OT: Roller Hockey Leagues in NJ

slackerracker

Jan 16, 2007
New jersey
ISCA in wallington like the guy says above is a pretty decent one. They have constant 10 game seasons that when over about 2 weeks later a fresh season starts. There are 8 divisions from beginner to some amateur roller pro league players in division 1. I've played there for a while and while the rink is pretty small it's not bad.

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
There's a small rink in Roseland in Essex county...trying to make a little mini league there. I'll keep you posted.

And there's full sized rink at Lurker Park in East Hanover.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Wallington is building a new fullsize rink - should open by fall.

Edison (Inman Sports Club) has tons of leagues. Morristown (Instant Replay) has leagues but the rink's even smaller than wallington, and it's dirty, and the referees have no clue about the rules of hockey.

slackerracker

Jan 16, 2007
New jersey
Wallington is building a new fullsize rink - should open by fall.

Edison (Inman Sports Club) has tons of leagues. Morristown (Instant Replay) has leagues but the rink's even smaller than wallington, and it's dirty, and the referees have no clue about the rules of hockey.

if wallington meaning ISCA, they have been building a new rink for the last 5 years now. If it opens by fall i'll be surprised as they continually seem to have issues with the buildings/land they get. I'd definitely like to see them build a new place but i've kind of lost hope in that they will anytime soon.

rockhoppers0809

hockeytruths.webs.co
Jun 23, 2009
yeah me and my friends played at roseland the other day i live like right in that area keep me posted if you make a league

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
I think there's a league over in Hoboken and the outdoor rink is getting a facelift too.

On a side note, are there any leagues that are deck hockey or "ball hockey" only?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
There's a small rink in Roseland in Essex county...trying to make a little mini league there. I'll keep you posted.

And there's full sized rink at Lurker Park in East Hanover.

Let me know if you get a league going. I would definitely have enough for a team.

Muttley*

I play ice for high school and for a club team and play roller with my friends. It is really fun.

yeah, ice is fun too.

I would think that it was popular as it would be cheaper and more convenient to play as it can be played outdoors without ice, but people mentioned ICSA in Wallington which is indoor.

I've always been curious as to why people stick with inline. I never played it so I wouldn't know.

Your H.S. has roller hockey?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Question: Why do people play roller hockey? Is it cheaper?

I've played ice hockey since I was 7 or 8 years old, and roller is easier because if you want to put a team together for a league, you need fewer players (and it's also much less expensive and more laid back).

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
yeah, ice is fun too.

I would think that it was popular as it would be cheaper and more convenient to play as it can be played outdoors without ice, but people mentioned ICSA in Wallington which is indoor.

I've always been curious as to why people stick with inline. I never played it so I wouldn't know.

Your H.S. has roller hockey?

Nope, only ice hockey. I play roller at the rink in Roseland.

Muttley*

Exactly. You don't really have to worry about positioning or strategies or anything. Just go out and play.

so it's a 4 on 4 free for all with nobody playing defense, with one person just hogging the puck and trying to show off?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
so it's a 4 on 4 free for all with nobody playing defense, with one person just hogging the puck and trying to show off?

Haha if you are on a bad team. Kid Robot is making a league in Roseland and I am planning on having my tema play a good team game. In the games that I have played in, there was a ton of passing and back checking. It depends on who you play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad