Proposal: ROR and Nylander for Bennett and Hamilton

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
I think if Calgary was to ever trade Hamilton, this is something that we would look at. We need offence and right handed shooters. Sabres could shore up their defence while adding a potential late bloomer in Bennett. Would both fan bases consider this? Calgary would need to make sure that Adam Fox was going to sign before they went ahead with this trade though imo.

Reactions: normaliswear

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Its so refreshing to see an offer for ROR on here that actually includes things the Sabres would want.

I dont understand why Hamilton or ROR are on the market, but for each other, that makes sense.

I think Buffalo adds a spare part, but definitely the basis of a deal.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Sorry but Hamilton is worth more than O'Reilly in my opinion, and Bennett is worth more than Alex Nylander. Bennett has disappointed for sure, but he's at least an NHL middle six forward. Nylander has struggled mightily at the AHL level so far.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think if Calgary was to ever trade Hamilton, this is something that we would look at. We need offence and right handed shooters. Sabres could shore up their defence while adding a potential late bloomer in Bennett. Would both fan bases consider this? Calgary would need to make sure that Adam Fox was going to sign before they went ahead with this trade though imo.
I wouldn't do that for Hamilton alone. Stop making terrible trade proposals

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Nylander is a total bust, and Bennett is a semi bust, so in relation to the other 2 they are irrelevant.

Hamilton is worth far more atm than RoR individually so I would say that the Flames pretty easily pass. Especially considering they are set with both their top 6 centers as is.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Nylander is a total bust, and Bennett is a semi bust, so in relation to the other 2 they are irrelevant.

Hamilton is worth far more atm than RoR individually so I would say that the Flames pretty easily pass. Especially considering they are set with both their top 6 centers as is.

You've got that backwards....

Go find your opinion of Bennett after his D+2 season... and you'll get it.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
So a player drafted 2 years ago, was sent to the AHL as a 18 year old is a total bust!

Guess that patients with prospects is out the window.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Nylander will have huge season With Roc this year, he had a good off season this past year (Got bigger/stronger) and then was got injured in training camp and didn't play until late November, then fell behind but picked it up the last 15 games, if he can build off that i think he could go 0.75-90 Ppg this year in the A, If he doesn't improve this year, I'd forsure call the him a bust, but i think he has more to show if fully healthy going into camp this year.

as for the trade, i Think it's fair, might add a 2nd on buffalo's side other than that i like it

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I wouldn’t trade Hamilton for that alone, let alone adding Bennett. Hasn’t there been enough of these?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
"Let alone" adding Bennett. Like he's wanted or valued. And Nylander just played two full AHL seasons before virtually every other drafted prospect is even eligible to START playing in the AHL.

Typical Hf. Nylander should have just spent the last two years in the OHL just destroying inferior competition because if he spent the last two seasons putting up a 2 ppg against players way too bad for him instead of playing pro hockey Nylander goes from total bust to best prospect in hockey.

Or do we forget he makes the WJC his bitch not once but twice in scoring.

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
I wouldn’t trade Hamilton for that alone, let alone adding Bennett. Hasn’t there been enough of these?
Really? I have no idea why ROR get's so underrated on here but it is getting old. I really think this helps both teams going forward 100 percent. I love Dougie Hamilton as much as the rest of Flames nation, but let's not pretend he is Drew Doughty here.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

As a fan on neither team, I think you did a really good job with need and value.
I'm sure there will be a bunch of fans from both sides who hate it but I could see a trade like this going down in reality.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
And the Flames will easily pass on a #2C making 7.5 million in exchange for a young top pairing RH offensive defenseman on a favorable contract
Cool. Keep your grubby mitts off of our ‘#2 C’ that lead the league in TOI, and I’ll steer clear of your ‘top pairing’ Dman that was 3rd in TOI on his own team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think this would be a great deal for both team, maybe work around with some cap dumps to make stop gap in development.

Something like:
ROR+Nylander+Bogo+2nd vs Hamilton+Brouwer+Bennett

Bogo has the same term as Brouwer but would act as a stop gap for Fox/Andersson to become ready. I added the 2nd cause I think Hamilton still holds a bit more value than ROR.

Maybe I'm way out of my league too, if that's the case, sorry to both fan bases.

Reactions: normaliswear

PeguffaloSabres

Aug 7, 2011
Sold. I like Bennett as a bottom 6 scorer.. I'm not sure how he's utilized, whether he's more of a winger or a center.. but if he's almost exclusively center, that's even better. How's his ability to play a defensive role?

PeguffaloSabres

Aug 7, 2011
Sorry but Hamilton is worth more than O'Reilly in my opinion, and Bennett is worth more than Alex Nylander. Bennett has disappointed for sure, but he's at least an NHL middle six forward. Nylander has struggled mightily at the AHL level so far.
If Nylander stays where he is now, then yeah, bad deal for Calgary. But Nylander's ceiling is way higher, and he is more built like a longer term prospect with huge upside, given his play style to this point. He's been set back by a bad groin injury. We're pretty anxious to see his development this year in the A.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Really? I have no idea why ROR get's so underrated on here but it is getting old. I really think this helps both teams going forward 100 percent. I love Dougie Hamilton as much as the rest of Flames nation, but let's not pretend he is Drew Doughty here.
Hamilton just turned 25 and is already a perennial top 20 offensive defenseman in the league. He has elite size and skating abilities, signed to a great contract. ROR is an elite 2C, overpaid by about 1.5 million, who puts himself first before his team. He’s basically a better version of Backlund and I have zero interest in moving Hamilton for a 15 point increase on something we already have. Maybe if we would have moved Backs it might have been possible but even then Hamilton is much more valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad