Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Forgive my ask but wouldn’t one of those ELCs be going along with ADA?
I can’t imagine Buffalo taking ADA and a 21 1st rounder giving us the goods to be damn good next yr (even with our LD issue that isn’t resolved)

Fair question and it depends on what a package looks like.

My gut tells me they don't move Kakko or Lafreniere.

But you could have ADA, along with some combination of Chytil, Kravtsov, prospects and picks on the table.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but who's to say that the Leafs model isn't going to be successful? The team is still really young. What if the leafs sign Pietrangelo and go on to win 2 cups in the next 3 or 4 four years with a bunch of young guys on ELCs and 1 year veteran signings?
That’s a good point, and I do feel success could be in their future. They’re just going have to wait some years.

But still. It’s a lot of drama. Things are going exceedingly well for our rebuild. I kind of want to just ride it out other than a couple pretty big deals like DeAngelo for Lindholm or whatever.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Name them and how.

Not trying to be a smartass but I bet I can put together better packages.
Suzuki or Kotkaniemi, Caufield, 2020 first (16th overall), Norlinder. and maybe throw in a Tatar for the fact Buffalo has barely enough forwards to fill out 4 lines.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If we lose Tony from the back end we sure as heck better hope that Shesty is the 2nd coming of Brodeur with the puck because somebody will be needed to blast crisp passes out of the zone because Fox cannot play 50 minutes a night . PLEASE...no franchise altering trades for at least the first of the season until we see how much our lids have evolved this Summer plus the addition of Laf to the forward ranks . Remember we also had no Mika for 15 games last year...add on a few more points for that...we are right there as a playoff club as presently constructed and maybe more with a few plugs here and there while our seeds are growing . It's a fun time...sit down and relax and embrace things . Besides Eichel....other deals will be available that might provide what we need at maybe half the cost over the course of a season or off season instead of an investment in Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad