Injury Report: Rosival knee

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Two of our surprisingly better players out with knee issues.

Time to give Stanton a call on this one, he's played hard the last few years and has earned a try with the big club.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
the same could be said for Dylan Olsen last year but he played almost 30 games with his flaws. I understand we had no real depth at the position last year, but if the Hawks want to see what their kids can do, they arent afraid to bring them up and try and put them in positions to succeed.

again, I am sure it will be Stanton or Olsen that comes up, I just wouldnt mind seeing how Clendening can do...the same people dismissing him without even seeing him play for a single NHL game, are the same ones who laughed at Nick Leddy making the club 2 years back....that turned out pretty damn okay in my book.

Olsen had no business and still has no business playing in the NHL. There's nothing wrong with Clendening improving his game in the AHL. We all know he's a strong offensive player, but his defensive game is just not there yet. Give him time and hopefully he'll make smarter decisions with the puck in his own zone.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
not arguing that Stanton is better on defense...but is he better overall? Clendening has played a few less games than Stanton, has more points and is even...hardly a liability away from the puck, but yes Stanton is better away from the puck....and though stats do get misleading at times, I have watched a ton of Rockford games, Clendening has improved a bunch since I saw him with the USNDP away from the puck. still needs work, but isnt going to kill you out there.

I just think you can never have enough solid offensive skilled dmen on a team...as long as they arent pylons on the ice which Clendening isnt, you can really create a nightmare for opposing teams as all 3 pairs would have a dman capable of skating or passing the puck out of our zone and towards the attack...

he doesn't need to be better. All he would need to do is playing in his own zone and giving the puck to his D partner or ice it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad