Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brady Tkachuk would get a lot and I would give up a lot to get him. No way both Miller and Schneider though. Fact is put Miller in the package and we're not adding as many pieces. He's a big deal.....bigger than Schneider and much bigger than Kakko and I like all of them. Othmann should become a good player but he's still got shit to work on. I don't see him as a shoo in to make the team next year or impressing like Cuylle did this year. Cuylle's got his all around game figured out.....Brennan not nearly as much. If I were the GM though all those players could be part of the conversation. Schneider, Kakko, Othmann + could be the basis of something though....at least for me. The Tkachuk's are the real deal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m not trading Miller or Schneider unless another Dman is coming back.

I’m not sure I’d even trade them. Rangers are way too shallow there and have nothing coming internally to replace them. Fox, Miller and Schneider are not the problems

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
my game one, with Fil would be:
Panarin Troch Laf
Kreids Mika Vesey
Cuylle Fil Kakko
Goodrow Wenn Rempe

I have no problem sitting Ros.

Then go from there for subsequent games. I feel it’s smart to set a tone with Rempe in game one. And I believe 50-72-24 would be real depth, a wild card two way line that not many teams can boast having as a “third” line.
This. Roslovic s best quality is speed. Caps aren’t really a fast team.
Does Lavi try a return of Kreider-Zibby-Kakko?

Goodrow and vesey are not coming out. Both are mainstays on the PK….
He won’t sit Cuylle, not in favor of Roslovic anyway……
Goodrow historically, has been better on the wing, and he’s been playing better as of late with brod in the middle. If they substitute him for Wennberg, I see similar results.
Goodrow-Wennberg-vesey won’t bring a lot to the table offensively, but they should be able to forecheck and give up nothing to the other team offensively either.
If chytil plays, Ros sits imo..
I don’t split up Cuylle/kakko. Big bodies and cycling along the boards are crucial in the postseason. Those 2 are probably our 2 best at it. Both being the o same offensive or better then Ros does.

I don’t see Rempe starting unless Wilson is a tremendous pri*k in game 1.
Cuylle/trouba/Goodrow will have to answer the call if that’s the situation

Reactions: Kendo and bhamill

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Rempe comes out, Chytil centers Cuylle/Kakko, Wennberg centers Goodrow/Vesey.

the thing many here are not appreciating is how much better BG grades out as a wing instead of as a C. his effectiveness once Brodzinski moved down increased immensely. He looked like an asset for once.

If you insist upon Rempe, i take Roslovic out and slot Vesey on Mika's RW, and run Goody Wennberg Rempe 4L.
This. I think just cause Goodrow can play C, doesn’t mean he should. Theres a lot of hard ridden miles on those legs.
Let him take faceoffs if need be, but I’d keep him on the wing where historically/and currently he’s been the most effective.
This is the first time in a very long time NYR actually has 4 quality centers on the team. I’d rather keep them all playing center.

Reactions: Daves a mess

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Brady Tkachuk would get a lot and I would give up a lot to get him. No way both Miller and Schneider though. Fact is put Miller in the package and we're not adding as many pieces. He's a big deal.....bigger than Schneider and much bigger than Kakko and I like all of them. Othmann should become a good player but he's still got shit to work on. I don't see him as a shoo in to make the team next year or impressing like Cuylle did this year. Cuylle's got his all around game figured out.....Brennan not nearly as much. If I were the GM though all those players could be part of the conversation. Schneider, Kakko, Othmann + could be the basis of something though....at least for me. The Tkachuk's are the real deal.
Problem is 100% Schneider or miller is going out in a BT deal…
You’re adding 8 mill cap and losing a cost controlled D.
Even for arguments sake say they make the deal and Schneider goes and they sign Roy as a UFA…..
Now you’re adding 13+ mill to the payroll with Laf/kakko/miller due for raises.
It’s creates more problems than it solves imo.
And I would absolutely love to add BT to the rangers. But we don’t have enough cheap Talented D in the system right now to accommodate a deal like that. The team isn’t structured that way currently.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
regardless as to what happens this post season... i hope Drury makes a move for Brady Tchachuk this off seasons. He's been vocal about how after, 7yrs in the league, hes done nothing.

Send a nice package of prospects, players and picks... Rangers need an identity. Not sure this team has one right now. Brady brings size, skill, grit and attitude. This really doesn't exist in this current rangers lineup.
I imagine after winning the cup they'll have an identity

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Id deal Miller over Schneider. Schneider is physical, has size, better defensively and can play in the top 4. Id trade Miller Kakko in a deal with Tkachuk. Schneider would be one of the last dman I would trade. I wonder if Schneider can play LD at all.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
sonny was hot for my deal... and you knew it was the right move to make!

Attachments

• main-qimg-0d05d4213146c406f948eecbdde20a7f-lq.jpeg
    main-qimg-0d05d4213146c406f948eecbdde20a7f-lq.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
regardless as to what happens this post season... i hope Drury makes a move for Brady Tchachuk this off seasons. He's been vocal about how after, 7yrs in the league, hes done nothing.

Send a nice package of prospects, players and picks... Rangers need an identity. Not sure this team has one right now. Brady brings size, skill, grit and attitude. This really doesn't exist in this current rangers lineup.
I appreciate the aggressiveness but we have tons of young wing talent, at center just Chytil.

Get aggressive for a young center.

Reactions: bleedblue94

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I appreciate the aggressiveness but we have tons of young wing talent, at center just Chytil.

What mtl has been doing, grabbing under achieving young 1st rd centers. Dach/Newhook, is a smart move.

I've heard utah might move off hayton, and I'm wondering how he profiles?

Reactions: mas0764

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

I remember you me and 2-3 others wanted to get Eichel and trade Zibby instead of signing him to that massive deal at 29.

I wonder how many would have changed their tune now?
Granted it would have cost us Kakko and we prob would have dealt the 1st that turned into Perrault…….

Granted Zibby would have returned a lot as well at the time. Or Trochek might not be here…

Next season I would personally love to see
Panarin-Trochek-Laf
Cuylle-Zibby-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Berard
Vesey-Edstrom-Rempe/Vet UFA

Lindgren/trade/UFA-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Lindgren/trade/UFA

Shesty
Quick

We likely lose Gus due to $$$
We hopefully move Goodrow for whatever.
Trouba will have a decent return…

Adding 3 rookies/second year guys who have shown they belong in the nhl in limited action in their bottom 6

And 1 ( jones) to the top 6 D.

If Trouba is moved, I’d wager they sign a vet or trade for a 25-26 year old D whose not a 1st year in the league guy

Last edited:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I remember you me and 2-3 others wanted to get Eichel and trade Zibby instead of signing him to that massive deal at 29.

I wonder how many would have changed their tune now?
Granted it would have cost us Kakko and we prob would have dealt the 1st that turned into Perrault…….

Granted Zibby would have returned a lot as well at the time. Or Trochek might not be here…

Next season I would personally love to see
Panarin-Trochek-Laf
Cuylle-Zibby-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Berard
Vesey-Edstrom-Rempe/Vet UFA

Lindgren/trade/UFA-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Lindgren/trade/UFA

Shesty
Quick

We likely lose Gus due to $$$
We hopefully move Goodrow for whatever.
Trouba will have a decent return…

Adding 3 rookies/second year guys who have shown they belong in the nhl in limited action in their bottom 6

And 1 ( jones) to the top 6 D.

If Trouba is moved, I’d wager they sign a vet or trade for a 25-26 year old D whose not a 1st year in the league guy
Did Othmann get moved?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Elliotte Friedman and Kevin Kurz from The Athletic mentioned Joel Farabee could be moved this summer. You could see that one coming from a mile away. Kurz wrote Briere would consider a young player for young player trade.

Kakko will not be happy returning in the 3rd line player role with zero time on special teams. 12-13 minutes per game is not going to cut it. Kakko will be entering his sixth pro season. He wants more time.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Elliotte Friedman and Kevin Kurz from The Athletic mentioned Joel Farabee could be moved this summer. You could see that one coming from a mile away. Kurz wrote Briere would consider a young player for young player trade.

Kakko will not be happy returning in the 3rd line player role with zero time on special teams. 12-13 minutes per game is not going to cut it. Kakko will be entering his sixth pro season. He wants more time.
Farab if cheap enuf we can consider but NOT for KK

Edstrom recalled. About effin time. Should have been here b4 Wenn + Good

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

We F'd hard not making a homerun swing at Matthew when everyone in the league had a chance. I dont quite put Brady in Matthew's tier, but I believe he still has more to grow and show what his best can be. I think he just needs to not have the Captain responsibility for a few more years and just find his game where he is the PITA he can be but doesn't effect his offense or cause lapses in coverage and ill timed penalties.

Im just not sure how it works without players shedding their movement clauses or Krieder or Tkachuk playing RW. Our roster talent and contracts make it almost impossible without going square-peg/round-hole.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Any deal for Tkachuk will start with Lafreniere who will become almost a home grown superstar for Ottawa being from nearby Quebec . After that there will need to be some overall evening up on Cap to make the trade work for both clubs . I always assumed based on what I have read on them that Ottawa was set on young D . We will not be getting Tkachuk without real potential going back in return and that will mean waving good bye to Lafreniere . The attitudes between the two above mentioned guys is night and day during every point of a game......it's no contest IMO.....if you can land BT for Laf....you get it done . He would be something special in NYC .

effen

Feb 3, 2018

Farabee would be a 13th left wing. The idea is right though.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Any deal for Tkachuk will start with Lafreniere who will become almost a home grown superstar for Ottawa being from nearby Quebec . After that there will need to be some overall evening up on Cap to make the trade work for both clubs . I always assumed based on what I have read on them that Ottawa was set on young D . We will not be getting Tkachuk without real potential going back in return and that will mean waving good bye to Lafreniere . The attitudes between the two above mentioned guys is night and day during every point of a game......it's no contest IMO.....if you can land BT for Laf....you get it done . He would be something special in NYC .
Yet another LW. Now your 3rd line LW is making $6.5M (Kreider)? Tkachuk wouldn't crack the 1st PP either.

Even if you could, you can't. You can't have $26M+ tied up in left wings.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Not that I want to make a trade for him or anything, but it gets overlooked to a crazy extent at how good Brady is at 5v5 scoring with most of his scoring being primary points. You’d be bringing him as another long-term piece to build around with Laf, Fox, and co. I think he also has the personality to be a leader in NY. Can’t really blame him for the shitshow that’s been built around him in Ottawa

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Not that I want to make a trade for him or anything, but it gets overlooked to a crazy extent at how good Brady is at 5v5 scoring with most of his scoring being primary points. You’d be bringing him as another long-term piece to build around with Laf, Fox, and co. I think he also has the personality to be a leader in NY. Can’t really blame him for the shitshow that’s been built around him in Ottawa
Considering the amount of talent Ottawa has and he’s the captain, you absolutely can blame him for some level of the shit show it is.
you still haven’t responded to the fact that his actions are more harmful than good, and that the sens would want Laf, who out produced him at ES.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes