Rogers Place Construction - Part VII - Now with more corporate sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
This will be the skeleton of the building, the red parts denote steel and the bottom section is what is seen in the above picture.

OaxgZUN.jpg

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This will be the skeleton of the building, the red parts denote steel and the bottom section is what is seen in the above picture.

OaxgZUN.jpg

I'm equally excited for this to start shaping up as I am for the arena. From the earlier picture, looks like it's not too far away from starting to rise upwards.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Come on guys. Ford hall Cant be as bad as detroits new name for their actual new arena. :laugh:

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Katz is already going to make tons of money already. you'd think his group would have been ok with it remaining the winter garden in some capacity.
They could have had conditions on what it could be named.

Ford Hall has no class. sounds like a Quonset hut.

Since when has any business been happy with only selling a portion of their ad space?

Obviously they weren't going to let them name it something offensive, it would be approved by the katz group.

Never said it sounded good, just disagreed with your opinion that the katz group was trying to avoid having people call it the winter garden and omitting the name Ford, when it would be Ford that would be doing that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Still think Detroit's should be called Little Caesars Pizz-Arena

Well played. :D

Seriously though...Ford Hall...talk about lame.

I think it will end up being the same as Commonwealth. Nobody calls it the Brick Field. If they do they should be publically flogged.

I will be calling it the Winter Garden....not Ford Hall.
I suspect I wont be alone.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Classic.

Not quite the same as 'Ford Hall' but certainly illustrative of where things are headed.

Scary to think that many people actually embrace this over extension of corporatism.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Does anyone know how many pokestops there will be at the new arena distric?? I could see that being a great place for lure mods

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Are they really going to sell out Rogers Place for the Oil Kings game on Sept 24th? I'm seeing only 3 sections available in the 200 level available on ticketmaster. Nothing lower bowl.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Are they really going to sell out Rogers Place for the Oil Kings game on Sept 24th? I'm seeing only 3 sections available in the 200 level available on ticketmaster. Nothing lower bowl.

I think they will. for people wanting to check out the new arena and see a hockey game, Oil kings would be your best bet. you could actually get a ticket, and it's way cheaper than the Oilers.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Seems weird, Maybe a typical Ticketmaster snafu of not releasing all tickets. Canada Russia game has not too many tickets sold and only lower bowl available. My hunch is they're having some kind of error with the home opener. Didn't they just become available?

Anyway, good way to see the new barn for 20 bucks. That's reasonable. Glad to see fans in this hard hit economy are getting that option.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Seems weird, Maybe a typical Ticketmaster snafu of not releasing all tickets. Canada Russia game has not too many tickets sold and only lower bowl available. My hunch is they're having some kind of error with the home opener. Didn't they just become available?

Anyway, good way to see the new barn for 20 bucks. That's reasonable. Glad to see fans in this hard hit economy are getting that option.

Try to get into a restaurant in this city on a Friday or Saturday and tell me that.;)

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
No tickets available now. I'll wait and see if that changes in the next couple days. Maybe an error who knows.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
No tickets available now. I'll wait and see if that changes in the next couple days. Maybe an error who knows.

Last time I saw something like this was the Womens FIFA tournament here last year when Ticketmaster was only releasing blocks of tickets at a time for the opener.

Sometimes its intentional to create attention, buzz, and a notion an event is selling out to stimulate sales. Other time its a flat out mistake. But for no tickets at all to be available? that's a pretty damn quick sellout if that is legit. Like has anything like this ever happened in league junior hockey anywhere? :amazed:

Great for the Oil Kings if it is. But like I say I can't understand Canada Russia sales being slow when I last checked. Rather see that game. They way I look at it Arena will be more finished then as well so win/win. I can wait for it.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
What I find weird is they only have 3 Oil King games available. What about the rest of their season?

They have the Opener on the 24th and then no other games available till Feb 24/25th when they're in Prince George.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
^ When are they going to show these scenes based on the middle of January snow storm with 30 Km/h winds in - 40 degree temps?

Just curious.

:naughty:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ok... now lets photoshop in some brown windrows and sandy brown pact snow covering the pavement....

Ok, but probably simpler to imagine that an this new with this much investment will likely be well maintained when it comes to the predictable snow fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad