I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
In order:

Sign Kakko. 2 x 2 million

Trade Georgiev's rights to Edmonton for a 3rd round pick

Trade Nemeth to Arizona with Edmonton's 3rd for a 2025 7th round pick

Deal Nils Lundkvist to Dallas for Mavrik Bourque at the draft

Draft BPA centers and LHD's with remaining picks at the draft.

Offer Copp 5 years, $5 million. Last and best offer before UFA. If he declines, see later on in this post for the scenarios.

Extend Motte. 3 x 1.75 million

Extend Braun. 1 x 900k

Vatrano walks.

Strome walks

If Copp signs, sign Pierre Bellemare. 1 x 850 k and stand pat otherwise.

If Copp doesn't sign, sign Johan Larsson 2 years x 2 million plus Bellemare.

Sign Charlie Lindgren 1 year x 850k

Lineup with Copp:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Copp-Kravtsov
Blais-Chytil-Kakko
Motte-Bellemare-Goodrow
Reaves
Hunt

Lineup without Copp:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Chytil-Kakko
Blais-Larsson-Kravtsov
Motte-Bellemare-Goodrow
Reaves
Hunt

Depth. Works under the cap too. I kind of like lineup #2 without Copp better.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider Zib Laf
Panarin Chytil Kakko
_____ Stastny Kravstov
Motte Goodrow Blais

Lindgren Fox
Miller Trouba
______ Schneider

Igor
_____

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
The cap just doesn’t work in 23-24 if we sign anyone to a long term deal. Even signing Motte. The only way out of it is to move Trouba or Kreider, or to barely breathe, Goodrow or Lindgren.

The Rangers need to just play it cool and let the young guys take a step. I like the idea of a Larsson or a bellemare but I’d be focused on 1 year deals to get some depth and not affect next years cap.

Chytil
Lafreniere
Jones
Miller
Kravtsov

All RFA. Then likely Kakko and Schneider the year after. Will eat a lot of cap. Get these guys locked up into long term deals asap before we lose half of them for picks and prospects.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
9D515D4B-A9CA-422E-B95F-3399D6E3628F.jpeg
D9CFEDBB-4667-49E6-AFBC-4E54F79F6BBC.jpeg
7B118EAC-50A2-4171-A06B-49E3D5A10D67.jpeg

Reactions: Larry Singet

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The cap just doesn’t work in 23-24 if we sign anyone to a long term deal. Even signing Motte. The only way out of it is to move Trouba or Kreider, or to barely breathe, Goodrow or Lindgren.

The Rangers need to just play it cool and let the young guys take a step. I like the idea of a Larsson or a bellemare but I’d be focused on 1 year deals to get some depth and not affect next years cap.

Chytil
Lafreniere
Jones
Miller
Kravtsov

All RFA. Then likely Kakko and Schneider the year after. Will eat a lot of cap. Get these guys locked up into long term deals asap before we lose half of them for picks and prospects.
Yeah. Sign the young guys and call it a day. Save a little cap to add at the deadline. Fingers crossed the kids keep kicking butt.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I think this year is nut cutting time for the kids. I just don’t see the cap space to sign anyone of significance, plus they’re going to need to extend Lafreniere and Miller. If anything you could make the argument they need to trade one of the big contracts.

Next season hinges on the breaking out of Laf, Chytil, and Kakko, and players like Kravstov asserting himself in the lineup.

I like the idea of trading one of the young defensive prospects to get a young center of similar value.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I think this year is nut cutting time for the kids. I just don’t see the cap space to sign anyone of significance, plus they’re going to need to extend Lafreniere and Miller. If anything you could make the argument they need to trade one of the big contracts.

Next season hinges on the breaking out of Laf, Chytil, and Kakko, and players like Kravstov asserting himself in the lineup.

I like the idea of trading one of the young defensive prospects to get a young center of similar value.
Yes, 100%. I saw someone say Lundkvist for Mavrik Bourque. Good choice because he has 3 years of ELC left. Lundkvist an option to replace Klingberg for Dallas. Bourque starts in Hartford this year. Good move for both teams.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The NHL's hard cap is complete f***ing tits. We just came out of a rebuild and we're already in a position where improving is like navigating landmines.

That's why despite the NHL's "parity" meme, it's always the same teams. If you're not already there, you can't get there.

I'm not against having a salary cap, but the salary cap should be there to prevent teams from buying all-star rosters. The NHL's cap is more like "you have more than two good players??? You f***ing idiot!!"

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
@Edge where you at?
stop, people on this board ran the guy out of here bc they didnt like his info even though it was true, and now people are going to be clamoring for him to come back again. why would he do that?

maybe if some on this board stopped acting like whiney children on bath salts he wouldnt have left, again...

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
but which version of panarin?
I know you posted in the other thread about his injury from last season that changed his game. I had a feeling that incident was the reason for the change in his performance & had posted about it sporadically throughout the year.

Not asking you to reveal anything else, but in your opinion is this season's version of Panarin who we should expect to see moving forward?

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The NHL's hard cap is complete f***ing tits. We just came out of a rebuild and we're already in a position where improving is like navigating landmines.

That's why despite the NHL's "parity" meme, it's always the same teams. If you're not already there, you can't get there.

I'm not against having a salary cap, but the salary cap should be there to prevent teams from buying all-star rosters. The NHL's cap is more like "you have more than two good players??? You f***ing idiot!!"
Of course the "rebuild" you're talking about included trading for Trouba (8M) and signing UFA Panarin (12M)

Plus the dead-cap for Kirk, G, DeAngelo and Hank who should've never been bought out in the 1st place... especially during a "Rebuild"

I agree there should be a soft cap or some other form of luxury cap but we certainly dug ourselves into this problem.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Of course the "rebuild" you're talking about included trading for Trouba (8M) and signing UFA Panarin (12M)

Plus the dead-cap for Kirk, G, DeAngelo and Hank who should've never been bought out in the 1st place... especially during a "Rebuild"

I agree there should be a soft cap or some other form of luxury cap but we certainly dug ourselves into this problem.
At the time, those moves made sense. When we made those moves, we didn't know we'd win the lottery for two wingers or have a Norris winner fall out of a tree and hit us in the head like Isaac Newton.

Now we're being punished for it.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I mean Panarin Panarin.

I still think he's that player but the line just didn't work anymore.

That's just how it is. A permanent line has 2 maybe 3 years before every team has the book on them.
Panarin playing selfish hockey has nothing to do with his linemates. He was a net negative in the playoffs, and that's saying something for a guy who was nearly scoring at PPG pace. Strome didn't make him cough the puck up with ridiculously stupid passes nearly every shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad