Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The most likely guy to come out if they put both Chytil and Wheeler in is Cuylle. He and Kakko are the only two forwards who have no special teams role. Cuylle is the one who has been demoted to L4 with Chytil back and last time that happened he got 6 minutes. He's not used in late game situations to defend leads. Kakko is also better. Cuylle's play has been fine but he has also provided no offense. He has 3 points in the last 3 months.
If wheeler comes in, it’s prob in a 4th line role at this point.
No telling how the injury has affected his already slow skating. Imo you don’t want that guy playing more than 6-7 min against a team like the panthers…..
Dropping Cuylle is not a good idea. I’m glad they did it for 1 game and he was back up on 3rd line.
He hasn’t produced a lot, but he’s literally the only one on that line that drives the net or shoots the puck from a high danger scoring area… all 3 are good at puck possession, but
Wennberg and Kakko mainly spin and change direction allow the boards and throw a low danger shot from far out or a low percentage pass to the middle of the ice where our guys are often outnumbered 3 to 1…..
If the point is to make 3rd line more offensively dangerous, adding chytil with Cuylle is a step in the right direction….
There’s a lot of unknowns about how rusty wheeler is right now….. I absolutely wouldn’t insert him on 1st line unless it’s an emergency….
Imo, if they put him with vesey and goodrow and he shows poorly, at least Lavi covers himself. He can run majority 3 lines, double shift someone with goodie/vesey and still have both available for PK.
Similar to what they did with Rempe in the Carolina series. The trust just wasn’t there…..
I like wheeler, but after acquiring Ros/wennberg at the TDL, he’s got no place anymore unless there’s an injury in the line up. Similar to what happened with bonino. He was replaced by better options.
I guess we’ll see if Lavi goes in the same direction as before, dropping Cuylle down to insert chytil.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I disagree. Vatrano would be an absolute stud in that spot for this post season.

He wouldn't. In fact if we had Vatrano in that spot theres a decent chance that Carolina moves on.

He needs to play with guys who can get him the puck in the right spots, that really isn't either Kreider or Zibanejad. Plus the things that Roslovic isn't good at? Vatrano is even worse at them.

Reactions: UnSandvich

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
too much to say, to biz to do so now...

except to add we got some good news [comparatively]
'nucks owned our ass and totally dominated

were eliminated last nite
Oil does not = pushover
we had uneven bouts of dominating/being dominated
so ballpark a bit better

Stars also not easy
but we fared better still vs them

So, if we get by FL
and DAL advances

we could have a fortunate matchup for final

lgr

[like James Bond and the Avengers] bern will return....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
still too biz, but just quickly need to repudiate this idiocy:

Rempe should be playing over, at min, Wennberg + Ros. PERIOD

til later
bern

lgr

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
  • Haha
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Looks like tampa is gonna have to move Cirelli to clear cap space.

If the rangers wanted to do some cut throat business this offeseason theyd

1) trade goodrow and trouba to teams that want veterans leadership. Obviously not proposing them to tampa here

2) trade their 2024 1st for cirelli

3) Sign Perron on a 1 year deal allowing othmann and berard one more year in hartford

4) sign a cheap vet RHD to play 6D until the TDL, someone like chad ruhwedel and start the season as follow

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko
Edstrom-Rempe/Brodzinski-Vesey

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I disagree. Vatrano would be an absolute stud in that spot for this post season.
Meh. Not a big fan. One trick pony and a 3.65m cap hit again next year. And they were looking for at LEAST a 1st for him, no? Had 21 goals off of the PP this season which aint bad, but wouldn't change our fortunes. We did better the way we went.

1) trade goodrow and trouba to teams that want veterans leadership. Obviously not proposing them to tampa here

3) Sign Perron on a 1 year deal allowing othmann and berard one more year in hartford

4) sign a cheap vet RHD to play 6D until the TDL, someone like chad ruhwedel and start the season as follow

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick
Chytil?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick
Cirelli on that contract and for a 1st (late or not). No thank you at all. Guy has never hit 50 points.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick

How about we just let one of Berard or Othmann win that spot?

Getting an ELC contract in there is kind of necessary. Perron has been pretty underrated in his career but he looked pretty washed this season.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick

I ran this the other day

1716400054510.png

You could sub Kane for Perron or someone else but I think a veteran RW would be a good idea. Berard and Othmann as the first two call-ups.

Trouba to Buffalo for Byram + 2nd
Goodrow to SJ for Kostin + 5th + 6th

I'd give OEL a 2-year deal at that number if he would take it. Jones is the spare but I'd go with more of a normal rotation throughout the season giving guys nights off. Byram can play RD or LD

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Terrible take. Maybe your worst ever.
sez you
free country
not first/last time you will be wrong about me or this

How about we just let one of Berard or Othmann win that spot?

Getting an ELC contract in there is kind of necessary. Perron has been pretty underrated in his career but he looked pretty washed this season.
yes
stop favoring vets over youth

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick
1. stop favoring vets over youth
so no to cirellli
we need to create mins for Rempe + Edstrom

plus let's see if we can't make a good pick before we deal our 1st

also, Chytil?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Kreider-Mika-Perron
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Cirelli-Kakko

Lindgren-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel
Robertson

Igor
Quick

The time to trade for Cirelli was 3 years ago. Also is Filip's career over in this scenario?

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I'd start with Kakko to get Cirelli. Would be a good move. Move Chytil to wing where he is better and less likely to get caught with his head down. Stephenson as a free agent is a good look too, but I'd rather get the younger guy using extra pieces.

• Wow
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Cirelli is a good player, thought he was overpaid...

Can't justify him making more than Trocheck. His offense is no where near that level

Chandler Stephenson as a 3C if he can come in around 5ish would be great.

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Stephenson Kakko

Chychrun/Theodore/Zadarov - Fox
KAM Schneider
Lindgren/Jones - vet UFA ( Tanev would be amazing )

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd start with Kakko to get Cirelli. Would be a good move. Move Chytil to wing where he is better and less likely to get caught with his head down. Stephenson as a free agent is a good look too, but I'd rather get the younger guy using extra pieces.
hell no
KK has chem w/Cuylle and are cost controlled/favorable atm
Rs need to find a pivot that adds to them if Chytil can't answer the bell.

That is best internally, not by adding vets

Reactions: bhamill

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think you're going to have to trade both of those guys for a quality LHD.

I'd still do it.
Or Zadarov for just cap space

I don’t think Chychrun or Theodore would cost that much though with only 1 year left

How much will Matt Roy want?

He’s been great

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Did some of you guys erase from your minds how slow Wheeler was? Yeah, I get that he was easing in right before the injury, but I think it'll be more of the same early season woes trying to do it again. Keep him at Rempe minutes, please, if he does come in.

queue; a Wheeler 5-point game so I can look stupid eating crow.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Or Zadarov for just cap space

I don’t think Chychrun or Theodore would cost that much though with only 1 year left

How much will Matt Roy want?

He’s been great
No to both….
Zads reportedly looking for close to 6 mill per.
He’s a career 3rd pairing D coming off strong playoff. Someone is going to be sorry they sign him to that type of deal.

Chychrun is very overrated. He has a nice cap hit, he can shoot the puck very well, but everything else he does is average and below.
Doesn’t take the body, isn’t a stingy defender, not particularly outstanding with his hockey sense…
His sole claim to fam is being a good player on bad teams.
I think his best year Was the shortened season, and if that year taught us anything, it’s that Zibby is not a 60 plus goal guy…..add in the injury history and cost (1st +) to get him, and that’s a huge no from me.

Theodore would be a very good add, but why a vet team in win now mode would trade him is beyond me. There’s a list of others I’d lose before theos 5.3 hit.
But stranger things have happened.

Next year as a template

Kreider-Zibby-???
Panarin-Tro-Laf
Cuylle-Chytil-?? ( Kakko/Berard)
(vet UFA-Edstrom-vesey

Ex rempe
Call ups brod/othmann/etc

Lindgren/trade-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Lindgren/trouba

The above line up is likely our template in training cap…..assuming as Drury moves is Goodrow for sure and Kakko as a maybe… what the return will be? I have no clue and Gus prices himself out of NY.
Signing Stephenson and shifting chytil to wing is a solid move cost/term withstanding.. I’m a huge fan of versatility, having Zibby/tro/stephs up the gut with chytil that can play c to cover injury and vice versa is huge..
Whatever they trade Goodrow for, the return won’t factor into help in the line up most likely. A 1 to 1.5 deal for a 4th vet is a certainty in that instance.

The main question is Kakko. If they do trade him, is it for a player or draft capital coming back???
Berard is/should be a full timer by camp. Edstrom as well. These guys are going to need spots/time.

Don’t really like any UFA D besides Roy and he plays RD.
Love Guhle- Would cost a lot if available. But he’s a kid I’d pay for
Sanheim - intriguing.. 28 years old. Big, can skate, add offense and play solid D.
Rumors are he’ll be on the black at the draft with Philly in full rebuild mode.
Theodore- not likely he moves, but def monitor the situation.
UFAs Skjei/Pesce are going to get paid, don’t want.
Maybe a guy like Weegar becomes available outta left field somehow…
There’s not a ton of really good options, and the prices are likely going to cost more than what most want to pay….

Trouba could certainly be moved this offseason, but they might keep him here for 1 more season as well with cap going up….. there’s about 3-4 important decisions Drury and FO have to make this offseason…
Signing Lindgren to 3 or 4 years seems like a forgone conclusion at this point whether ppl like it or not. No clue what Jones ceiling can be either.
His 1st call up, to me he looked too much like nils Lundkvist. You saw talent, but he was overmatched physically and there were holes in his game defensively which isn’t a good combo.
At the end of the year, it was night and day…. He had poise, the offensive flare, look capable physically and his defensive player was much better.
I have no clue how good he can be if he hits his ceiling.
I’m also much calmer now about our 3rd pair D because of the play of jones
Mancinni in Hartford, and fortesque in college.

I’d wager the big ticket player they go after 1st will be a FWD…..
Like you, I’d be all over Stephenson if his contract demands aren’t outrageous.
I think that would make the most sense.
Trouba with 2 more years, and Lindgren a rfa, they aren’t going to feel the pressure to upgrade D right away imo.
If they choose wing Instead of C, sharengovich would be an interesting target as a UFA. He’s going to get paid as well.
Zetterlund would be my top Wing trade target. A guy that is mainly a Wing, can play center in a pinch if needed, right age, right contract, style of play, garbage team etc
He’d be like adding our version of lehkonen when col traded for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad