Speculation: Roster Building Thread X:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Buchnevich is not eligible for NTC until he reaches the age of unrestricted free agency. 27. There would be no clause for 21-22. He would eligible for a clause starting in the 2nd season of the contract. 22-23. The Rangers and the agent can negotiate the clause details.

Good info thanks

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This has basically been the last 8 weeks.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 6.05.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 6.05.06 PM.png
    936.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: haveandare

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's a possibility. I wonder if the Canes and Oilers have a deal for Foegele already lined up based on their recent deal for 'future considerations'.

Adam Gold, Local radio guy that usually has a lot of insight to the Canes tweeted this today. Looks like Carolina is trying to sign Foegele to a long term deal.

Also, the tidbit about ADA.

Reactions: NYR Viper

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
It still baffles me that Gorton gave Spooner 4 million, Names 4 million and Vesey 2,25. And could not sign Jesper for less than he gave Georgiev. The man was the worst GM of all time.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
One of the deals that still confuses me to this day is the Gauthier deal. I like Gauthier, but the long term outlook at RW always had Buch, Kaako and Kravtsov. Seemed odd to move a good young d-man who they knew was expansion exempt.

That probably would have been a good Oporto out to find a young center in lieu of a winger

Reactions: mas0764

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It still baffles me that Gorton gave Spooner 4 million, Names 4 million and Vesey 2,25. And could not sign Jesper for less than he gave Georgiev. The man was the worst GM of all time.

GMs are forced into these deals for the players they acquired in trade. Same with Smith. Gorton certainly had his deficiencies in signings and overall fortitude in holding to what is the best decision possible which at times means no decision at all. He couldn't pull the trigger on Quinn when it was clear he had lost the room in the play-in round and he wasn't a solution to anything. Hopefully Drury is the whole package when it comes to leadership, philosophy, and the day to day victories.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Gorton was hit and miss (Kreider contract, Mcdonagh trade), but we also have to realize he got Zibanejad, Fox, drafted Laf, Kakko and Kravtsov, Nils, Miller, Schneider. a HR in the Nash trade.. He had his warts (contracts mostly) but as far as "rebuilding" and drafting I think he did quite well and was also ahead on trades (Zib, Fox, Nash deals) than he was behind (Mcd/Miller)

We are set up pretty damn nicely in part because of Gorton so we owe him some credit

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
When the clause turns from no movement to limited no trade in July of 2024,

33 year old Kreider at 6.5M cap hit, with 3 more years left. A 15 team no trade clause which will follow him.

Likely not much cap movement.

Positive or Negative trade asset at that point?

I’d bet still positive if he stays healthy. He has skills that not many players have and his game should translate to the playoffs. I was totally against resigning Kreider but his net presence is rare in today’s NHL. Hasn’t he led the league in deflection goals over the last few years? I’m ok playing him on the 3rd line and giving him major PP time. Higher if Laf takes awhile to improve. He gives us that depth that I’ve been talking about. If TB can continually solve their cap problems we’ll be able to deal with any in 2-3 years. I just wish Kreider was more consistent, but hopefully Gallant can get that out of him.

Reactions: BobSantos and bl02

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Danault is testing the market but as we've discussed here many times, he's likely going to want 6-7 years at 5M+ per, so its a pass

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
[QUOTE="bobbop, post: 179204003"]Organizations care about selling tickets. Yandle is the second most popular player in Coyotes history.[/QUOTE]

That's why the Eichel situation is worrisome. I've seen this movie before and I don't care much for it. If Drury moves Kakko eg (whom we've been told is available in the "right deal") I'll be extremely disgusted.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
[QUOTE="bobbop, post: 179204003, member: 19333"]Organizations care about selling tickets. Yandle is the second most popular player in Coyotes history.

That's why the Eichel situation is worrisome. I've seen this movie before and I don't care much for it. If Drury moves Kakko eg (whom we've been told is available in the "right deal") I'll be extremely disgusted.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this is the “right deal”

Reactions: NYRangers16

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Regarding Eichel, I think Drury is damned if he does damned if he doesnt.. If Eichel were to play the next 5 years at a PPG player or better wherever he goes and the Rangers didn't trade "this guy or that guy" we wont hear the end of it. Even if people dont want him now, its just how New York fans are

Of course this also depends on how well the Rangers are doing obviously

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Regarding Eichel, I think Drury is damned if he does damned if he doesnt.. If Eichel were to play the next 5 years at a PPG player or better wherever he goes and the Rangers didn't trade "this guy or that guy" we wont hear the end of it. Even if people dont want him now, its just how New York fans are

Of course this also depends on how well the Rangers are doing obviously

I don't agree necessarily. Everyone is dumping on Eichel for being immature and a loser with a damaged neck and don't want to sacrifice the youth we've come to love for him. I think even casual Rangers fans will want Eichel less than Nash.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

It’s much more nuanced than that.

there is the cap, his salary, the state of the team, the injury history, the fact that he does nothing to diversify the lineup, etc.

When they traded for Nash it made sense. They were coming off of a deep run, they had a well rounded core that needed scoring pop.

this group has nothing but scoring pop so they’re going to augment it with…. More very expensive scoring pop?

it’s just a dumb idea. Unless the plan is Eichel in and Zibanejad out (which is reshuffling at its core but at least you have one guy under contract) while ignoring all of the issues that actually plague this team.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I don't agree necessarily. Everyone is dumping on Eichel for being immature and a loser with a damaged neck and don't want to sacrifice the youth we've come to love for him. I think even casual Rangers fans will want Eichel less than Nash.

again, until if he becomes a healthy PPG player who could be a top line center for 10+ years due to his age while the Rangers are looking for one.. Its hindsight but it absolutely would happen if it shakes out that way.

Reactions: Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad