Speculation: Roster Building Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Goodrow overpaid slightly would be fine. The Rangers don’t have much money in their bottom six outside of Kreider (assuming he’s not in the top six). As long as they don’t pay too many bottom sixers too much they’ll be ok

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Ordered from a chain restaurant. Local places scare the hell out of me. They think catfish is a garnish. They put it on/in EVERYTHING. I came so close in two faculty searches to getting back to NY. Really hoping something comes through this year, as I don't know if I can take down south living much longer (especially working at a state school where we're getting all the political directives on what we can and can't teach).

I know what you mean food wise....I'm in the process of moving back to the northeast after 10+ years living out west & I cannot wait. Vegas has some decent eating spots, but it's mostly an overpriced dining wasteland. Phoenix dining is particularly bad except for Mexican food. LA has some good restaurants, but the city is just one giant pretentious clusterf&$@ that I cannot stand.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
What do you consider an overpayment?
He shouldn’t get more than 12 mill for 4 years. He is a third line right winger. Kreider is going to be our third best left winger and he’s making $6.5. Can’t afford to give $4mill for our third best right winger. I don’t think anyone will argue that kakko and kravtsov will be better players. Not even mentioning buch (assuming he’s gone).

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Only posted this to reinforce what @Edge had intimidated in the past that their gm can’t pull the trigger.

That's why his team is severe no man's land. They are barely good enough to squeak into a playoff spot or finish 10th in the conference & settle for a draft pick around 13. Plus it seems the locker room is split in half with the Gaudreau/Monahan faction vs the Tkachuk crew. Maybe this is the year the bottom out & Treivling finally gets canned.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
We’re really gonna post rumors from a stronzo named Chris Calzone? What’s next? Peter Pizza tweeting out Eichel for Strome and a lifetime amount of Pizza from John’s on Bleecker?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He shouldn’t get more than 12 mill for 4 years. He is a third line right winger. Kreider is going to be our third best left winger and he’s making $6.5. Can’t afford to give $4mill for our third best right winger. I don’t think anyone will argue that kakko and kravtsov will be better players. Not even mentioning buch (assuming he’s gone).

Id argue that with cheap young talent on the team already and on the way in Lafreniere, Kaako, Kravtsov, Chytil, Fox, Miller and Lundkvist, now is the PERFECT time to overpay slightly for the right depth guys. None of the guys I just mentioned project to be a hard nosed power forward like Goodrow. This is a type of player they’re going to need to find outside of the organization.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Ordered from a chain restaurant. Local places scare the hell out of me. They think catfish is a garnish. They put it on/in EVERYTHING. I came so close in two faculty searches to getting back to NY. Really hoping something comes through this year, as I don't know if I can take down south living much longer (especially working at a state school where we're getting all the political directives on what we can and can't teach).
You’re gonna have another Scopes monkey trial on your hands

Reactions: smoneil

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
My head spins everytime I try to figure out what the lines might be. There are SO many pieces still in motion that any move/signing could totally change depending on who is still here next year. I don't really think we have ANY bad contracts though. Kreider's will be bad based on his usage (3rd line LW) eventually, but it isn't there yet. I tend to think Trouba offers far more than he's given credit for on these boards, so I'm not overly fussed about his contract either. That said, it's always a good idea to be careful. Just because we've cleared out the old bad contracts doesn't mean we need to add new ones, haha.
Regarding the contracts, I agree that “bad” is open for interpretation. The Trouba contract is bad even though the player is useful and valuable to the team. Too much money for the role he plays. The Kreider contract is bad because he’s now third option at his position. Those contracts leave little, if any, margin for error when filling out the rest of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad