Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXIII: Goals. Goals Everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I agree with you that GMs (as well as fans) will look at points per game but at the end of the day teams need points per 80 games. You could be a great worker for a company but if you are sick 25% of the week your value declines.

You brought up Gaborik as a comparison. Gaborik put up seasons of 86-46-76 points for us in his 3 full seasons.

I'm not saying we should trade Nash. I'm just saying if the GM does decide to trade him we should not expect him to be in huge demand over the summer. Of course I could be wrong :D

Gaborik was pacing 45 points and only 21 goals over 82 when we dealt him. I don't know that the value is all that different. And they're at identical points in their contracts. Nash is 2 years older than Gaborik was. If his value is less, it's slight.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I really really don't see the appeal in him

Mediocre at ES, mediocre on the PP, sucks defensively. Where's the win here....

We're all so afraid of overpaying for Shattenkirk, and then we turn around and trade Nash for Vatanen? Nash RETAINED for Vatanen?

Come on, now.

Vatanen is a worse version of what people think Shattenkirk is.

I don't get this place anymore.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Gaborik was pacing 45 points and only 21 goals over 82 when we dealt him. I don't know that the value is all that different. And they're at identical points in their contracts. Nash is 2 years older than Gaborik was. If his value is less, it's slight.

That was Gabs last season here. Gabs put up 86-46-76 in his 3 prior full seasons. Nash has put up 39-69-36 in his last 3 seasons and is on pace for 40 points this season. We traded Gabs during the season. I'm not saying we should trade Nash. All I'm saying is that if our GM does try to trade him in the offseason I would not expect him to be in very high demand based on age, salary, and his last 4 seasons points totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad