Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’d love O’Reilly. 2 years left on his deal, if he doesn’t feel St. Louis is moving in the right direction I could see him being dealt next year, rather than having the Pietrangelo situation repeat itself. If we re-sign Zib and stopgap 2C with Chytil/Goodrow or a 1 year UFA, and go for ROR at the TDL, I wouldn’t at all mind:

Laf - Z - KK
Bread - ROR - Krav
Kreids - Chytil - Goodrow
Blais - Barron - Reaves

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
The AGM is one thing, but they could literally hire an assistant coach the day before camp starts and it would make no difference.

I suppose. I mean I think Gallant and the coach should have the same vision for how he wants the team to play and that should be established prior to camp opening.

I still say that we're waiting to hear on Rick Tocchet.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
And why would Florida not sign Barkov?

Maybe he wants too much money, maybe he wants to go elsewhere? Because he's UNRESTRICTED? Are you really thinking it's impossible they don't sign him? Maybe unlikely they don't, but it's possible they don't. Unlike Fox, which was the comparison.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, here's an idea....

Trades:
Strome to Ottawa for Greig + OTT 3rd '22

Gauthier + Hajek + OTT 3rd '22 for Tarasenko (STL retains $1.5m)

Georgiev for Koskinen + EDM 2nd '22

Panarin-Kravtsov-Tarasenko
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais-Rooney-Reaves
Hunt

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Bitetto/Tinordi

Shesty
Koskinen

That leaves $6.7m in cap space for this season

Going in to next season, that would give the team ~$23m in cap space to extend Fox, Zibanejad, Kaako, Kravtsov and Blais. Probably ~$13m goes to Fox and Zibanejad, leaving $10m for the others.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Ok, here's an idea....

Trades:
Strome to Ottawa for Greig + OTT 3rd '22

Gauthier + Hajek + OTT 3rd '22 for Tarasenko (STL retains $1.5m)

Georgiev for Koskinen + EDM 2nd '22

Panarin-Kravtsov-Tarasenko
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais-Rooney-Reaves
Hunt

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Bitetto/Tinordi

Shesty
Koskinen

That leaves $6.7m in cap space for this season

Going in to next season, that would give the team ~$23m in cap space to extend Fox, Zibanejad, Kaako, Kravtsov and Blais. Probably ~$13m goes to Fox and Zibanejad, leaving $10m for the others.

Dude, its going to be closer to $18M going to Fox and Zibs.....

Reactions: Off Sides

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Barkov is going nowhere....repeat after me.

i’ve always scoffed at the idea of Florida parting ways with Lundell and still think an organization with low operating income numbers will not part ways with him.

Meanwhile they have Barkov, they have Reinart and they have Bennett. If Lundell arrives that’s a load at center so i wonder how they fill in the surrounding cast. If they resign Barkov and Reinart(who they just traded a #1 for) and i don’t see them moving them while Bennett who is a perfect checking center (why the heck the last regime didn’t trade for him is beyond me). So where does that leave Lundell?

Still doubt the revenues/operating income work but, imo, they won’t keep all of them.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's a 2 way street. Barkov has to want to resign there. My original post was in response to a comment that said Barkov could be an impasse in extension negotiations. May be I read that post wrong.

It was mentioned the Panthers can't do what the Islanders did with Tavares and let him walk for nothing. Hense my post that if this situation transpired, Rangers should do everything in their power to get him.

Reactions: bobbop

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's a 2 way street. Barkov has to want to resign there. My original post was in response to a comment that said Barkov could be an impasse in extension negotiations. May be I read that post wrong.

It was mentioned the Panthers can't do what the Islanders did with Tavares and let him walk for nothing. Hense my post that if this situation transpired, Rangers should do everything in their power to get him.
There's zero reason for why Barkov would want to leave Florida. He's the captain, the team is finally starting to get it together, and it's Florida with lovely weather and easy taxes.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There's zero reason for why Barkov would want to leave Florida. He's the captain, the team is finally starting to get it together, and it's Florida with lovely weather and easy taxes.

unless he doesn’t want to live in Florida.

I get that his situation is great, but just like not everyone wants to play in NY, same applies for the Panthers.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
unless he doesn’t want to live in Florida.

I get that his situation is great, but just like not everyone wants to play in NY, same applies for the Panthers.
The sense I get, mostly from Friedman, is that he likes his situation but the one thing he was unsure about was if the Panthers are positioned to win, and it seems like he's pretty comfortable with that now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad