Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Can't take Staal away from AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Preferred lines by playoffs (if everyone plays average/well)

Kreider Zib Buch
Miller Chytil Zucc
Vesey Hayes Nash
Grabner DD Fast

McDonagh Shattenkirk
Skjei DeAngelo
Smith Pionk

Mine would be this (assuming Chytil goes back after 9):

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Miller-Rental C-Zuccarello
Nash-Hayes-Fast
Vesey-Desharnais-Grabner

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Pionk
Smith-DeAngelo

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Who is on waivers now any have an updated list in NHL?

Reactions: Ail

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Good for Tanner. He’s a standup player. He has a limited skill set but doesn’t go for cheap shots like many other less-skilled players do. I was happy with him as the 13th fwd. he has value.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would anyone want Jagr? He's not a big point producer anymore, one of the worst skaters in the NHL, no defense, would further take time away from young players.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Why would anyone want Jagr? He's not a big point producer anymore, one of the worst skaters in the NHL, no defense, would further take time away from young players.

With the way they are calling penalties Jagr will draw a ton... his board word, puck protection is still outstanding

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Because he IS a big point producer at even strength and still one of the best players in the league along the boards.

He was Florida's best all around forward last year.

I don't necessarily see him taking time away from young players on the Flames. I see him taking time away from smouldering trash like Brouwer and Glass.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

He may not be putting up 80 point seasons but he would have been 6th in points on our team last season. 46 points is a very solid number. He can still play. Plus like @Sens said, he is penalty drawing machine.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
@Alluckks I doubt Chytil will get more than 9 games, but who knows. I like your lines by the way - maybe Pionk will get a chance in NHL later this year, but I`ve notion that Graves will be the first they call up.

Maybe he gets 9, then if he is playing well in the AHL or wherever he is they bring him in for the playoffs ala Kreider

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

TIL 40-50 points isn't big, especially for $1m. Come on now.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Kreider-Zib-Buchnevich
Nash-Chytil-Zucc
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Deharnais-Jurco
#13 Carey, #14 Desjardins (hate it but could see it)
Fast on LTIR - at least one fwd player waived when he returns

McDonagh-Shatty
Skjei-Smith
Staal-DeAngelo
Kampfer
Holden dealt on Wednesday for a 3rd-4th

Reactions: Ori and Griffinbw

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Kreider-Zib-Buchnevich
Nash-Chytil-Zucc
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Deharnais-Jurco
#13 Carey, #14 Desjardins (hate it but could see it)
Fast on LTIR - at least one fwd player waived when he returns

McDonagh-Shatty
Skjei-Smith
Staal-DeAngelo
Kampfer
Holden dealt on Wednesday for a 3rd-4th
I don’t hate it, might even go as far as saying it’s better than last season with Fast back.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
I don’t hate it, might even go as far as saying it’s better than last season with Fast back.

I agree, because I do not think Derek Stepan was an overall positive presence on the Rangers anymore. I said right after the depressing loss to Ottawa that the "core" needed an overall and it was actually Stepan, not Girardi, first on my list because I thought we could get a decent haul for him. And I was right.

He turned into DeAngelo, who might be a more valuable player on this type of team right off the bat, Lias Andersson, and needed cap space for more useful and younger players. (I know Raanta left as well, but, for better or worse, the Rangers will live or die on the back of Henrik come playoff time)

Reactions: bernmeister

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

What? Why would anyone NOT want Jagr?

Drives possession, beast along the boards, top six winger and solid even strength score, leadership for those young players you always espouse, absolute tank who never gets hurt, star power to sell tickets, etc...

And, if the rumors are true (1M + 1M in possible bonuses), he's an absolute steal.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The reason people didn't want Jagr is very simple. It's because he is old and slow which is the opposite of what people think you need. It doesn't matter how a player looks as long as he gets it done and Jagr does. Mets fans hated on Carlos Beltran for years because he looked so casual like he was lazy and he was the best FA signing the team ever had.

Reactions: Avery16

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
That said, if we had signed Jagr, within one day I would have twisted it in my mind and have been convinced it was the right move and of course I would be excited about it

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Preferred lines by playoffs (if everyone plays average/well)

Kreider Zib Buch
Miller Chytil Zucc
Vesey Hayes Nash
Grabner DD Fast

McDonagh Shattenkirk
Skjei DeAngelo
Smith Pionk

I like this. That Vesey-Hayes-Nash line tore it up for a little while at the beginning of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad