Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I love Rempe, and so long as he continues to work on his overall game he will be an NHL regular. However, if Chytil is healthy, Rempe sits.

Not sitting Roslovic in favor of Rempe. To me, tjat makes no sense at all.

CK - MZ - JR
AP - VT - AL
AW - FC - KK
WC - BG - JV

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I love Rempe, and so long as he continues to work on his overall game he will be an NHL regular. However, if Chytil is healthy, Rempe sits.

CK - MZ - JR
AP - VT - AL
AW - FC - KK
WC - BG - JV
full concur if FC is a go, SOMEBODY sits, no ?

Howev, disagree it is the kid ESP w/Wilson in this lineup
arguably he is def more than ...
Wennberg = good def but no scoring , worse, kills others scoring
Goodrow = much better lately but he rotates, not Rempe getting full shifts, w/JV and AW
Vesey - he's ok + w/his moments, still think we are better off long term selling if enuf profit.

None of the above = beast factor which atm Kreider is only other R providing -- and perhaps to a lesser extent also Trouba

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

CK - MZ - JR
AP - VT - AL
AW - FC - KK
WC - BG - JV
Id flip cuylle and wennberg.
Wennberg on the 4th is just an insane level of depth and cuylle adds more offense and grit in the top 9.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Insanity. Continuing to think they’ll split Mika and Kreider now.

Rempe will always look awkward, take penalties and not do much more than run into people. He’s a fun novelty but now is playoffs and time for the hockey players.

Hoping Chytil can play so we can avoid AHL guys
I really don’t feel like Rempe has taken many bad penalties, outside of “the incidents” against the Devils, and there’s usually someone going off with him. I also think he’s very effective on the forecheck and at screening the goalie.
Then again he’s only 21, with a fraction of an NHL season under his belt, so I expect he will be used sparingly unless he’s impactful (positively) when he sees the ice.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Lines with Fil

Kreider Zib Ros
Panarin Troch Lafreniere
Wenn Chytil Kakko
Cuylle Goodrow Vesey

If there's trouble in the first game then you figure out who comes out then. Unfortunately looking at the lineup if Rempe is necessary then Cuylle could be the odd man out given that they'll never take Goodrow out unless they move Fil to line one and sit Ros, line one needs the speed.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'd stick Chytil with Kreider and Zibanejad for a game just on the off chance that it worked.

Reactions: leetch99

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Lines with Fil

Kreider Zib Ros
Panarin Troch Lafreniere
Wenn Chytil Kakko
Cuylle Goodrow Vesey

If there's trouble in the first game then you figure out who comes out then. Unfortunately looking at the lineup if Rempe is necessary then Cuylle could be the odd man out given that they'll never take Goodrow out unless they move Fil to line one and sit Ros, line one needs the speed.
my game one, with Fil would be:
Panarin Troch Laf
Kreids Mika Vesey
Cuylle Fil Kakko
Goodrow Wenn Rempe

I have no problem sitting Ros.

Then go from there for subsequent games. I feel it’s smart to set a tone with Rempe in game one. And I believe 50-72-24 would be real depth, a wild card two way line that not many teams can boast having as a “third” line.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
my game one, with Fil would be:
Panarin Troch Laf
Kreids Mika Vesey
Cuylle Fil Kakko
Goodrow Wenn Rempe

I have no problem sitting Ros.

Then go from there for subsequent games. I feel it’s smart to set a tone with Rempe in game one. And I believe 50-72-24 would be real depth, a wild card two way line that not many teams can boast having as a “third” line.
this ^ breakdown likely best imo and again, no ?, Rempe needed all minutes each game to neutralize Wilson, howev that happens.

Ros/Vesey/Good/Wenn are the 4 who rotate
everyone else stays where they are

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The rope players get from this fan base if they can fight and occasionally hit people is hilarious.

I'd play Rempe over Goodrow but thats it. Goodrow isn't coming out of the lineup.

Removing anyone else for Rempe would be f***ing stupid.

Reactions: tiggles

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The rope players get from this fan base if they can fight and occasionally hit people is hilarious.

I'd play Rempe over Goodrow but thats it. Goodrow isn't coming out of the lineup.

Removing anyone else for Rempe would be f***ing stupid.
Laugh all you want, but it’s not just what Rempe himself does on the ice, it’s how the rest of the team plays when he’s dressed. I honestly believe Rempe has more of a positive impact on the team than Ros. And it’s not really close. But that is me.
Like I said, I’d dress him and sit Ros for game one and see how it goes. If they don’t, I’ll get it too. Obviously Ros has more skill and experience than Rempe. But there’s a reason we got him for a future middle round draft pick: he’s a very low impact player.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Rempe comes out, Chytil centers Cuylle/Kakko, Wennberg centers Goodrow/Vesey.

the thing many here are not appreciating is how much better BG grades out as a wing instead of as a C. his effectiveness once Brodzinski moved down increased immensely. He looked like an asset for once.

If you insist upon Rempe, i take Roslovic out and slot Vesey on Mika's RW, and run Goody Wennberg Rempe 4L.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He’d never have the heart or the balls to do it but Chytil would slide into 3 c and I’d flip the LWs.

I don’t have a ton of confidence in the KZ combo. They’ve been better, but it’s still too much one and done with that line.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
regardless as to what happens this post season... i hope Drury makes a move for Brady Tchachuk this off seasons. He's been vocal about how after, 7yrs in the league, hes done nothing.

Send a nice package of prospects, players and picks... Rangers need an identity. Not sure this team has one right now. Brady brings size, skill, grit and attitude. This really doesn't exist in this current rangers lineup.

Reactions: leetch99

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
regardless as to what happens this post season... i hope Drury makes a move for Brady Tchachuk this off seasons. He's been vocal about how after, 7yrs in the league, hes done nothing.

Send a nice package of prospects, players and picks... Rangers need an identity. Not sure this team has one right now. Brady brings size, skill, grit and attitude. This really doesn't exist in this current rangers lineup.
His brother garnered Jonathan Huberdeau + MacKenzie Weegar + prospect + 1st.

We don’t have the equivalent of Huberdeau to trade, so you’re looking at Kakko, Othmann, Miller or Schneider and a 1st, at minimum

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Jfc
The presidents trophy winning team doesn’t have an identity?
How about a top 9 that can play the game in multiple ways, they can score physical gritty goals, they can smother you defensively, they can cycle, and they can score pretty.
Brady t doesn’t bring anything “new” that we want.
He hasn’t won anything because he costs his team momentum so many times.
He thinks he’s being a leader or a bully but his antics cost his team. He’s basically binnington on forward. Oh and he’s 8.2 in cap that we can’t afford, and the sens would want a package built around Laf, which consider Laf out produced him at even strength and is 6m cheaper next year, I’m laughing.
We have plenty of grit.
People need to stop thinking we’re soft. We’re not.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
He’d never have the heart or the balls to do it but Chytil would slide into 3 c and I’d flip the LWs.

I don’t have a ton of confidence in the KZ combo. They’ve been better, but it’s still too much one and done with that line.
He's gonna roll with the guys who got him there. The same strength of continuity and guys feeling like he's behind them in rough times is the weakness of inertia and not being creative at all.

I think Ros is gonna get scratched a lot for Brodz as time goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad