Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I think it's a fair point that ADA brings a dynamic to the PP that Fox is not capable of replicating but it's really the least of my concerns. There's so much talent on the powerplay that if we're not a top-10 team in that regard then there's a problem with strategy and not personnel.

Yup, I mostly agree with this point. The only caveat I have is this. As someone whose played forward and D. I can tell you that the D at the top of the Umbrella is the General. It's the best vantage point to see what's happening. And having someone who can both shoot with velocity and has great vision from that spot has a major impact on the effectiveness of the whole PP. If the guy in that spot has the ability to get their shot through with speed but also set up Panarin, Zibby, etc for a one timer, it's lethal. And I don't get the sense that Quinn wants to put a forward at the top of the umbrella. So, it will be essential that we have someone dynamic in that position. Fox gives you the vision, the lateral movement, but not nec the shot nor the the skating explosiveness. Trouba gives you a bomb and fine, but not elite, vision. Lundkvist, Miller or Jones or say, Dunn, might also do well. But that spot is crucial for the PP. Even if every other spot has elite players, that position on the ice on the PP is critical to effectivness.

I'm not nec advocating for ADA to stay or go. I think I still lean to move him if it means shoring up LD or C and opens a spot for NL in a year. But I'm also under no illusions that his removal won't hurt the PP - at least in the immediate future.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
For a deal with Calgary you’re probably looking at either:

Buch + for Lindholm

Or

ADA for Lindholm +

I’d be good with either as the basis for a deal. Maybe something like:

Buch + Georgiev for Lindholm

or

ADA for Lindholm + Bennett

the guy I am most curious about is Strome. What type of value does he have around the league. He showed this year he can play a top-6 center role this year and he can raise his level to compliment an elite player. Teams that have issues attracting UFA’s may be of interest. Say, Montreal, Buffalo, Dallas. I’d be inclined to look at picks and maybe a nice depth forward. @Edge had Strome as the most likely to be moved.

I think we're adding to ADA if Lindholm is coming the other way.

Lindholm's contract is excellent.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Buch + 3rd round pick for Lindholm ? Is that enough? Their offensive outputs might be similar for next season. But Lindholm can play center.

What will it take to come away with Dunn.

Lafreniere-Zib-Kreider
Panarin-Lindholm-Strome

Dunn-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Reunanen-DeAngelo
Staal

Bottom 6 still TBD. Really want to see them add a vet center. And really want them to look at Josh Anderson as well.

Id probably look more at Virtanen at that point and I think if Lindholm comes in, Strome goes

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Does reading these proposals make anyone more anxious? When I start seeing stuff like 1OA+ Buch + Georgiev + Kaako + K. Miller + unlimited Metro fair for Eichel and unlimited Duff's wings and then someone always says my "favorite" thing on HF the "You have to give to get"......I have to take a deep breath and go "It's been 31 years since Esposito was GM here everything will be ok"

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The “+” to Buch to get Lindholm would be quite large.
If I'm Calgary I wouldn't move Lindholm for Buch. Makes no sense to me. But maybe if they feel like they need an upgrade at RD then ADA makes some sense. Maybe.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think we're adding to ADA if Lindholm is coming the other way.

Lindholm's contract is excellent.

Maybe, but Lindholm is a wing and ADA is a RD. Offensive outputs were close to identical and ADA is a defenseman. And the acquiring team conceivably could sign ADA long term, longer than Lindholm has left. I’d be surprised if the Rangers added but maybe.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
For a deal with Calgary you’re probably looking at either:

Buch + for Lindholm

Or

ADA for Lindholm +

I’d be good with either as the basis for a deal. Maybe something like:

Buch + Georgiev for Lindholm

or

ADA for Lindholm + Bennett

the guy I am most curious about is Strome. What type of value does he have around the league. He showed this year he can play a top-6 center role this year and he can raise his level to compliment an elite player. Teams that have issues attracting UFA’s may be of interest. Say, Montreal, Buffalo, Dallas. I’d be inclined to look at picks and maybe a nice depth forward. @Edge had Strome as the most likely to be moved.
I would like to keep Buch for now to be honest. Just because of how our right side looks.

I can get behind DeAngelo + for Lindholm + Bennett. I dont know what the + would be from our side.

Strome shipped out for a late 1st or 2nd + bottom 6 player

Georgiev for a bottom 6 piece or 2nd round pick.

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Panarin-Lindholm-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemmy-Bennett-Howden/Barron

Maybe Howden goes with DeAngelo to CGY. And I still want to see if we can add Anderson to deploy more size and physicality. That would bump Gauthier back down. I dont want to rush Barron anyway, but Gauthier on the 4th line doesnt bode well for his development.

Edit: just saw your reply about Virtanen instead of Anderson. I am fine with either. Virtanen has more upside right now with Anderson being the more physical player but there is the shoulder concerns @NYR Viper

Reactions: NYR Viper

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Maybe, but Lindholm is a wing and ADA is a RD. Offensive outputs were close to identical and ADA is a defenseman. And the acquiring team conceivably could sign ADA long term, longer than Lindholm has left. I’d be surprised if the Rangers added but maybe.
Not sure if we would need to add, and if so how much, but Edge confirmed that the Rangers view him as a center and he has played there with regularity. Great two way game and pretty effective at the dot too.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I would like to keep Buch for now to be honest. Just because of how our right side looks.

I can get behind DeAngelo + for Lindholm + Bennett. I dont know what the + would be from our side.

Strome shipped out for a late 1st or 2nd + bottom 6 player

Georgiev for a bottom 6 piece or 2nd round pick.

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Panarin-Lindholm-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemmy-Bennett-Howden/Barron

Maybe Howden goes with DeAngelo to CGY. And I still want to see if we can add Anderson to deploy more size and physicality. That would bump Gauthier back down. I dont want to rush Barron anyway, but Gauthier on the 4th line doesnt bode well for his development.

Won't make sense to get Lindholm and Bennett in the same trade. Really opens up a big gaping hole on Calgary to lose a center plus another guy who can play center. And two cheaper options at that. If you can pry lindholm away, focus on that.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Nope, didn't say it would suck. And if you read my post from earlier, i've already made your point. Acknowledging the combo of skills/talent TDA brings is in some ways more dangerous than Fox at the moment. He has the shot, vision and skating that makes him more dynamic on the PP than any other D we have. And it's Lundkvist.

Spell check does that to me, gets me with Laf too. The powerplay will be fine, it will look different but it will still be really good.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think that is more than enough for someone who is viewed as a 4-6 Dman on their depth chart by their fan base.

Hajek + 3rd round pick would be my starting point.

If that’s the price he should be a Ranger today. To me Hajek has been passed on the depth chart by Reunanen and soon Miller/Robertson

Reactions: RGY and McSauer

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He could, but it would also be significantly more expensive on the cap than Lindholm's current deal. 4 years is great term wise and 4.85 AAV is excellent for what he brings to the table. He has one of the best contracts in the league and theres a ton of value there.

I don't think the Rangers add would be substantial, but I do think that there would need to be one.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I like the idea of CAR 1st + Hajek for Dunn. Not sure it’s enough

Unless another team is absolutely in love with him and is willing to go overboard, that should be a solid offer. Dunn has a great skill set and really fantastic underlying numbers but he's not at all proven in a role beyond a 3rd pairing guy who gets PP minutes. You're just betting on the rates holding steady as he gets more ice time and him winding up as a partner for Trouba.

Plus he's going to need a new contract so that impacts his value as well. Especially with the flat cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad