Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXII: Draft Day in Chicago - My Kinda Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Sell me why Blackhawks did this.

3eb3f02ea2349c49f3956d9a0ef2e8d5.gif

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I would be surprised if the point difference between Saad and Panarin is much more than 10 points next season.

In other words, this isn't as uneven of a deal as people are implying.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Panarin isn't a UFA until summer 2019, why trade him now? And he has the same cap hit as Saad right now. Bowman wasn't kidding when he said the sweep back in April was unacceptable. Their defense is going to be revamped as well with no van Riemsdyk and Hjalmarsson and Campbell and Oduya gone as free agents or into retirement.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Panarin is a UFA after next season. Saad is signed for the next 4. Saad is also younger than Panarin. Perhaps Chicago knew they wouldn't be able to keep Panarin long term.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I would be surprised if the point difference between Saad and Panarin is much more than 10 points next season.

In other words, this isn't as uneven of a deal as people are implying.

Panarin is a driver of offense, Saad is a complimentary piece.

Chicago got worse.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The Panarin trade I understand, Saad is a damn fine player and no way they would have been able to re-sign him.

But they got a horrendous return on Hammer and dont save any cap space.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Reading the Chicago board, a good number of their fans seem to be fine with the Panarin-Saad deal.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Country club is fine when you've got 3 cups on the mantle.

I would gladly take another cup for another dark ages era.

'Cups are great, but senseless moves at the behest of your players is a bit unnecessary. They have enough roster issues as it is. Paying the price for winning 3 'Cups is one thing, but I'd still be pretty upset as a fan of the team.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The Panarin trade I understand, Saad is a damn fine player and no way they would have been able to re-sign him.

But they got a horrendous return on Hammer and dont save any cap space.

If they buy out Murphy they'll get a lot of cap space. Murphy is only 24 and his contract is backloaded, so the buyout is really good.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Panarin is a driver of offense, Saad is a complimentary piece.

Chicago got worse.

Chicago can make as much use out of a complimentary piece as a driver.

In a vacuum, knowing nothing about the rosters of either team, I don't like the deal for Chicago. Informed by the respective teams, I think it's okay.

Not sure why the Hjalmarsson deal happened though.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Don't think the Panarin/Saad deal is that far off. Both of those guys are legit and young. Panarin has the better underlying relTM driving shot attempts numbers, but he's essentially elite in that category. See what moving from CHI to CBJ does to that, though.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not to mention you cannot create a more perfect player to play with Kane. They're like the same person just with different shooting sides, which just makes the combo even better.

Chicago was obviously not happy with their playoff performance.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
It feels like we're either getting Doan's UFA rights for Stepan or we're getting the OEL + Keller + 7OA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad