Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Pronman put out his rankings of the top U23 players leaguewide. Our guys are at the following:

4. Lafreniere
9. Kakko
28. Fox
44. Chytil
77. Lundkvist
90. Kravtsov
93. Howden (still don't get what Pronman sees here)
106. Gauthier
138. Schneider
Argue with the ordering however you want, but fast forward a few years, if the Rangers are icing 4-5 top 50 players in the league, they should be in great shape. A lot of folks here probably think Lundkvist should be higher as well, hopefully they are right.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
this is not the first person I've seen call Auston Matthews generational/on the border and I just really, really want an explanation as to why.

You'll see this season if he can stay fully healthy and scores 60 goals in an 82 game season while dominating puck possession and averaging 3.5 shots per game (which is going to rise even more now that he doesnt have the Babcock shackles on him). Oh and being in an offense that has to support a 2nd PPG center as well. He hasnt come close to hitting his ceiling.

He is the 3rd best player in the league behind McDavid and MacKinnon. I think the generational term is thrown around too much but he is the next best thing.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
....Laf is way too high, Kakko is laughably too high, Jack Hughes being that high makes me not take this list seriously and that it was made by a Rangers fan that pumped him up just to not seem biased.
Hughes and Kakko would both be in that top 15 atleast

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even for as far as we've come, this is still a very young team that is going to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.
This board will loose its collective mind when the team is a bubble team and not some sort of unstoppable force.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Pronman put out his rankings of the top U23 players leaguewide. Our guys are at the following:

4. Lafreniere
9. Kakko
28. Fox
44. Chytil
77. Lundkvist
90. Kravtsov
93. Howden (still don't get what Pronman sees here)
106. Gauthier
138. Schneider

2 in the top 10.
3 in the top 31 (teams should have 1 on avg).
4 in the top 62 (teams should have 2 on avg).
7 in the top 93 (teams should have 3 on avg).

What a time to be an NYR fan. Miller, Shesty not even on the list.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Why the heck is Laf too high?

I still take a number of guys like Q. Hughes, Makar, Heiskanen, McAvoy, PLD, Svechnikov, both Tkachuks ahead of him RIGHT NOW.

If these are just his projections then it's practically a useless list. And even then based on that he still easily falls out of the top 5.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I still take a number of guys like Q. Hughes, Makar, Heiskanen, McAvoy, PLD, Svechnikov, both Tkachuks ahead of him RIGHT NOW.

If these are just his projections then it's practically a useless list. And even then based on that he still easily falls out of the top 5.
They are projections. If you're talking young players and prospects then projections are the only thing relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad