Proposal: ROR and Nylander for Bennett and Hamilton

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Hamilton and O'Reilly are close in value. ROR plays the most minutes, some of the hardest minutes, on a crap team, and still comes out with a 60 point season and is also one of the hardest working players in the game. Monahan would be absolutely thrilled to have ROR taking the hard match ups.

Last edited:

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Nylander is a total bust, and Bennett is a semi bust, so in relation to the other 2 they are irrelevant.

Hamilton is worth far more atm than RoR individually so I would say that the Flames pretty easily pass. Especially considering they are set with both their top 6 centers as is.
Nylander a total bust at the ripe age of 20? 0.52 PPG in the AHL on a mediocre AHL team wouldn't call him a bust at all Nylander is still a high end prospect , this is a really good proposal IMO

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Not close-

The value chain of the stated players is this: Hamilton > ROR > Bennett > Nylander -- this is pretty firmly established by third party fans in the myriad of ROR-Hamilton threads that have cropped up. So why would calgary give up the two better assets?

IMO this is the minimum deal (I wouldn't actually support it, but I'd see why it might happen): Hamilton + Bennett = Reinhart + ROR

Flame away.

Reactions: BurnEmUp

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Not close-

The value chain of the stated players is this: Hamilton > ROR > Bennett > Nylander -- this is pretty firmly established by third party fans in the myriad of ROR-Hamilton threads that have cropped up. So why would calgary give up the two better assets?

IMO this is the minimum deal (I wouldn't actually support it, but I'd see why it might happen): Hamilton + Bennett = Reinhart + ROR

Flame away.
You overrate your players.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I would only do like...

ROR + 2nd 2018

For

D. Hamilton

Personally, and I know I’m in the minority, I think ROR would help us in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: normaliswear

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I would only do like...

ROR + 2nd 2018

For

D. Hamilton

Personally, and I know I’m in the minority, I think ROR would help us in a lot of ways.

I've never questioned the worth of players such as Hamilton or Parayko, but honestly, these offers are being over bloated imo. Just as players like Hamilton and Parayko don't grow on trees, neither does ROR's.
The value of ROR to Buffalo is greater than that of Hamilton or Parayko to be quite frank about this. Buffalo DOES NOT need to move ROR, regardless of D man offered. They are clearly in the drivers seat on ANY ROR deal. Remember, Buffalo Sabres GM Jason Botterill IS NOT actively shopping ROR, and like any GM, he'll listen to what others care to come forward to offer. The deal will be to Buffalo's advantage, NOT the other way around.
It's time many fans wake up to this fact. Just saying it as it is.

Reactions: normaliswear

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You've got that backwards....

Go find your opinion of Bennett after his D+2 season... and you'll get it.

Bennett's D+2?
The season after he missed almost the entire regular year, followed up by being one of Calgary's best players on route to a second round playoff series... and following that up with a stellar 36 point rookie campaign playing a defensive role. IT's D+3, where Gulutzan rolls in, and the wheels fall off.

Calgary needs to get Sam back to that D+2 progression. They also need to get him away from AHL talent and guys who won't be in the league in short order.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Even if you want to argue that ROR is more impactful than dougie as a player (I disagree, obviously) you still have to concede that his age and contract make him more valuable than RoR. I wouldn't do the trade in one for one form (adding lesser picks doesn't fix it imo). I'd be willing to upgrade Bennett to Jankowski or ferland in my proposed swap if that helps the situation for Sabres fans but otherwise it's just not enough for dougie.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Nice proposal OP.

Would even add a little from Sabres POV but it is close enough as a basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad