Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIV: Less than 24 hours till draft time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Something good in the draft preview on msg?

Not really.

They spent a 3rd of it talking about staal and hank

Second portion was about the draft where JD basically said they were taking Laf with out saying that they were taking Laf. Discussed how they will get a good player at 22 as well.

Third portion discussed their RFA's.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Have we heard anything new from the fellas since this am?

@bobbop @Edge @BBKers
Anyone got any rumors?
giphy.gif

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

Not that I'm sweating the Strome situation, but I wonder if the rangers are trying to gauge the situation. If some enticing options shake loose via RFA and buyout, maybe they let strome walk.

Reactions: egelband

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
S ay for instance Gorton is able to trade for eichel within the next two hours. Does they even go public or does that smug little bettman make them sit on it till the Rangers are on the clock?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
S ay for instance Gorton is able to trade for eichel within the next two hours. Does they even go public or does that smug little bettman make them sit on it till the Rangers are on the clock?

No, it would be announced. Trades that happen every year ON draft day are still announced by insiders hours before the draft. But I wouldn't get your hopes up about Eichel.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Say for instance Gorton is able to trade for eichel within the next two hours. Does they even go public or does that smug little bettman make them sit on it till the Rangers are on the clock?
The trade would go public 100000000000%

Bettman/the NHL wouldn't be able to force teams to sit on that.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Well I tend to agree but I don't want to speak in absolutes. Its remote but I wouldn't let Strome's contract prevent me from making the team better.

I get protecting assets, I guess I understand why they are waiting. Whether it is information gathering or whatever.
Yep. Maybe a whole bunch of guys drop out of the chute. I guess it’s a game of chicken at this point. Still seems unlikely they non-tender him.

Do we have a list of the RFA’s still waiting to be qualified? Maybe JG and JD are eyeing someone on that list...

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I mean you can if there's no market for him and you need the cap space. I don't see that being the case though.

I'm tapped out on theories as to why they haven't QO'd him though. It's very odd even if they have a trade lined up.

Well, that's the thing. We have no idea what balls Gorton is juggling. Obviously there is at least one plan that involves using that cap space for someone other than Strome, but who knows how it will play out.

If Strome doesn't get qualified and he signs somewhere else, it isn't the end of the world. Or maybe we don't qualify him, and our other plans fall through, and we end up re-signing him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad