OT: Rogers unveils full broadcasting lineup

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/healy-hrudey-headline-sportsnet-broadcast-team/

BwJU5jZIQAEfeY0.png

:facepalm:

My reaction to seeing Healy and Stock back:

863429844.gif

863429224.gif

863429356.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Romanuk and Randorf for Toronto? Ouch. Leafs games are going to start sounding a lot like the Spengler Cup.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Thank goodness they don't ignore the millions leaf fans who can't stand heels.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Damien Cox is also a giant turd. Guy is like Emilio Bonifacio: Covers lots of positions, but none of them well at all.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Do you know why they bring back Healey and Hrudy?

Because they are going to get reaction out of them and cause people to talk about the product. ALL good news for Rogers.

To be honest, I'm going to listen to their analysis and may pick up some things, but I'm watching the game because of the Maple Leafs and not some announcer. You can always mute the TV too.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Do you know why they bring back Healey and Hrudy?

Because they are going to get reaction out of them and cause people to talk about the product. ALL good news for Rogers.

I don't think consistently poor quality of programming is something they should be proud of.

There's annoying, then there's just bad analysis.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Joe Bowen is radio only (all 82 and hopefully ++++) for both Rogers/TSN (which means Jon Abbot is out of a job, which i know blasted_Sabre is happy about).

What irks me is... WHY can't we have Bob Cole back? They hired him. they're going to use him. Most leafs fans on twitter want him back. so we're stuck with who? for regional and Hughson for National, where Montreal gets Cole AGAIN (i'm imagining).

Pang & Johnson coming over doesn't surprise me. If TSN is only doing Ottawa/Winnipeg + 24 Leafs games there's not a lot of work for them vs. doing more for Sportsnet. What is surprising me is that more TSN talent DIDN'T go over. but loyalty i suppose.

All i know is, my out of town option is going to get a massive workout if i don't like what Rogers is providing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad