Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXVIII: Big Trouba in Little Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
<Ring Ring>

"Hello Jeff, it's Chevy. What was that #10's name you called me on, JZ. Yeah let's do that one"
"Hey Chevy, deals off..."

<Click>

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So, does Trouba+ get you Miller or Skjei? Clearly the Jets have to add in either case.

I mean Skjei is looking like a top-4 defenseman. Miller is looking playing out of his mind. Miller is probably playing a bit over his head right now but still. Definitely makes the Skjei + Miller proposals look really bad for us.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I mean, I can imagine management trading Skjei in a package for Trouba. Then putting Trouba on the RD with McDonagh, then Holden moves to his natural left side. I really hope they don't Skjei is becoming a favorite of mine.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They'd be lucky to get skjei straight up at this point. Def not getting miller and skjei forget it.

I'd still give them Zucc and skjei though but I'd want a mid round pick back.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
They'd be lucky to get skjei straight up at this point. Def not getting miller and skjei forget it.

No...Zucc for Trouba and a 2nd, just like the Brass deal.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Staal has been playing well lately. It's good to see that. Adding a top 4 D would be great for us adding Trouba would be amazing especially if he hit his stride with fresh legs in the middle of the season..

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
eeesh

as a huge proponent of trading miller and skjei for trouba, as each game goes by, I'm becoming more and more put off about losing those 2 guys. zuc will not be moved. I'm with you about age, contract RFA status etc. but highly highly unlikely zuc is dealt. nash gone before him as well. trouba is really good. he would be better than anyone on our right side in years, but miller is looking like a younger version of blake wheeler, and skjei looks eerily similar to McD when he first came up with us. solid pedigree but questions about his offense and he just continues to suprise us all. plus he is exempt from EXP which is huge.. I stand with many fans in saying jets may have missed the boat on that deal. I would rather trade a 1st round pick in a weak draft +lindberg+mcilrath for shatty and keep our core forwards and depth, then kill our chemistry, and deplete our depth

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are still a defender short. Let's not get it twisted. That being said it's a lot harder to see who they move now.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
This team reminds me of the '07 Sabres. Rangers should add at the deadline.

Maybe sniff around a Ryan Murphy. They really liked him from the 2011 draft class.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
correct

They are still a defender short. Let's not get it twisted. That being said it's a lot harder to see who they move now.

If they are serious and truly think this team can win the cup// 1st pk (weak draft) +lindberg+ mcIlrath or glass(salary cap) for shattenkirk

role with

McD-Klein
Staal_shatty
Skjei-Girardi

Holden

It fits cap wise, we keep every current forward besides lindberg, whose not playing at the moment and coming off surgery. Jooris can fill his void coming back.. and worry about moving cap around to resign shatty in the offseason. He is pretty much the cheapest option to trade for due to the rumors about wanting to play here and being a UFA. he would also gives us the best bang for our buck. trouba,vatanen,hamilton,etc would all cost a very significant asset. shatty would fit this up tempo speedy tranistion stlye like a glove and would improve our top 4 D. PP tremendously

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
on the one hand...Miller, Skjei and Zucc are all playing great.

on the other hand I had to watch Dan Girardi get absolutely ROASTED out there about a half dozen times.

our coach...will always...match up DG...against the other teams best players.

ive just given up on him not being a moron when it comes to this.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Miller is getting to the point where proposing Miller for Trouba straight up won't get you laughed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00