Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And maybe the Rangers weren’t an option because they did not make an effort to even offer a contract to even consider.

Which would also be frustrating...

Not end of the world stuff, but somewhat disturbing given our needs

I would guess they probably didn't based on how they view their roster. With a tighter budget, I'll venture a guess they didn't necessarily see him being a significant enough improvement over what they had/wanted to take a look at with their forwards.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I know this might be stupid thinking I would have thought some of the free agents would have came here to have the chance to play with the 1st overall pick.

Reactions: jfc64

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Looks like AP to Vegas is done. Maybe we'll see some other stuff happen now.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would guess they probably didn't based on how they view their roster. With a tighter budget, I'll venture a guess they didn't necessarily see him being a significant enough improvement over what they had/wanted to take a look at with their forwards.
I don’t know how they are viewing their roster then.. because who is the 24 year old center that can PK and is over 50% on the dot in their career?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I know this might be stupid thinking I would have thought some of the free agents would have came here to have the chance to play with the 1st overall pick.

They need a place to play, and unless we’re talking C or LHD, they likely can get better minutes elsewhere.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

If they think they'd get that opportunity, it would be something to consider. If they felt that'd be battling younger talent for a spot in the bottom six, maybe not as much.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I forgot the part where Chicago is a much more viable place for the circumstances at hand...

It's about connections to the org, taxes ,etc. So many factors.

Illinois is getting hit harder.

I think for the younger posters here, this is the first time in their lives NY isn't considered the most desirable destination.

Believe it or not, not everyone wants to come here.

That will change when the new core matures.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don’t know how they are viewing their roster then.. because who is the 24 year old center that can PK and is over 50% on the dot in their career?

It's probably more a factor of knowing they already have Zibanejad, Strome, Chytil and Howden at center, with Barron and even Khodorenko also getting a look.

Maybe not an issue if there's several million sitting around. But under the current circumstances? Might not have been their preference.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Exactly, how many times have we projected lineups for this season where it looks like this:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-2C (Strome)-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Kravtsov/Gauthier
Lemiuex-Howden-Gauthier/Kravtsov

Add in Barron. Potentially someone like Gettinger as well. On top of that, they gluttony of UDFA college players signed. Now add in the AAAA players they added. This is not a destination for guys looking to crack a roster. They know immediately if one of these kids is on par with them, the kid will play. The AAAA guys are just looking for a deal in North America with all the European leagues underway.

Fast knows he might not have a spot on the roster in one year and went somewhere he could win before potentially being taken by Seattle.

I don't think we're going to be making another forward signing. It's either a trade to address the center position or nothing. Maybe a LD trade, but we've got a ton of kids for that too.

Amazing how much talent is in that top 9. I know it may sound corny but I would like at least one "vet" per line. I know the KZB line has chemistry and many may not wanna start Lafreniere on the first line but if Lafreniere has a strong camp I would do...

Lafreniere-Zibby-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Gauthier (Leave Kravtsov in KHL)
Lemieux-Howden-Barron/Whoever looks best in camp to win that spot.
I just hope that second line gels especially for Kakko's sake.

Reactions: Cag29

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
wow 7 years for a 29 year old. Hope Vegas has the ability to go deep in the next 2-3 years. They will have some aging players on that team quickly.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That's a lot of term and money for a soon to be 31 year old. I wonder if he has full NMC

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
That's a hefty price for AP.
Vegas continues to go all in, which is entertaining if nothing else.
They have to shed some salary now, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad