Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Based on the success of podcasts like Spittin Chiclets and stand alone streaming service of NHL.tv I would love to see the NHL have a "PPV" version of feeds.

Uncensored, on-ice microphones, ability to mute commentary plus more behind the scenes stuff a la the Winter Classsic stuff we've seen in the past that got great moments like Jagr in Phily and the humongous big exchanges. Maybe even make a deal with HBO Max?

Streaming services are the way forward as more and more people cut tv packages. NHL needs to find a path that is ground breaking and make revenue before the other leagues figure it out.

We are realistically a month away from training camp and I cant wait.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Based on the success of podcasts like Spittin Chiclets and stand alone streaming service of NHL.tv I would love to see the NHL have a "PPV" version of feeds.

Uncensored, on-ice microphones, ability to mute commentary plus more behind the scenes stuff a la the Winter Classsic stuff we've seen in the past that got great moments like Jagr in Phily and the humongous big exchanges. Maybe even make a deal with HBO Max?
That sounds fun in theory until you realize hockey players say abhorrent shit on the ice and that being broadcasted to the world would cause all sorts of issues

Players would never agree to it in any sport. It would be an unmitigated disaster

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
wa9IadR.jpg

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If we'd kept all our picks in the 2015 draft, we'd have Beauvillier, Nattinen, Saarela, and Gaudette. Instead, we got Etem, Gropp, Raph Diaz, two runs with MSL and one run with Staal.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
If we'd kept all our picks in the 2015 draft, we'd have Beauvillier, Nattinen, Saarela, and Gaudette. Instead, we got Etem, Gropp, Raph Diaz, two runs with MSL and one run with Staal.

Other than Saarela who already has the reputation for being a headcase (four orgs in four years) there is no guarantee the Rangers pick any of those guys.

The run with MSL fell a little short but they were two excellent years. I know no one here is big on banners but it's nice when you go to an arena and see some Division and Eastern Conference Banners to add to the history. The Rangers did a nice job adding four last decade.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Other than Saarela who already has the reputation for being a headcase (four orgs in four years) there is no guarantee the Rangers pick any of those guys.

The run with MSL fell a little short but they were two excellent years. I know no one here is big on banners but it's nice when you go to an arena and see some Division and Eastern Conference Banners to add to the history. The Rangers did a nice job adding four last decade.

Going for it and giving up those 1st round picks was the right call. Look, some fans will always find fault in what the Rangers do in trades. If we didn't acquire Nash, Yandle and St Louis, we'd have people complain how we wasted Lundqvist's career. Now we actually did, and some complain we gave up the specific player picked with our selection by another team.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I probably paid more for that pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie Deli stand than Dolan paid in taxes. on MSG.

This extra meat for $1 pastrami corned beef sandwich is a tradition when my son and I are at the Garden. French dressing, no pickles.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

Is there some evidence other than being traded for labeling Saarela a head case? I haven't read anything like that.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Going for it and giving up those 1st round picks was the right call. Look, some fans will always find fault in what the Rangers do in trades. If we didn't acquire Nash, Yandle and St Louis, we'd have people complain how we wasted Lundqvist's career. Now we actually did, and some complain we gave up the specific player picked with our selection by another team.

I agree kind sir. At some point you have to go for it.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

This entire fanbase has major subconscious PTSD because for seven years no one played young guys, and because of trades three GMs made 40 + (Ferguson Jr)/ 33+ (Esposito)/and 25+ (post-94 Neil Smith) years ago.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Is there some evidence other than being traded for labeling Saarela a head case? I haven't read anything like that.

Blackhawks acquire Ian McCoshen from Panthers for Aleksi Saarela

In August, he criticized Carolina during an interview with a Finnish newspaper for not calling him up to the NHL. He then didn’t make the Blackhawks’ opening-day roster and was assigned to Rockford prior to the team’s trip to Europe for the NHL Global Series. He had one assist and was seeing limited time on the IceHogs’ second power-play unit in five games.

Hawks also moved on from him after only four months. Soooooo...

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Blackhawks acquire Ian McCoshen from Panthers for Aleksi Saarela

In August, he criticized Carolina during an interview with a Finnish newspaper for not calling him up to the NHL. He then didn’t make the Blackhawks’ opening-day roster and was assigned to Rockford prior to the team’s trip to Europe for the NHL Global Series. He had one assist and was seeing limited time on the IceHogs’ second power-play unit in five games.

Hawks also moved on from him after only four months. Soooooo...
Who doesnt want to get called up?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I dont think a kid saying "I should get called up" makes them a head case.
When a prospect publicly criticizes his team for not calling him up, it’s a bad look. It’s even worse look when he requests a trade from the next team he plays for.

He might not necessarily be a headcase, but I can tell you his two former teams wanted nothing to do with him. That should tell you something.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
When a prospect publicly criticizes his team for not calling him up, it’s a bad look. It’s even worse look when he requests a trade from the next team he plays for.

He might not necessarily be a headcase, but I can tell you his two former teams wanted nothing to do with him. That should tell you something.

Yeah, this isn't "A player wants a call up". It's about him openly criticizing his organization for not doing what he wants. 4th NHL franchise in 4 years for a player who only has a handful of games? That's a red flag

Reactions: Barnaby

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Duclair is in the top tier of remaining FAs. How many teams has he been on? 23 G last season. Another headcase, likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad