Speculation: Roster Building Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
They all say that, Quinn said that in 2018, Gallant said it, AV said it etc. This move is a knee jerk reaction to Tom Wilson, full stop. Whether or not it's right we will see but this has Dolan/Slats fingerprints all over it.

Yea they all say that. But it’s the coaches job to implement it. If they can’t (Quinn) then they are no longer here. Same with Gallant although one has a track record of getting his teams to play a certain at while the other didn’t at the NHL level.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
People are mad now, this place is going to get interesting when the announced deal is for $3.75 per and he ends up on Panarin's other wing.

The reason people were so irked by a grinder with Panarin was that it blocked Kakko's ice time and situations.

Honestly if Goodrow forces his way onto the Panarin line and does well, I'll see that as a positive, not a negative. He's not gonna be out there on PP1

Reactions: pld459666

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Just throwing something out there - a year ago Buch, Strome, and DeAngelo were the most likely to be traded. Fast forward and it's the same names minus DeAngelo because he was a meathead. Why are people shocked? a year ago, our needs were center and LD. Today our needs are surprisingly center and LD. Sensing a trend here?
We are drafting left wing in the 1st?

Reactions: wafflepadsave

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They all say that, Quinn said that in 2018, Gallant said it, AV said it etc. This move is a knee jerk reaction to Tom Wilson, full stop. Whether or not it's right we will see but this has Dolan/Slats fingerprints all over it.

AV never said it.

Quinn said it but the teams play suggested otherwise. Part of that was roster construction too, but we never played aggressive.

the guy we hired has a track record of playing that way. Something tells me the team will follow suit.

This has nothing to do with Wilson. Goodrow isn’t going to be the guy to put fear into the heart of Wilson anyway.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Honestly if Goodrow forces his way onto the Panarin line and does well, I'll see that as a positive, not a negative. He's not gonna be out there on PP1
I fail to see how this is in any way a positive thing. It means either Kakko or Kravtsov is underachieving, or they are not getting the ice time they should.

Jesus christ, we are getting a 3rd line winger with 0.28 PPG average for his career and some people are suggesting yup, that's where he belongs next to Panarin. Please...

Reactions: CLW and Off Sides

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I fail to see how this is in any way a positive thing. It means either Kakko or Kravtsov is underachieving, or they are not getting the ice time they should.

Jesus christ, we are getting a 3rd line winger with 0.28 PPG average for his career and some people are suggesting yup, that's where he belongs next to Panarin. Please...

I mean, Jesper Fast

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I’m not sure what to tell people who looked at this roster construction and thought Buch had a place here going forward
I'm fine with trading away Buch if we can get a good center in return. What I'm not fine with, is still playing either Kakko or Kravtsov in the 3rd line after Buch is gone because we need to put a 4th liner next to Panarin becase Strome is a shitty as center and can't do the job he is supposed to, instead forcing a winger to do it.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
The reason people were so irked by a grinder with Panarin was that it blocked Kakko's ice time and situations.

Oh I know why they are mad. And they will still be mad no matter how successful that combination would be so long as someone we don't hate yet is on a "lower" line.

I'm at the acceptance phase with Buchnevich leaving. But I see others aren't hence the frustration over someone like Kravtsov being a 4th liner.

Buch is gone, Drury was asked point blank by Vince and he gave the same Quinn soundbite... he's done great for us and we will try to improve the team. Kakko will get more minutes, I think Barclay Hockey is on Panarin's right and Vitali is on that other non-4th line. That's fine.

Strome is gone. So we add a defensive center or, I'm wrong in the previous paragraph and that new center is Goodrow. We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to know if this is a picture of neopolitan ice cream or a lion. I'm gonna wait to pass any judgment.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Line Balance.

Jagr played his best at times next to Dubinsky and Isbister. Gaborik often excelled with Erik Christensen. Nash partnered better with Hagelin than Kreider.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko can be a top line. Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov can be an effective third group, so long as Kravtsov plays on PP2.

Good teams have three balanced scoring lines. Chytil and Goodrow won't be PP mainstays. That means Panarin, Laf, Zib, Kreider, Kravtsov, Kakko are your 7 PP forwards. Fox, Nils, Trouba your dmen.

The IF in my proposition was assuming that Goodrow with Panarin would do nothing to hold back his scoring. If you can play a third liner with Bread and it doesn't reduce his offensive output, thats a win. It lets you use other valuable forwards in different combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad