Rogers Place: part II: What is the good, the bad, the ugly what to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Nickelback should get a banner since they sold so many tickets in Edmonton over the years.

Also let's replace the Gretzky statue with a statue of Garth Brooks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think Garth Brooks is a phenomenal artist, nice, charitable guy, and has set the bar for shows here with 9 consecutive sellouts over a couple weeks. But they shouldn't be putting up a banner for him next to the hockey guys. Ridiculous. Put a big pic of him performing here on one of the many vacant wall spaces and stick a plaque beside it, commemorating his record shows, and leave more spaces available for other big acts who come through. Leave the banners for the primary tenants who are there 9 months/year. If he discovers a cure for cancer, put a statue of him outside city hall.

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Garth Brooks is a champion in a different field. I would almost guarantee that more people in Edmonton know who Garth Brooks is than Al Hamilton.

Good for him. He doesn't operate out of Edmonton though. A plaque or whatever is fine. Hell, a banner hanging somewhere other than the rafters would be fine with me.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
Nickelback should get a banner since they sold so many tickets in Edmonton over the years.

Also let's replace the Gretzky statue with a statue of Garth Brooks

Sure, if Nickelback can sell out 9 shows in 6 days and give back to local charities and have a top 20 grossing tour of all time, then sure give them a banner too.

But I guess I don't have the same religious reverence for a piece of fabric hanging from the roof that others have. :sarcasm:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Sure, if Nickelback can sell out 9 shows in 6 days and give back to local charities and have a top 20 grossing tour of all time, then sure give them a banner too.

But I guess I don't have the same religious reverence for a piece of fabric hanging from the roof that others have. :sarcasm:

Then you really shouldn't care if there's a banner or not, yet you are arguing for it.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
Then you really shouldn't care if there's a banner or not, yet you are arguing for it.

I don't care. A piece of fabric hanging from the rafters doesn't belittle the career of Wayne Gretzky, and it doesn't sully the 1990 Stanley cup win. I just find it silly that people are upset by something so trivial.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't care. A piece of fabric hanging from the rafters doesn't belittle the career of Wayne Gretzky, and it doesn't sully the 1990 Stanley cup win. I just find it silly that people are upset by something so trivial.

People love tradition. Nothing wrong with that. Rexall had the giant action photos of musical stars that came through on many of the walls. Great idea that they should continue.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Hockey is steeped in tradition, and reverence. Are you really surprised people are prickly over this? I'm not. I'm sure on the Garth Brooks message board, they're less inclined to be upset.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And here is the best part of the announcement.

"Garth Brooks and Ticketmaster have been working together for more than twenty years to ensure tickets get into the hands of real fans."

Nothing against Brooks, but, TM getting tickets into the hands of real fans?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::shakehead
Excuse me while I ****ing laugh. Guess that's why when a show sells out in 15 minutes, about 10,000 tickets show up immediately after on places like Stubhub for triple the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad