Speculation: Roster Building Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
Something about him being 33 but looking 53 just makes Seravalli hit different.

Legit, guy was born in 1988!
frank-seravalli.png

Im absolutely shook

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
But why tho?

Chytil is better than Coleman.

How did Coleman go from a Machinehead pet project to Wayne Gretzky on here?

Im just spitballing but if they truly are going for Eichel(which seems to be the case), and the cost includes Chytil, replacing him in the top 9 with Coleman is a good option. And theres definitely been some chatter that the are still in on Coleman even after the Goodrow signing

Reactions: Daves a mess

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If they couldn’t protect Gourde, how does trading him allow them to protect anyone else they couldn’t protect?

Just read what I wrote. If you get a couple eligible guys back like Blackwell for instance in the deal for gourde you could have kept a palat off the list and gotten assets for gourde

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
So some rangers fan doctor writes up a paragraph of misspellings and everyone takes it as gospel?

Ignoring that only a handful of people have actually seen his medical reports?

Here's another random site that says 80% of athlete's have a full recovery and most hockey players are back within 7 months.

Jack Eichel’s Neck Surgery & Recovery

If the rangers trade for eichel it's because they saw the reports and we're comfortable with it.

wouldn’t that be great

Eichel $10 million
Panarin $11 million
Trouba $8 million
Zibby $10 million
Heiskanen just got $8.45 so Fox gets at least $9 million
Gotta keep Buch for at least $6 million
Kreider is still here for his $6million

So that’s $60 million for 7 players with all the kids on their rookie contracts.

Ahhh, yeah.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Just read what I wrote. If you get a couple eligible guys back like Blackwell for instance in the deal for gourde you could have kept a palat off the list and gotten assets for gourde
No. The only way they could have protected more forwards is to leave a defenseman unprotected. McDonagh or Cernak.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Thats a big return even with an extension in place.

Surprised they're extending Hoffman. I remember hearing that they were looking to move him at some point around the deadline last year and the word was they were not happy with his play. Guess that was wrong.

Wouldn't shut off a buch trade there though as Hoffman plays the LW. They'd look for Buch to replace Tarasenko.
I agree with you, which is why I'm thinking it would only happen with an extension in place. I still think Thomas has a lot of value, and I think a lot of his underlying metrics support that last year was a fluke and not the norm for him going forward. I'd still be gutted to trade Buch, but Thomas is at least one younger piece that I'd be ok moving him for.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
wouldn’t that be great

Eichel $10 million
Panarin $11 million
Trouba $8 million
Zibby $10 million

So that’s $60 million for 7 players with all the kids on their rookie contracts.

Ahhh, yeah.

Buch would be gone in any scenario where we acquire Eichel

Reactions: bleedblue94

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC

Tampa went 8+1 so they could protect 4 D. They protected Stamkos, Point, Kuch and Cirelli. How do they trade Gourde and protect Palat/Killorn as well?

They can’t. Only way would have been to trade a D and go 7-3-1.

Reactions: kovazub94

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Buch would be gone in any scenario where we acquire Eichel

Oh i see, then the cap will be perfect. Only have to sign about seven #1 draft picks, including two lottery picks with approx $16 million left.

See Jane run. The math doesn’t work for an Eichel unless a Zibby, Buch, Kreider and probably a Trouba are gone. Heiskanen’s numbers tell where the market is and look at the Rangers studs.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Oh i see, then the cap will be perfect. Only have to sign about seven #1 draft picks, including two lottery picks with approx $16 million left.

See Jane run. The math doesn’t work for an Eichel unless a Zibby, Buch, Kreider and probably a Trouba are gone. Heiskanen’s numbers tell where the market is and look at the Rangers studs.

Why are you so angry all the time?

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
R.Thomas and Chytil could easily become a 1a/1b type duo in a couple of seasons, especially with the wingers we have. Thomas is fantastic in transition, a forechecking machine--he's also just a gamer. The bigger the game, the bigger he's played. I don't see him letting a real chance to establish himself as a top line center slip by him.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
wouldn’t that be great

Eichel $10 million
Panarin $11 million
Trouba $8 million
Zibby $10 million

Ahhh, yeah.

Buch is gone folks. Time to eat that sandwich.

Reactions: Thirty One
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad