Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XI: We can read between the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah, I will read his article and call it a night - soon 1 am here, until later, have a good one! :)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Well, I am impressed. He came up with something without reading HFNYR for a change.
You sure about that?

“So you watch the Rangers every night, pick apart every flaw, and inevitably reach the no-brainer conclusion that a Cup is out of the question and that pending free agents Rick Nash, Michael Grabner and Nick Holden must be bartered for futures while potential 2019 UFA’s Ryan McDonagh and Mats Zuccarello should be aggressively marketed as well.”

I’ll add: he’s also not wrong. If you get a Sergyachev or Marner for McD, do you do it? I’d say it’s a no brainer on Sergyachev. Marner is a pretty damn close call too, and I’m leaning yes.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
For sure. I'd be much more interested in a Toronto offer though if it came to trading McD.
I think we should be frisky and move him for the right deal in a bidding war like Brooks mentioned in his article. Gorton is in an unique and kind of new situation for us Rangers end of this season with many options - so I`m excited what is going to happen!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You sure about that?

“So you watch the Rangers every night, pick apart every flaw, and inevitably reach the no-brainer conclusion that a Cup is out of the question and that pending free agents Rick Nash, Michael Grabner and Nick Holden must be bartered for futures while potential 2019 UFA’s Ryan McDonagh and Mats Zuccarello should be aggressively marketed as well.”

I’ll add: he’s also not wrong. If you get a Sergyachev or Marner for McD, do you do it? I’d say it’s a no brainer on Sergyachev. Marner is a pretty damn close call too, and I’m leaning yes.

Man, that's eerie!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
A McDonagh for Sergachev + deal would make A LOT of sense for both teams. That’s the type of player that would need to be coming back for McDonagh and that’s a team primed to compete right now

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A McDonagh for Sergachev + deal would make A LOT of sense for both teams. That’s the type of player that would need to be coming back for McDonagh and that’s a team primed to compete right now

Sergachev+ depends on what the + is of course, but it is intriguing

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
In no way shape or form would I want MCD anywhere near Tampa. f*** Tampa and the horse it rides in on..

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Nash makes the Rangers a better team.

Better for the now, I agree. I just don't think the club is wise to keep the aging asset. Get something in return before you can't. Looking at some of the players drafted 16th through 30th in past years. Instead the Rangers pass up on them for the aging asset and the chance for the now. I just don't see the chance for the now as being the move anymore.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yeah not a fan of McDonagh going to Tampa

And I'm not entirely sold on Marner. I don't think he is bad by any means though

I don't know what the course is here

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that Sergachev on his ELC is probably more valuable to Tampa than McDonagh is. They have their horse on the blueline already in Hedman and plenty of talent up and down the lineup. Marner would be a pipe dream as well, I'd have to think. Brooks' valuations are always way off.

Reactions: Berserk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad