Roster Building Thread III (2022-23): Witty title incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This talk about the decline of team sports is depressing, but it reflects my experience pretty strongly.

I am an old, crotchety man now, but I’ll defend the notion that EVERYTHING, yes EVERYTHING, peaked in the 90s. Sports. Music. The internet was just fun and harmless.

I’m happy to have been born when I was.

The Telecommunications Act of 1996 changed music. It really never recovered. Clarification: I don't want to come off like a "back in my day" old man....there's still so much great music today but it's decentralized. Very territorial or scene-based.

If you're a comics fans they peaked in the early 1990s and then Marvel drove Claremont away and gave more power to the artists...who in turn all left around 14 months later to start Image.

Baseball in some ways never recovered from the 1994 strike.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Lindgren injured, Fox regressing, Tarasenko looking like shit, Shesterkin looking like shit, everything is breaking right for us to lose in the 1st round and have given up 3 1st round draft picks in 2 years. hope I'm wrong

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

yeah would be dumb to put Lindgren on LTIR before trading for Kane. If you do it afterwards you can use almost all of the 3M.

Lindgren injured, Fox regressing, Tarasenko looking like shit, Shesterkin looking like shit, everything is breaking right for us to lose in the 1st round and have given up 3 1st round draft picks in 2 years. hope I'm wrong
Doesn't look like a 1st is going to chicago so that would be 2 1sts in 2 years. Or if it's conditional and they lose in round 1 same thing applies.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
yeah would be dumb to put Lindgren on LTIR before trading for Kane. If you do it afterwards you can use almost all of the 3M.

Doesn't look like a 1st is going to chicago so that would be 2 1sts in 2 years. Or if it's conditional and they lose in round 1 same thing applies.
I figured it'd be a 2nd and Kravstov. But since Kravstov is gone what will the Kane trade be? 2nd + what? Sykora?

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Not only that, if they LTIR Lindgren, he’s not coming back until the playoffs, at which point the cap doesn’t matter, see 2020 Tampa Bay Lightning.
Yeah but Tampa Bay used LTIR for the entire season on Kucherov which meant they were able to sign Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak. They didn’t use it for the Trade Deadline.

Oddly enough, if the Rangers use LTIR on Lindgren until the playoffs, the last team I remember using that tactic was the 2015 Chicago Blackhawks who acquired Antoine Vermette at the deadline due to an injury to…..Patrick Kane.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah but Tampa Bay used LTIR for the entire season on Kucherov which meant they were able to sign Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak. They didn’t use it for the Trade Deadline.

Oddly enough, if the Rangers use LTIR on Lindgren until the playoffs, the last team I remember using that tactic was the 2015 Chicago Blackhawks who acquired Antoine Vermette at the deadline due to an injury to…..Patrick Kane.

So then it's what the Hawks did with none other than Patty Kane in 2015.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If the Kane trade happens on March 1, $172,432 is the actual real dollars remaining for 3rd party broker if VAN is the banker. March 3 is $165K. Kravtsov's base is $800,000. He got $75,000 as a signing bonus. Lockwood is $750,000. $12,973 difference in real dollars. $185,405.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not enough character guys.....I bet no one on here hated the Devil-Ranger games in 94 or before or after for that matter . People were entertained ....once the first 2 series are done....the hockey is not worth watching anymore . The emotion has been removed . Hockey is a sport that HAS to be played with emotion ...it is when it is at it's best.....emotion and adrenaline . Thank You Bettman . NOT !
Can't afford character and emotion when you can't even afford a full roster of hockey players.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad