Proposal: ROR Back to the Avs

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I mean... He's certainly not worth MORE then he was 3 years ago.

3 Years ago he was 24 years old, signed for another year at a 5.5M cap hit and an RFA after that.

Now he's 3 years older, and and overpaid center making 7.5M. Still probably just as good of a player as he was 3 years ago, but the contractual situations and him being 3 years older definitely has decreased his value.

He was a UFA, and you know damn well he's worth all of what he's making.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
well ya he is worth less now, i wouldnt even give up the package in the OP, avs do not need that headache again
How do you figure that?

He was a UFA to be when Buffalo traded for him, and they had had no discussions with his agent before the trade. They took a huge gamble that he would re-sign in Buffalo.

Now he is signed long term. He has now proven that he can be a #1 C in the NHL, and an absolute workhorse for a team.
He logged the most minutes in the NHL (for a forward, and he was up there with the top defenseman in the NHL) over his first 2 seasons in Buffalo (he was playing about 30 mins a night), and most were some of the toughest minutes in the NHL too - as far as competition faced and d zone starts. Yet he still produced on the most offensively challenged team in the NHL.

-He has been one of the top 3 (iirc) C's in face off wins in the NHL over the past 3(+) years.

-He just broke the all time NHL record this season for faceoff wins in a single season.

-He had his 2nd highest point total of his career this year, on the lowest scoring team in the NHL.

-Even though he played a ton of minutes again this year, and lots of hard defensive minutes again, he only took ONE 2 minute penalty all season.

- he is still one of the better 2 way forwards in the NHL, and is easily still in his prime, and probably will be for the length of his contract (he will only be 31 or 32 when it's over).

-he is signed for 5 more years.

I just don't see any way that he is worth less than when Buffalo traded for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad