Roster Building Thread III (2022-23): Witty title incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fresh thread

A19763F5-F5A1-4D09-9C2D-F34863B7BE15.gif

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Drury is trading atleast one of those 1st rounders, I'm against that but the Rangers gonna Ranger. I would absolutely love if we kept them, and pushed our chips in next year when hopefully Lafreniere, Kakko, Robertson, Cullye etc are more finished products. Make some minor deals, to boost the lineup a bit. It would do a lot for the longevity of our playoff window to have 2 more 1st round players join the team on entry level deals in 3 years.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Meier/Larkin - unrealistic
Kane/Bertiuzzi - injuries stay away
Tarasenko - makes some sense, but wary of overpay
Barbashev/Barabanov - fits well for middle 6
Ritchie - good rental bottom 6
Lafferty - good this year and next year bottom 6
Kulikov/Maata - good for bottom pair D

Reactions: Rangers in 7

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Drury is trading atleast one of those 1st rounders, I'm against that but the Rangers gonna Ranger. I would absolutely love if we kept them, and pushed our chips in next year when hopefully Lafreniere, Kakko, Robertson, Cullye etc are more finished products. Make some minor deals, to boost the lineup a bit. It would do a lot for the longevity of our playoff window to have 2 more 1st round players join the team on entry level deals in 3 years.

I think you’re overstating how much 2 late first rounders are extending our window. Chances are they don’t crack the lineup for 3-4 years and even then it takes a bit to become a finished product.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Anaheim? Hmmm interesting.
On D, Anaheim has 4 UFA's with expiring contracts. 5 if you include Moore but Ducks board is saying he is out indefinately won't return.

Klingberg $7,000,000 43GP 6G 11A 17Pts 47Hits 56Blocked Shots. 21Mins TOI Currently Playing 2nd pair RD
Shattenkirk $3,900,000 44GP 0G 12A 12Pts 54Hits 63Blocked Shots 18Mins TOI Currently Playing 3rd Pair RD
Kulikov $2,250,000 51GP 2G 8A 10Pts 77 Hits 91 Blocked Shots 20Mins TOI Currently Playing Top pair RD
Beaulieu $850,000 25GP 0G 4A 33Hits 43Blocked Shots 13Mins TOI Currently Playing 2nd Pair LD

Rangers were linked to Klingberg last season. It picked up steam but he got injured. Schneider stepped in and it was a blessing. Rangers don't need RD anyway. Not sure if he can also play LD?

Shatty plays the Right side. Rangers bought him out. Likely wont see him return.

One of the below would be more likely.

Kulikov plays both LD and RD. Former 1st round pick. Not sure what he would cost from a trade perspective? Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder. He throws the body well. He blocks shots well. Would be 2nd on Rangers in that category behind Trouba. Of course he would have that icetime here. Gets under players skin. Dropps the mitts occasionally but he's not a fighter. More like what Dube did after the Trouba hit. Hes in his 12th NHL season. Made the playoffs in 7 of them so he has experience there. Produced fairly well in those series.

Beaulieu is playing LD on the 2nd Pair. He's been scratched a lot this season. Was recently sent to the AHL for conditioning. Hes back with the big club now. He's an above average fighter. Blocks a decent amount of shots. I added that category, becuase I think you want to see that for a 3rd pair Defenseman. He stans up for his teammates, but is more then just a gamer. He's an above average fighter. Seems like he peaked in MTL. Worked his way up to the 2nd pairing and got 19 mins of icetime. Since then its been small sample sizes. Likely on his way out in another season or so. In his 12th season. Has seen playoffs in 4 of those seasons. Last appearance with Jets in 2019/20.

Not sure what either of their Advanced stats look like.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
On D, Anaheim has 4 UFA's with expiring contracts. 5 if you include Moore but Ducks board is saying he is out indefinately won't return.

Klingberg $7,000,000 43GP 6G 11A 17Pts 47Hits 56Blocked Shots. 21Mins TOI Currently Playing 2nd pair RD
Shattenkirk $3,900,000 44GP 0G 12A 12Pts 54Hits 63Blocked Shots 18Mins TOI Currently Playing 3rd Pair RD
Kulikov $2,250,000 51GP 2G 8A 10Pts 77 Hits 91 Blocked Shots 20Mins TOI Currently Playing Top pair RD
Beaulieu $850,000 25GP 0G 4A 33Hits 43Blocked Shots 13Mins TOI Currently Playing 2nd Pair LD

Rangers were linked to Klingberg last season. It picked up steam but he got injured. Schneider stepped in and it was a blessing. Rangers don't need RD anyway. Not sure if he can also play LD?

Shatty plays the Right side. Rangers bought him out. Likely wont see him return.

One of the below would be more likely.

Kulikov plays both LD and RD. Former 1st round pick. Not sure what he would cost from a trade perspective? Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder. He throws the body well. He blocks shots well. Would be 2nd on Rangers in that category behind Trouba. Of course he would have that icetime here. Gets under players skin. Dropps the mitts occasionally but he's not a fighter. More like what Dube did after the Trouba hit.

Beaulieu is playing LD on the 2nd Pair. He's been scratched a lot this season. Was recently sent to the AHL for conditioning. Hes back with the big club now. He's an above average fighter. Blocks a decent amount of shots. I added that category, becuase I think you want to see that for a 3rd pair Defenseman. He stans up for his teammates, but is more then just a gamer. He's an above average fighter.

Not sure what either of their Advanced stats look like.

I’ve said before here. Kulikov has been pretty solid on a very bad Ducks team. He is playing way over his head on a top pairing, if he were to come here as a bottom pairing guy think he’d easily be an upgrade down there. Ducks got him for free, so shouldn’t cost much. He is playing RD, but can also play LD.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
piggybacking on the last thread.........Meier is probably the best things n stuff player in the entire world.

He's a monster on the boards, physical, shoots from everywhere (and has a good shot), excellent defensively, drives the net, drives possession. literally everything Meier does exceptionally well.

players like Horvat who are things n stuffy in reputation only are a far cry from Meier

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
New thread. Same TEMPLATE.

Kreider - Zib - _________
Panarin - Troch - _________
Kids
Goodrow - __________ - Vesey

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
_________ - Schneider

It's heartbreaking that TyJo just can't stay healthy. Last thread was about coming to grips with the fact that the royal road pioneer will not be intersecting with Broadway. But sweet Lou gave us a sweet backup option in Beau Beau.

Labanc
Beauvillier
Bonino
6th D TBD

Or we riot.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I’ve said before here. Kulikov has been pretty solid on a very bad Ducks team. He is playing way over his head on a top pairing, if he were to come here as a bottom pairing guy think he’d easily be an upgrade down there. Ducks got him for free, so shouldn’t cost much. He is playing RD, but can also play LD.

Ducks play the Blackhawks tonight on ESPN+

Im going to watch that one. Wonder if the Rangers have scouts there. Im going to message some of the beat writers for those clubs. John Diets covers the Hawks. So does Scott Powers.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

What constantly makes you think we are moving 1 of our first round picks?

From what people have posted here from insiders is that Drury is very unwilling to move even a 2nd round pick this year and is looking at dealing 24' 1st rounders instead.

Where does this fear come from?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
As I have said before, I’d taking my chances on renting Meier and looking to recapture some assets if he wasn’t going to be resigned. Remember, in the summer, everyone has more flexibility. If you think his post season rights would only bring back a second or third, well we will just have to agree to disagree.

Teams would know we're in a cap crunch and the offers would be garbage. Unless you're moving one of Kreider or Panarin, Meier is a move that doesn't make sense

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ok so sounds like some are on board trading Othmann, a first and Sykora (and probably something else) for a rental in Meier

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
As I have said before, I’d taking my chances on renting Meier and looking to recapture some assets if he wasn’t going to be resigned. Remember, in the summer, everyone has more flexibility. If you think his post season rights would only bring back a second or third, well we will just have to agree to disagree.

I dont understand where this thought that we would be able to recoup assets for trading Meiers rights. Its difficult to think we would get even a 2nd round pick in this coming draft. Please explain to me what you think we would be getting back for a players negotiating rights and how that will recoup a 1st a ridiculously deep draft, and 2 of our top 3 prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad