also daily faceoff had vegas call rangers about geo. If someone has the link, please send it so I dont seem like a liar (can't find it right now). Outside of a 3rd round pick, i dont know what price theyd be able to get for geo that drury would like.

Reactions: egelband

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If this is true buckle up Ranger fans we are about to see a GM completely get robbed in trades. Mike Milbury bad of a GM.
I don’t get it. We potentially traded two prospects who were never going to play on the rangers. We didn’t give up a first nor anyone of potential value like othmann.

it hurts absolutely, but the reports were they wanted a first for chiarot and lehkonen each.

we gave up no first and a single a prospect and we shed cap. I don’t need to fleece a gm, in a perfect world trades are net positives for both teams and that’s what this would be.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The Rangers could easily retain salary here to facilitate a deal. I would imagine Drury has a line on a replacement backup goaltender.

This could facilitate a larger deal.

Shesterkin can get hurt at any time as we all have seen these past two seasons. Rangers need a good backup.

I don't like giving up Georgiev this year for anything less than a second rounder or NHL ready RW or Center. I was hard on Georgiev earlier this year, but he stepped up after Shesty's injury and re-estalished his game.

Reactions: McSauer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad