Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Would a deal of:
Geo & Chytil to EDM for Skinner(can be the BU next year if they prefer Kinkaid for the rest of this season) & Yamamoto be a fair deal? Not sure what EDM thinks of Skinner but if they do add a goalie and keep Smith Skinner is waiver eligible next season. This also give NYR an option of Yama at the RW of Panarin-Strome if Laff doesn't work there and if he does then they can plug him at C between Goodrow & Goat

Reactions: cheech70
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I dont think the position he plays matters if he can be a 15-20 goal guy playing a Rooney/Goodrow type game. Hes showed a pretty good shot in HFD & his limited NHL action
That’s fine. But if management doesn’t see him as a center, there’s little chance of him filling the 3C spot.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Would a deal of:
Geo & Chytil to EDM for Skinner(can be the BU next year if they prefer Kinkaid for the rest of this season) & Yamamoto be a fair deal? Not sure what EDM thinks of Skinner but if they do add a goalie and keep Smith Skinner is waiver eligible next season. This also give NYR an option of Yama at the RW of Panarin-Strome if Laff doesn't work there and if he does then they can plug him at C between Goodrow & Goat

I am not too sure about a big trade in season to bolster our top 9. I guess depending on the Olympic break along with the makeup games can you squeeze a mini camp after a trade to get team acclimated ?

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Would anyone have an issue with brining back Derek Stepan on a 1 year deal if the Hurricanes let him walk this summer. Trade Chytil for an upgrade for the playoffs. Stepan has the same amount of goals as Chytil, better on faceoffs and at this point in his career, won’t be expensive.
The fact that Stepan from a stat perspective is equal to or better than Chytil at this stage is more of an indictment on Chytil than anything.

Reactions: egelband

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
With how cap strapped the oilers are, they're not adding nemeth (who has a NTC thats likely to include the oilers), and trading away a young controllable piece.

I was joking because Laf didn’t appear in the revamped lineup.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Kakko, Laf, Chytil and Kravtsov have a combined 30 NHL points this season.

Panarin, Strome, Zibanejad, Kreider EACH have 30 points, essentially. The vet forwards are doing their jobs. If the kids were on schedule, this team would look a lot more dangerous. It's actually incredible where they are in the standings right now.
I think they’ll slip a bit as defenses start tightening up.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Everyone deserves a 9 th shot ( Randy Gregory )

now go get him dammit

If we were a vet laden team with plenty of locker room role models and just needed to fill a role, then you can make an argument to sign Kane.

When you have young impressionable players still figuring out how to play and act in the league like Laf, Kaako, Chytil, Jones, Nils, Miller...sorry we can't afford this guy's baggage. A team without a C doesn't have enough leadership to take Kane's problems.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I can talk myself into it, especially when we're already looking at rental wingers that might cost a top prospect. I don't think this group is a Reilly Smith away (and VGK probably want to hold on to Smith), but if they get this bozo and it actually works out?

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad