Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I'll go on record that I think there is zero chance they could get Glass/Krebs + someone like Tuch out of Vegas for Tony

They would need to clear salary so it would be more like Glass/Krebs + McNabb

But Tuch makes more than McNabb. If anything I think it would be both Tuch and McNabb along with Krebs (think hes more likely than Glass) for ADA and something else on our side.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hard to envision adding Tuch without shipping out Buchnevich.

We're not quite at the point in the rebuild where we should be trying to field 3 scoring lines. That's for the real contending years.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
They would be a pot sweetener to take a bad contract. Something like ADA for Glass and Fleury with some retention.

Fleury at 50% clears 3.5M

If they traded for ADA assuming he ends up with at least 5M they added to their cap.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Fleury at 50% clears 3.5M

If they traded for ADA assuming he ends up with at least 5M they added to their cap.

I dont think it would be 50%, would be less. Also it redistribute the cap from a position where they had 7.5MM tied up in a backup role to a top 4 defender.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think management likes Brett Howden ALOT more than fans do. They see a lot of what you’re saying here. Won’t be surprised to see him as a 3C here long term.

I’ll add (and not in relation to the quote above) but for people clinging to Buchnevich he will not be here next year. He’s got one year left tops. The rangers are not going to invest 5 plus mil in him on the wing with the kids they’ve drafted. It’s not going to happen forget it.
I think your right on. Buch”s days here are numbered. Not because he’s a bad player. It’s just math. NYR wants to get harder to play against I have been clamoring for years for them to get Zemgus Girgensons. He will come pretty cheap and he’s the ideal player in need for a change of scenery. He’s very good on the PK and relentless on the forecheck. I also think he’s has pretty good untapped offense. Would love for NYR to sign him for 3rd/4th C. He’s pretty good on face offs as well. A few years ago buffalo was clamoring that he’d be their future captain a ROR clone. His offense never developed that Way but he’s a damn good bottom sixer capable of 15-18 goals and great D. You could just tell the last 2 years the losing in buffalo has just worn him down like many others. He’s still pretty young, tough, and a fantastic buy low candidate. Guys like him Fast etc are guys you need in your bottom 6. They are capable of moving up and down the line up for a few games to cover an injury and they just play their roles really well. I think rangers have a 3 x 3 or 3.2 x 3 deal on the table with fast right now. He really does not want to leave NY but someone may really overpay for his services. I’d love to see both with the rangers though

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I dont think it would be 50%, would be less. Also it redistribute the cap from a position where they had 7.5MM tied up in a backup role to a top 4 defender.

Right, yet they are currently about 2.8M over the cap with a 20 man roster.

Even if they find a way to clear 2.8M, not easy considering any outgoing would need to be replaced with a roster players cap hit, they would still be at the ceiling.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
At first I thought you meant Tanner Glass — in which case no way in hell. The deal is otherwise intriguing. At this point Hajek seems like a bust. Doubt ADA will be here much longer. But I do feel we are downgrading in net and praying for that first to pan out. Not too keen on the deal, but it does have some merit.

It's worth it to land both top 6 center prospects in Glass and Krebs.

Reactions: CasusBelli

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I understand Chytil has potential. To think he will reach that potential next season is faulty IMO. If he had a play-in like Kakko, where you saw MAJOR growth/improvement, I'd be understanding. It doesn't mean he cant grow or improve to that extent, it is just unlikely.

MAJOR? Like 0 points?

Wish I saw what folks saw in Kakko in that play-in; was just more of the same lacklust play we saw the whole season--and would not lose a wink of sleep if he was centerpiece in an Eichel deal...

Reactions: Irina

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
With what is likely to be a very congested schedule next year, NYR will probably be grateful that they held onto Georgiev for another year, because whoever the backup is will possibly have to play 30+ games.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
MAJOR? Like 0 points?

Wish I saw what folks saw in Kakko in that play-in; was just more of the same lacklust play we saw the whole season--and would not lose a wink of sleep if he was centerpiece in an Eichel deal...

That's because you have no clue what you are watching in a game or with a player. Kakko the last 15 games was no longer getting pushed off the puck. That's just in a little time with a real weight program. So glad we have clowns in our fan base that write off 18 year old kids.

Reactions: Kravtsov420

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
But Tuch makes more than McNabb. If anything I think it would be both Tuch and McNabb along with Krebs (think hes more likely than Glass) for ADA and something else on our side.
McNabb is almost a pure salary throw in this deal. The fact that he plays LD and isn’t terrible benefits Vegas because the Rangers obviously need help there

Tuch is a significantly better player than McNabb and will not/should not be considered a salary throw in by Vegas

They’re not getting a blue chip prospect + a top 6 forward in his prime for Tony. I know people don’t want to hear but that’s just not happening

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
MAJOR? Like 0 points?

Not sure what you were watching, but Kakko was probably our best forward during the play-ins despite his point total.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I dont care how much they value Theodore. For ADA, he needs to be in the conversation, even if we have to add to get both Theodore and a Glass/Krebs.

As much as I would love to see him on Broadway, you're dreaming. Vegas isn't moving Theodore. He's the one guy on that team that is irreplaceable. ADA's value is not equal to Theodore & Vegas is certainly not adding Glass or Krebs in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad