Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVIII: Preparing for a huge letdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Honestly the list stinks so I'm not shocked . He will come cheap and he's not the starter. Just buy two yrs till the Russian kids ready

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
Still think whatever reputation the Rangers got from the dark ages persist in some of the main board folks. Even their objective success the last 6 seasons is just spat on. There's nothing differentiating the Rangers from say the Ducks/Sharks who are more respected imo.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Terrible move.. Going to overpay the worst goalie in the league..

No centers, no defense, no goalie.. With the first pick in the draft the Rangers select..

giphy.gif

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Still think whatever reputation the Rangers got from the dark ages persist in some of the main board folks. Even their objective success the last 6 seasons is just spat on. There's nothing differentiating the Rangers from say the Ducks/Sharks who are more respected imo.
The Rangers recent success is largely disregarded here too.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Totally agree.

The Rangers are prob the most successful franchise to not win a cup since 2011-present. Yet people act like it's still 2001 with the Rangers being an old trash team who buys over the hill stars for too much money.

The Rangers recent success is largely disregarded here too.

Yep, constantly calling for a full rebuild and tank. People were calling to blow it up right before, right after our cup run in 2014, same thing next season when we won the President's trophy.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Lundqvist is a product of his pads, we have never had a 1st round pick, all of our players are trash... It's a good time over there.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pavelec will be 30 at the beginning of the season and there's no way I would give him more than two years and especially with the prospect goaltending we have.

And I wouldn't give a backup goalie $2 mil per year not when the Rangers already have a starter making $8.5. If Pavelec signs with the Rangers to be the back he's between $1 and 1.5 and two years max.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Lundqvist is a product of his pads, we have never had a 1st round pick, all of our players are trash... It's a good time over there.

Funny thing is a lot of the fans who rag on the Rangers for not having 1st rounder, are teams that have busts or players who never panned out to their potential with their picks.

Ignoring the Rangers most recent 1st rounders are all key players: Kreider, Miller, Skjei.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Terrible move.. Going to overpay the worst goalie in the league..

No centers, no defense, no goalie.. With the first pick in the draft the Rangers select..

People may not be attuned to such things, but given my experience in such matters, I can safely say that this is what people in the business an "overreaction'. You are all welcome.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Really really hope that we stay away from Shattenkirk. Nearly every big UFA signing in the past 5+ years has been an epic failure. Suter is really the only one I can think of that has actually panned out.

And even if we do sign him, that is just masking our lack of a franchise center, let alone an actual first line center.

We aren't winning a Cup without one.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Finally a Top 10 draft pick, but in a weak draft.

Finally some cap space, but in a weak market.

Rongos be Rongoing.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Really really hope that we stay away from Shattenkirk. Nearly every big UFA signing in the past 5+ years has been an epic failure. Suter is really the only one I can think of that has actually panned out.

And even if we do sign him, that is just masking our lack of a franchise center, let alone an actual first line center.

Cant be afraid to sign good players.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Larry Brooks staking his claim shattenkirk wont be signing with the rangers

just heard bobby mac on xm. good interview.

he wasnt shy on his assessment of shatty either. it wasnt glowing. :laugh: he pretty much said he cannot defend 5v5. he cant play defense at even strength and is a pp guy only. he isnt anything near a 1st pair rd.

gonna get 6-7 for 6 or 7. thats a given. he's the best rh pp guy out there and he's very good in that role but at even strength, he's very average.

said the devils will make the bet offer as they have the cap and the need.

nothing new here. doesnt seem like theres a fit with us at all.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

How can you honestly say every UFA signing for the past five years has been a disaster are you serious? You really don't think the Rangers need a power-play quarterback right now one that could put up 55 points? Have you seen this team's power-play over the last five years it's an absolute joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad