Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I wonder if Florida entertains trading Barkov. Only two years left on his deal and with Florida in disarray he might look to move. If so, better to trade him sooner than later when he’s a pure rental.

Pure speculation, just trying to think of outside the box LD’s and C’s.
Lol, we dissected the Barkov phenomenon like, 2 weeks ago. And 3. Possibly 4.

Reactions: Barnaby

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
They’re a good looking couple though..

Ahhhh to be young, rich, and have a full set of hair. Must be nice.

Excuse me while I go kill myself.
r589834_1296x729_16-9.jpg
That dog is cute as hell.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Kind of a bargain bin, off the wall suggestion: What does anyone think about the idea of bringing in Zemgus Girgensons for the 4th line? He's still on the young side, probably wouldn't cost that much, and could be a really useful player on the penalty kill. I think a 4th line of Lemieux- Girgensons- Fast would be quite solid for the price. He'd be about the same age Blair Betts was when he came to MSG, but with a bit more track record on his resume.

It'd give us something like:

Laf--Ziba--Kakko
Panarin--Chytil--Buchnevich/Kravtsov
Kreider--Howden/Barron--Gauthier
Lemieux--Girgensons--Fast

I like the balance there, and we could use another defense first guy in that bottom 6.

Reactions: egelband and Ola

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kind of a bargain bin, off the wall suggestion: What does anyone think about the idea of bringing in Zemgus Girgensons for the 4th line? He's still on the young side, probably wouldn't cost that much, and could be a really useful player on the penalty kill. I think a 4th line of Lemieux- Girgensons- Fast would be quite solid for the price. He'd be about the same age Blair Betts was when he came to MSG, but with a bit more track record on his resume.

It'd give us something like:

Laf--Ziba--Kakko
Panarin--Chytil--Buchnevich/Kravtsov
Kreider--Howden/Barron--Gauthier
Lemieux--Girgensons--Fast

I like the balance there, and we could use another defense first guy in that bottom 6.

I'm kind of wondering about Barron, Richards or Khodorenko. Whether the AHL will even play might factor into things too.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I think as Ranger fans we're all super spoiled because this team throughout recent history has made some massive moves and had some massive luck. That being said, I am sure JG is out there talking to teams and trying to make a splash. I just hope it's one that really adds value longterm while not totally drying up our prospect pool or damaging team chemistry.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
If we trade Tony what about trying to sign Shattenkirk on the cheap? He’d immeidately he able to replace him as the 3RD PP1 player and we’ve already seen him take a discount to play here before.

I'm sure Shattenkirk despises the Rangers for buying him out. He'd probably never say it directly but you can tell he would never come back here again. He took a discount to be a Ranger and the team gave up on him after just 2 seasons.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
At this point there’s very little that can happen that I’d be upset about. The team has just been on such a hot spell in terms of luck that I’m just going to roll with whatever changes enviably happen and enjoy the hell out of it all -Starting with (most likely) drafting first overall. :popcorn:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I dont think either are enough to get you Greenway. But that could be my low perception of Howden and thinking Greenway has more upside than Lemmy

Minnesota isn't happy with how disengaged Greenway looks at times. He doesn't use his physicality. Lemmie on the other side of things is a much more engaged and physical player. Actually too much at times, so it's a case of one guy that you have to reel back versus one you push forward.

Howden played very well in the playoffs, had a coming out party with how physical he played and finally embracing that checking role. The values may be a lot closer in perception than what this board thinks. Howden is a whipping boy here after all.

Reactions: eco's bones

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I do doubt that the Rangers have a serious play to make for Eichel this very second. I don't think Buffalo is at a point where they feel they need to trade him -- yet. But I think the seeds are being planted.

On the flip side, I bet the Rangers could probably take advantage, in some way, of Buffalo's growing desperation to put a team around him that can make noise, and I have to wonder if we could pry the 8th pick, or more, out of them for a player who is ultimately redundant or unnecessary to us. That list as many have speculated would include, as far as I'm concerned, Strome, Buchnevich, Andersson, and/or DeAngelo (if the price was high enough).

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Minnesota isn't happy with how disengaged Greenway looks at times. He doesn't use his physicality. Lemmie on the other side of things is a much more engaged and physical player. Actually too much at times, so it's a case of one guy that you have to reel back versus one you push forward.

Howden played very well in the playoffs, had a coming out party with how physical he played and finally embracing that checking role. The values may be a lot closer in perception than what this board thinks. Howden is a whipping boy here after all.

What role would Greenway fill on the Rangers that Howden or Lemieux don't?

Reactions: pld459666

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I do doubt that the Rangers have a serious play to make for Eichel this very second. I don't think Buffalo is at a point where they feel they need to trade him -- yet. But I think the seeds are being planted.

On the flip side, I bet the Rangers could probably take advantage, in some way, of Buffalo's growing desperation to put a team around him that can make noise, and I have to wonder if we could pry the 8th pick, or more, out of them for a player who is ultimately redundant or unnecessary to us. That list as many have speculated would include, as far as I'm concerned, Strome, Buchnevich, Andersson, and/or DeAngelo (if the price was high enough).

I’m sure their finances are a wreck due to Covid yet i agree. They need players now.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
At this point there’s very little that can happen that I’d be upset about. The team has just been on such a hot spell in terms of luck that I’m just going to roll with whatever changes enviably happen and enjoy the hell out of it all -Starting with (most likely) drafting first overall. :popcorn:

strange/exciting times indeed. One pick off from back to back lottery wins for #1 overall is off the charts. Figured the lottery would be like the Crosby draft or the luck of the Knicks. Amazing

Reactions: eco's bones

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm sure Shattenkirk despises the Rangers for buying him out. He'd probably never say it directly but you can tell he would never come back here again. He took a discount to be a Ranger and the team gave up on him after just 2 seasons.

boo hoo to Kevin. Cry me a river. Here we have Panarin (and so many like him) who couldn’t even afford skates. Jagr would do squats with Cinder blocks b/c he was broke. Poor Kevin, who attended the approx $50,000 a year Bruswick school, saw his play deteriorate in St Louis, was non-existent in Washington and had his $26 million dollar contract bought out b/c he was injured in Ny.

Newsflash Kevin, the Lightning got you at a discount and the surrounding talent won you a Cup b/c the Rangers bought you out. Need a hug Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad