Speculation: Roster Building Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
We bought the house back in May, but the seller wanted a longer window so we only closed Monday. Moved Thursday, living in what a feels like a warehouse since.

Great time for projects, though! When I bought my last place, I knew I was going to have all the carpet ripped out and replaced. I hadn't thought about painting until I realized that I had this house and had to keep all my stuff in the kitchen for three weeks (until the flooring could get done). And because all the carpet was going, I didn't need to be careful at ALL about floor splatter! Used the old carpet as a drop cloth, haha.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Any rumors that get put out into the universe I take with a grain of salt

Like do I think Buchnevich for Horvat could be a thing? Yeah cause Jim Benning is an idiot

Do I think it’s likely? No not really
Jim Benning is an idiot but he's the type of idiot to look at Buchnevich and say "small soft Russian"

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Any rumors that get put out into the universe I take with a grain of salt

Like do I think Buchnevich for Horvat could be a thing? Yeah cause Jim Benning is an idiot

Do I think it’s likely? No not really

There are idiots, and then there is Buddy Lembeck from Charles in Charge.

I don't think Benning is at that level lol.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
There are very, very few quality writers anywhere. There's very little quality journalism in general, not just in sports.

It's just the reality of the world where all media is profit-driven and stirring shit gets the most attention.

Why do the Islanders get Andrew Gross? We're more popular than they are, we're more marketable, we get better ratings, we have the larger fanbase...why do they get Gross and we're stuck with Amateur Hour?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Yea that rumor doesn't pass the smell test one bit...then I saw the source and yea...makes sense

Edit - but we will 100% be hearing "why didn't Drury trade Buch for Horvat" for the next 5 years or so on here and elsewhere...

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Btw, took a glimpse at the Vancouver board.

Not a single word about that trade rumor.

Someone just wanted clickbait.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why do the Islanders get Andrew Gross? We're more popular than they are, we're more marketable, we get better ratings, we have the larger fanbase...why do they get Gross and we're stuck with Amateur Hour?
Because we'd rather have the shit-stirrers. The shit-stirrers get more clicks.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY

You know, I've come to an epiphany: while we have the largest American fanbase in the NHL and while we're the most valuable franchise in the entire NHL, we have without a shadow of the doubt the worst bloggers and worst beat writers (not to mention a really crappy owner). I don't know how and I don't know why, but the media coverage of the Rangers, both published and freelance, is absolutely abysmal. On the professional side, you have shit-stirrer Larry Brooks, a schmuck in Carpy and apathetic non-insiders like Vince Merc and Colin Stephenson, and on the blogging side you have attention-whores who will report bullshit stuff for attention like David Shapiro, Greg Kaplan, Adam Herman, Joe Fortunato and the Forever Blueshirts guy.

Seriously, we can't do better? The NEW YORK RANGERS. America's Hockey Team. The only team in New York City. They can't do better than these hacks?

FOR REAL, I was thinking about this today. Our pro coverage is BAD, Brooksie writes on a 3rd grade level, Carp is a bad take machine who lets Rangers twitter live rent-free inside his head and has broken exactly zero big stories, the halfway decent writers like Shayna and Vincent have zero sources (at least Shayna is informative), and the bloggers are straight up clowns.

Why is it that Dreger, McKenzie and Pagnotta know more about our front office than our actual beat writers?

Anyway, burn it all down and give us new writers.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

You know, I've come to an epiphany: while we have the largest American fanbase in the NHL and while we're the most valuable franchise in the entire NHL, we have without a shadow of the doubt the worst bloggers and worst beat writers (not to mention a really crappy owner). I don't know how and I don't know why, but the media coverage of the Rangers, both published and freelance, is absolutely abysmal. On the professional side, you have shit-stirrer Larry Brooks, a schmuck in Carpy and apathetic non-insiders like Vince Merc and Colin Stephenson, and on the blogging side you have attention-whores who will report bullshit stuff for attention like David Shapiro, Greg Kaplan, Adam Herman, Joe Fortunato and the Forever Blueshirts guy.

Seriously, we can't do better? The NEW YORK RANGERS. America's Hockey Team. The only team in New York City. They can't do better than these hacks?

What an absolute loser of a freaking series of tweets. Builds up some rumors, has a little outburst, tells absolutely nothing, has no proven sources or history, then says go get me verified and btw try to get me unsuspended something (f***ing lol) and then I'll tell you. Absolute joke.

Can we add this crap to the 'not allowed to post tweets/rumors during offseason' list yet? @Gardner McKay

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Didnt Price play in Juniors up there?

If the Dreidger announcement wasn't already made, there definitely would be a major tie in for tickets with Price.
He’s from Vancouver and played juniors for Tri-City, about 3 hours from Seattle in southeast Washington. He met his wife playing in juniors and they live outside Van in the off-season.

So yeah, he’s entire life is in that area.

Reactions: haveandare

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Was there a dividing line with the rebuild? It definitely seems like the rebuild Rangers have a vibe of, well some weird shit is happening, or it's going to happen very soon, let's gawk at it.

There's no reason to just make up trades, or take a total laissez-faire approach to your job (the beat writers have a good covid excuse since the team wouldn't let them get close, but it was bad before covid), but there is a kind of joylessness I see in Serious hockey media that makes me less mad at the stupid takemen finding a niche for themselves.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
What an absolute loser of a freaking series of tweets. Builds up some rumors, has a little outburst, tells absolutely nothing, has no proven sources or history, then says go get me verified and btw try to get me unsuspended something (f***ing lol) and then I'll tell you. Absolute joke.

Can we add this crap to the 'not allowed to post tweets/rumors during offseason' list yet? @Gardner McKay

+1. Little disappointed I gave this guy 2 min of my attention today.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
5gtzt9.jpg

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
lmao, Drury moving
All while making dinner, bathing the kids, then changing the oil in his beige Camry.

Sheet rocking the basement while trade talks with Adams tomm.

Flying to Guam Sunday night to talk to a potential 4th rounder we just landed. Rickshaw personally ordered.

Urinal cakes personally ordered.

Hand Painting Igors mask on Monday.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes