Injury Report: Rosival knee

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Here is the twitter report

Tim Sassone ‏@TimSassone

#Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival will miss some time with a knee injury suffered at Dallas, the Daily Herald has learned

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's fragile, this was expected, just get him close to 100% when he does play because he's very good.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Explains why Brookbank has been in so much.

I really wonder if a tryout might open up for Stanton.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Knee? Surprised they're just not going with the nebulous lower body injury.

Well, Brown went knee to knee on him in the playoffs last year and I assume it is the same one. IIRC, it was his left knee that took the hit. It looked a lot worse than it really was, at least I hope that continues to be the case...

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Hopefully this injury heals quickly and won't cause anymore problems in the future. He's much better than Brookbank and a good tool for the playoffs.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
anyword on when Montador will start skating again?

if this team gets him back at some point, and healthy, what a solid bottom pairing we would have.

I understand that Clendening plays a different role then Rosival, but with the way he has played I wouldnt mind seeing him up with this squad. You really cant have enough puck movers, and as long as he is paired with a vet with some defensive responsibility, he could do very well..

If not Clendening then I would imagine Dylan Olsen getting the call over Stanton. Olsen is the prized first round pick who has that size we need on our blueline...I understand the kid has some issues to work on, but I want to see what the kid can do this year...Stanton has similar size as well, but I think Olsen might get the edge in terms of raw ability...though Stanton is the safer of the 2 with his own zone play, its just my opinion.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
anyword on when Montador will start skating again?

if this team gets him back at some point, and healthy, what a solid bottom pairing we would have.

I understand that Clendening plays a different role then Rosival, but with the way he has played I wouldnt mind seeing him up with this squad. You really cant have enough puck movers, and as long as he is paired with a vet with some defensive responsibility, he could do very well..

If not Clendening then I would imagine Dylan Olsen getting the call over Stanton. Olsen is the prized first round pick who has that size we need on our blueline...I understand the kid has some issues to work on, but I want to see what the kid can do this year...Stanton has similar size as well, but I think Olsen might get the edge in terms of raw ability...though Stanton is the safer of the 2 with his own zone play, its just my opinion.

I know you are high on the american guys, but Clenny doesn't make much sense. We need a D minded player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know you are high on the american guys, but Clenny doesn't make much sense. We need a D minded player.

stated that in the same sentence I mentioned his name. American or not, he is the best young dman we have at the AHL level, hasnt played poorly defensively, and isnt a negative player +/-...different role I get it, but if the kid is playing solid, moves the puck, and has a hammer of a shot..why the heck not?? if the Hawks feel he would only get 8-10 minutes a night, I am fine with them going with Stanton or Olson in that role if they feel Clendening's growth might stunt.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Stantons D looks better than Clennys. + Q seems to like what he saw in Stanton.

If Leddy would go down or Oduya, I agree with giving Clendening the look. Right now, we just need the most reliable D DMan out there

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Stantons D looks better than Clennys. + Q seems to like what he saw in Stanton.

If Leddy would go down or Oduya, I agree with giving Clenndening the look. Right now, we just need the most reliable D DMan out there

not arguing that Stanton is better on defense...but is he better overall? Clendening has played a few less games than Stanton, has more points and is even...hardly a liability away from the puck, but yes Stanton is better away from the puck....and though stats do get misleading at times, I have watched a ton of Rockford games, Clendening has improved a bunch since I saw him with the USNDP away from the puck. still needs work, but isnt going to kill you out there.

I just think you can never have enough solid offensive skilled dmen on a team...as long as they arent pylons on the ice which Clendening isnt, you can really create a nightmare for opposing teams as all 3 pairs would have a dman capable of skating or passing the puck out of our zone and towards the attack...

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
not arguing that Stanton is better on defense...but is he better overall? Clendening has played a few less games than Stanton, has more points and is even...hardly a liability away from the puck, but yes Stanton is better away from the puck....and though stats do get misleading at times, I have watched a ton of Rockford games, Clendening has improved a bunch since I saw him with the USNDP away from the puck. still needs work, but isnt going to kill you out there.

I just think you can never have enough solid offensive skilled dmen on a team...as long as they arent pylons on the ice which Clendening isnt, you can really create a nightmare for opposing teams as all 3 pairs would have a dman capable of skating or passing the puck out of our zone and towards the attack...

leddy and clendening as the 3rd pair? and youre trying to say that that somehow is a good, balanced 3rd pair?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
leddy and clendening as the 3rd pair? and youre trying to say that that somehow is a good, balanced 3rd pair?

Right. If people hated Leddy last season, they'd HATE Clending this year. Leave him in Rockford and let him develop.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Right. If people hated Leddy last season, they'd HATE Clending this year. Leave him in Rockford and let him develop.

would move Leddy up, obviously not a pair.

and its not like Leddy/Stanton is that great either...any option we have is likely going to invole 2 young guys together unless Brookbank fills that role.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No doubt. Clendening needs quite a bit of seasoning before he sees the ice.

the same could be said for Dylan Olsen last year but he played almost 30 games with his flaws. I understand we had no real depth at the position last year, but if the Hawks want to see what their kids can do, they arent afraid to bring them up and try and put them in positions to succeed.

again, I am sure it will be Stanton or Olsen that comes up, I just wouldnt mind seeing how Clendening can do...the same people dismissing him without even seeing him play for a single NHL game, are the same ones who laughed at Nick Leddy making the club 2 years back....that turned out pretty damn okay in my book.

Nothingman*

the same could be said for Dylan Olsen last year but he played almost 30 games with his flaws. I understand we had no real depth at the position last year, but if the Hawks want to see what their kids can do, they arent afraid to bring them up and try and put them in positions to succeed.

again, I am sure it will be Stanton or Olsen that comes up, I just wouldnt mind seeing how Clendening can do...the same people dismissing him without even seeing him play for a single NHL game, are the same ones who laughed at Nick Leddy making the club 2 years back....that turned out pretty damn okay in my book.

He played 30 games pretty much because we had no other options. Hence the Oduya trade as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad