Value of: Roman Josi

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
If Nashville is considering a full blown rebuild, I still think you keep Josi.

Trade guys like Duchene, Johansen, Granlund, Ekholm, Rinne, etc ahead of Josi. Retain salary as needed to get the best value in return, and then try and get a relatively quick turn around via those trades and keep something like Josi + Ellis + Forsberg going forward.

Reactions: goal1228

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Well we're not looking to move him and if we were we wouldn't be looking to get assets that our other players could get back.

A+ young players your team wouldn't want to give up...like Suzuki and Kotkaniemi gets us talking.

Lol, good luck with that. You're not getting a young star for him, and he'll be too old to skat when the Preds gets out of the gutter.

Caufield and a 1st, no way you get Suzuki and KK lol. Give your head a shake

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lol, good luck with that. You're not getting a young star for him, and he'll be too old to skat when the Preds gets out of the gutter.

I guess then we'll just have to keep him and have him teach our kids how to be badasses for when the next generation takes over. Gosh darn. How horrible.

Reactions: go4hockey

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I guess then we'll just have to keep him and have him teach our kids how to be badasses for when the next generation takes over. Gosh darn. How horrible.

NSH has one of the most horrible prospect pool in the NHL, it'll take them at least 3-4 years to get out of there. By the time your kids are ready to play in the NHL, Josi will be somewhere else.

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
NSH has one of the most horrible prospect pool in the NHL, it'll take them at least 3-4 years to get out of there. By the time your kids are ready to play in the NHL, Josi will be somewhere else.
Our forward Pool is poor. We still have good defensive prospects. Josi will be vital for their progression. Forwards are another issue. We might have 2 forwards with promise

Last edited:
Reactions: alexmanu

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Our forward Pool is poor. We still have good defensive prospects. Josi will be vital for their progression. Forwards are another issue. We might have 2 forwards with promise

Exactly. I don't think Josi moves for a number of reasons - the guy is only 30 which isn't ancient for a defenseman and can be an important part of a rebuild.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm expecting Josi will retire as a Predator. Pretty sure he's expecting it too. What a bizarre thread. He's not going to get traded.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Would have to start with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi for me.

We're hoping for it.

I... eh

No. No reason to fire sell Josi. Even if they did it would be a kings Ransom. High end offensive prospects and young offensive starts are what the preds will be after. I don’t see them trading Josi. He will be vital to the rebuild

Asking for Suzuki AND Kotkaniemi isn’t really fire selling Josi. It’s getting the moon and back for him. Jesus

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
I... eh

Asking for Suzuki AND Kotkaniemi isn’t really fire selling Josi. It’s getting the moon and back for him. Jesus
Did I ask for Suzuki or Kotkaniemi??? I said Caufield and other pieces. Yes asking for the moon for a player we have no reason to trade, is the Captain, reigning Norris winner and still having a productive season on a terrible preds team. I don’t see them trading him for people that can’t help develop the youth

Reactions: Viqsi

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
For Josi.
If Nashville is rebuilding.
Oilers offer.

D. Holloway.
Philip Broberg.
2021 First
James Neal

I think you start with Bouchard and Yamamoto.

Uh...yeah. That's the point, he's not available without great young players/prospects coming back. Montreal doesn't get the current Norris winner for a late 1st and a team's top 5-15 prospects just because they want him. Maybe you should give your head a shake?

Yes, he would absolutely get a young star back and no, he's definitely not too old to still be a capable defenseman once we get out of the gutter.

Our prospect pool has moved up quite a bit the last two drafts and we'll have a top 5 pick in this years draft along with whatever we get for Arvidsson, Granlund and Ekholm/Ellis.

We can build upon Tomasino, Top 5 pick and Askarov as a solid base while still holding on to Forsberg and Josi for good vet presence.

I... eh

And...Why are we moving him without getting the moon and back? I suspect whatever you're offering we can get by trading another player. Josi would have to cost.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Josi is one of my all time favs and I wanna see the guy win a cup, so I think I'd (sadly) be open to trading him. Expect nothing less than an EK65 return though

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think you start with Bouchard and Yamamoto.

Uh...yeah. That's the point, he's not available without great young players/prospects coming back. Montreal doesn't get the current Norris winner for a late 1st and a team's top 5-15 prospects just because they want him. Maybe you should give your head a shake?

Yes, he would absolutely get a young star back and no, he's definitely not too old to still be a capable defenseman once we get out of the gutter.

Our prospect pool has moved up quite a bit the last two drafts and we'll have a top 5 pick in this years draft along with whatever we get for Arvidsson, Granlund and Ekholm/Ellis.

We can build upon Tomasino, Top 5 pick and Askarov as a solid base while still holding on to Forsberg and Josi for good vet presence.

And...Why are we moving him without getting the moon and back? I suspect whatever you're offering we can get by trading another player. Josi would have to cost.

actually I ain’t offering nothing. I personally would have close to no appetite to acquire Josi. Very good player but our cap situation make it impossible to acquire him and without creating several holes in the line-up AND messing up our cap structure in the future.

You’ll also find that most teams don’t want to give away their best prospects/young players for a guy making 9M a year for 7 more years after this one and on the wrong side of 30 that a deal involving Josi and multiple young high end pieces is close to impossible to pull off.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
actually I ain’t offering nothing. I personally would have close to no appetite to acquire Josi. Very good player but our cap situation make it impossible to acquire him and without creating several holes in the line-up AND messing up our cap structure in the future.

You’ll also find that most teams don’t want to give away their best prospects/young players for a guy making 9M a year for 7 more years after this one and on the wrong side of 30 that a deal involving Josi and multiple young high end pieces is close to impossible to pull off.

Which is the point. We aren't giving him away.

Reactions: Viqsi

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky

And that's what we have been saying. He is not getting traded

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Look at the Karlsson trade for reference, remembering that Josi is already signed and for 2 mil less that him. 2 high end prospects, a first, a second, and a young-ish forward and defenseman back

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Look at the Karlsson trade for reference, remembering that Josi is already signed and for 2 mil less that him. 2 high end prospects, a first, a second, and a young-ish forward and defenseman back

aside from Norris who was a recent mid-first round pick, who’s the other high end prospect?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’d say Karlsson coming off his Ottawa playoffs was one of the best D of the generation.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Well we're not looking to move him and if we were we wouldn't be looking to get assets that our other players could get back.

A+ young players your team wouldn't want to give up...like Suzuki and Kotkaniemi gets us talking.

Doesn't matter. The habs aren't looking to move petry. Does that mean we will go ask for both Nico Hischier and jack Hughes to start the convo.

Erik Karlsson got traded for wayyy less than you're asking for so chill.

Last edited:

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Doesn't matter. The habs aren't looking to move petry. Does that mean we will go ask for both Nico Hischier and jack Hughes to start the convo.

Erik Karlsson got traded for wayyy less than you're asking for so chill.
Karlsson was also on the last year of his deal and facing UFA. Even if you think Josi drops off at the end, you should be expecting 4-5 years of Norris level play (and $9 per is a pretty reasonable salary for that).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad