Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Drury wanted Dvorak, he could have traded for him by now. He has the assets and cap room to make that trade and everyone knows there is a market for Strome.

I'm getting the feeling that unless an Eichel deal falls into his lap, this is the roster we are starting the season with.

quoting @bobbop from the last thread..

Would they be ok with going in with Strome, essentially self renting him and letting him walk for nothing? If the answer is yes, then this will most likely be the team.

I can see them wanting to change the 'dynamic' of the Panarin line. Something I never thought of, what if Goodrow centers Panarin with another skill winger like Kravtsov? Panarin Goodrow Kravtsov.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Would they be ok with going in with Strome, essentially self renting him and letting him walk for nothing? If the answer is yes, then this will most likely be the team.

I can see them wanting to change the 'dynamic' of the Panarin line. Something I never thought of, what if Goodrow centers Panarin with another skill winger like Kravtsov? Panarin Goodrow Kravtsov.

Let's not forget Goodrow tends to be a very "low event," player. I'm not sure him CENTERING Panarin is what I want.

Maybe on the wing with Panarin in a Fast role. Other than that I think Goodrow is really made for the third line.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Let's not forget Goodrow tends to be a very "low event," player. I'm not sure him CENTERING Panarin is what I want.

Maybe on the wing with Panarin in a Fast role. Other than that I think Goodrow is really made for the third line.
Danault worked with Tatar and Gallagher. It would be a similar formula. Panarin still Centers the line past our blue line.

Danault allowed his wingers to cheat up and was good at making the outlet pass. I don't know if Goodrow is capable though tbh

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly

If that means another year for Chytil with 13 minutes per night and no PP time, then that is not something we should be OK with.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Danault worked with Tatar and Gallagher. It would be a similar formula. Panarin still Centers the line past our blue line.

Danault allowed his wingers to cheat up and was good at making the outlet pass. I don't know if Goodrow is capable though tbh

Yeah, I think Danault is a way better scorer at 5v5 than Goodrow is, and that's saying something.

Goodrow is like a black hole. Nothing in, nothing out when he's on the ice.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, I think Danault is a way better scorer at 5v5 than Goodrow is, and that's saying something.

Goodrow is like a black hole. Nothing in, nothing out when he's on the ice.
In the ideal world Chytil, QUICKLY, transforms into a capable 2way power center.

but all options are on the table. I honestly do not like how Strome completes the line. It works against porous defenses and the regular season but we will not be capable in the playoffs.

Kucherov has a mini pitbull in Point and real solid 2way option in Palat. Strome is neither. He makes the line toooo finesse east/west. We need to optimize Panarin's effectiveness.. and imo Tampa Bay has given us the blueprints.

2019 Mika could be that guy. Maybe he's centering Panarin under the Gallant regime

Chytil has that potential

Last edited:
Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I dont mind Chytil on the 3rd line until he gets better at face offs.

I also think Goodrow plays next to Panarin and Strome.

Next year maybe Chytil makes the jump and plays with Panarin.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I dont mind Chytil on the 3rd line until he gets better at face offs.

I also think Goodrow plays next to Panarin and Strome.

Next year maybe Chytil makes the jump and plays with Panarin.
you think they go in with Strome? and let him walk for nothing?

Considering there's a market out there... That'd be poor asset management with 2 deep drafts coming up.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It'd be so cool if they just moved Lafreniere to center. He's got the tools: like if Claude Giroux could do it, why couldn't he. That gives you your 1C going forward.
I'd rather move Kravtsov to center than Lafreniere but if Kravtsov moves to center someone else is moving to RW. A top 6 of this would be pretty balanced:
Panarin - Lafreniere - Kravtsov
Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko

But I could see

Panarin - Kravtsov - Goodrow
Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
Kreider - Chytil - Strome
Blais - Barron - Reaves

Goodrow is good at face-offs so he could take some for Kravy while he adjusts to center & works on them in practise. Goodrow could also be that grinder that Panarin likes having on his opposing wing.

Strome would really be doing nothing here though, that 3rd line is not good enough defensively. He should be moved for a more defensive minded guy of similar caliber

Reactions: Chytilmania

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think if Chytil stays, he’ll get a look with Panarin at some point.

it makes too much sense for it not to happen.

Strome on the wing would be worse than Strome at C.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Prospects not named Fox need to take the next step this year.

Chytil, Kakko, Laf, Kravtsov

Really need at least two of the above to come out and own their ice time and take it from others.

Would be nice for Lundkvist to come out firing on all cylinders, but ideally, two forwards need to show up to camp ready to claim top six ice time and not have it simply default to them.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think if Chytil stays, he’ll get a look with Panarin at some point.

it makes too much sense for it not to happen.
Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov
Kreider - Strome - Goodrow
Blais - Barron - Reaves

I wonder if they'd try two kids with Panarin. I think Kravtsov has better chemistry with him than Kakko, I wonder how much stock they put into that thing about Panarin not wanting Kakko on his line

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov
Kreider - Strome - Goodrow
Blais - Barron - Reaves

I wonder if they'd try two kids with Panarin. I think Kravtsov has better chemistry with him than Kakko, I wonder how much stock they put into that thing about Panarin not wanting Kakko on his line
Wasn't that a nugget from Carp? I don't believe anything he says and I truly don't believe this.

Panarin and Kakko, stylistically, work well together imo. Kakko was a strong defensive forward and great on the boards. What did Blackwell provide over Kakko? It makes no sense.

Panarin Chytil Kakko would be an interesting line

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If one of Kravtsov/Lafreniere move to center, rendering Strome a winger I'd try making a move around Strome for Nichushkin.

Kreider - Chytil - Nichushkin would be a big, fast, dangerous 3rd line and Nichushkin is excellent defensively

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd rather move Kravtsov to center than Lafreniere but if Kravtsov moves to center someone else is moving to RW. A top 6 of this would be pretty balanced:
Panarin - Lafreniere - Kravtsov
Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko

But I could see

Panarin - Kravtsov - Goodrow
Kreider - Chytil - Strome
Blais - Barron - Reaves

Goodrow is good at face-offs so he could take some for Kravy while he adjusts to center & works on them in practise. Goodrow could also be that grinder that Panarin likes having on his opposing wing.

Strome would really be doing nothing here though, that 3rd line is not good enough defensively. He should be moved for a more defensive minded guy of similar caliber

Panarin-Chytil-Blais
Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Kravtsov-Goodrow
Hunt-Rooney-Reaves

Trade Strome

Reactions: EdJovanovski

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Anyone want to bet real money with me that none of the guys you want to play center who are wings end up playing center for any significant period of time? I’m serious. DM on the side, I got a lot of trips coming up that I need to pay for and wouldn’t mind taking free money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad