Speculation: Roster Building/Rumor Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Shit in Jersey, my bro has been selling some site unseen with maybe just 5-6 pictures on the internet. On top of that he’s getting 30-50 k above listing. I’ve never seen anything like it.
The exodus from NY is real, and don’t let anyone tell you differently.
Same thing is going down out here on Long Island.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
The issue is that
1) if by some miracle, both stay on the team, they are very similar in strengths. We more than likely wont be getting the most out of one.

I don't think it's very accurate to say we can't make use of two elite centers. Again, how do all the other cup winners do it?

2) Eichel comes, Mika walks. So, if all goes well with Eichels health, Mika would be moved. In that scenario, we are in the same exact spot we were prior to acquiring Eichel... but down assets and cap space. It's a high cost lateral move, ie. doesn't make sense

It's not lateral. You are 4 years younger and have 4 more years of contract under your control.

Securing a center who is going to be still in his prime when Kakko and Laf are in theirs is the utmost importance. Zibanejad will age out. Replacing Eichel with Zibanejad - if they decide they can't keep both - resets that clock.

The window is important. You are opening the window wider. That is important and that is why you make the trade. You also can recoup some of what you paid by dealing Zibanejad at the deadline.

Now, you don't throw away all your best pieces obviously.

But as I've said and as apparently has gained some traction among some whispers here lately, if it's Buch (redundant), Strome (redundant), Jones (redundant), and 15OA, that trade doesn't hurt so much.

If it's Nils/Kravtsov, Chytil, Buch, Georgiev and a first, then that's a clear no thanks from us.

Oh and to be clear - this is all under the premise that a trade is possible once doctors sign off. I am not advocating doing this blind.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Same thing is going down out here on Long Island.

In Texas two people were bidding on a property, and the offers kept getting higher. The guy had a 1M budget so he went to the owner of the property being sold and offered to buy his next house to get the house that he wanted. I have no idea what people are doing right now with real estate its insane

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Buffalo’s GM doesn’t know what he’s doing

He’s got a miny mutiny on his hands trying to trade away a handful of disgruntled players that will set the organization back years, owners that are apparently heavily involved, and he can’t screw it up

He’s probably just hoping Eichel says forget it I’ll stay lol

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The Jersey market is insane, people are buying houses without any inspection, and even when the appraisals come in way under the price being paid they still just cover that in cash.
Bro I’ve lived here my entire life, had a shore house since I was little, it’s all over the state, the housing market wasn’t even like this before the crash in 08

Reactions: Off Sides

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You have no clue how crazy it is in Florida and even Atlanta

Definitely a conversation for a different day but it is creating a real problem in the Atlanta market. You have people coming in from NY and CA offering 25-50k over asking, driving up market and pricing out local buyers. Sellers are doing extremely well, but if you are looking to buy in the metro Atlanta area, prepare to take it on the chin.

New thread incoming. Way over 1k.

Reactions: duhmetreE

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Buffalo’s GM doesn’t know what he’s doing

He’s got a miny mutiny on his hands trying to trade away a handful of disgruntled players that will set the organization back years, owners that are apparently heavily involved, and he can’t screw it up

He’s probably just hoping Eichel says forget it I’ll stay lol

I think that bridge is burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad