Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VIII: Dilly Dilly - Lets Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That would Skjei-Smith.

Notice that Skjei is left-handed.

Lol, did I ask you, professor? Most local residents wouldn’t need to think to know the answer either.

But if just to be sure, the other two pairs for the Rangers in their last postseason were McD - Girardi and Staal - Holden (that should’ve been lost instead).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol I guess his play and his conditioning had nothing to do with it. I know it’s been a long offseason, but you’ve got a bad memory.

His play and conditioning are poor, so let's move him out of position.

Yeah, that was some solid AV logic.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol, did I ask you, professor? Most local residents wouldn’t need to think to know the answer either.

But if just to be sure, the other two pairs for the Rangers in their last postseason were McD - Girardi and Staal - Holden (that should’ve been lost instead).

Just felt the need to chime in since we're still on the "Brendan Smith is a LD" conspiracy theory.

Even if we just say he plays both, which I think is fair, there's almost no question he would move, not Hajek.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
NHL RD - ADA, Shattenkirk, Pionk, Smith

NHL LD - Skjei, Staal's corpse

Not sure where the idea that this team needs help at RD (as opposed to LD) comes from.

No one cares about this year. It’s about the system depth imo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just felt the need to chime in since we're still on the "Brendan Smith is a LD" conspiracy theory.

Even if we just say he plays both, which I think is fair, there's almost no question he would move, not Hajek.

I actually was showing you that it was time to stop wasting your energy.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No one cares about this year. It’s about the system depth imo

If we're talking about Hajek vs Brendan Smith, then it's about this year. Of course, they don't really play the same position and therefore aren't competing for a spot, but after four years of AV, I understand why bizarre experimentation is expected.
If it was AV, how did he pass through waivers?

AV decided he was a LD.

What does that have to do with waivers?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If we're talking about Hajek vs Brendan Smith, then it's about this year. Of course, they don't really play the same position and therefore aren't competing for a spot, but after four years of AV, I understand why bizarre experimentation is expected.

AV decided he was a LD.

What does that have to do with waivers?
I believe the system depth question was posed prior to my comment about Hajek playing out of position.

If Smith only struggled because “AV decided Smith was a LD”, then there should have been 30 GMs lining up to put him back on RD and dominate. Instead they all passed.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So you would say then that Smith struggled independently of where AV played him?

Sure, why not?

My argument has nothing to do with the quality of the player. My argument is that Smith is a RD. Nothing more.

You could say he plays both, but there's no way a sane coach (assuming Quinn will be) would move a natural lefty to the right to play Smith on the left. That's some Looney Tunes shit.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
NHL RD - ADA, Shattenkirk, Pionk, Smith

NHL LD - Skjei, Staal's corpse

Not sure where the idea that this team needs help at RD (as opposed to LD) comes from.

Well, I would characterize this (very movably) as

NHL RD - Shattenkirk, Smith
NHL LD - Skjei, Staal, Claesson

Clearly DeAngelo and Pionk are right there. Hajek maybe too, though we shouldn’t be taking too much from TCT. Let’s see how he does in camp.

But it’s not about today. There are a ton of left-handed D prospects in the org right now. If they can convert one of them to play effectively on the right side, they should.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The fact that JG hasn't done a single thing to address the RD while expecting rookies to just claim shots is a joke yet he still gets no heat for this.

Here's what's going on in JG's little pea brain right now.

Skjei - Shattenkirk
Smith - Shattenkirk
Staal- Shattenkirk

A drunken monkey could've come up with a better plan than this.
Smh

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The fact that JG hasn't done a single thing to address the RD while expecting rookies to just claim shots is a joke yet he still gets no heat for this.

Here's what's going on in JG's little pea brain right now.

Skjei - Shattenkirk
Smith - Shattenkirk
Staal- Shattenkirk

A drunken monkey could've come up with a better plan than this.
Smh

the right side is shattenkirk, pionk and ada we don't need a RD just for the sake of adding one

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Quietly waiting to see how much veteran paid dues union dues Staal gets from Quinn once camp starts.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
the right side is shattenkirk, pionk and ada we don't need a RD just for the sake of adding one

They should've acquired at least one RD.
Instead he's been loading up on an insane amount of LD and have not addressed any of the major needs needs of this team.

It's completely dyslexic much like Irishguy42..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I think Pionk has made it. Whether he’s second or third pair is up to him. ADA might have something to say about it too.

Yeah, maybe but what if they can't pull their weight?

Edit: Wait..I think I know the answer.

Kampfner

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Quietly waiting to see how much veteran paid dues union dues Staal gets from Quinn once camp starts.
I think at the beginning of the season, we'll see Quinn rely on veterans more as he gets comfortable with the personnel, but then will make changes as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad