Rochester Americans: 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
For an update, we’re now 5 minutes into the 3rd period and the Amerks have 10 shots on goal. Absolutely disgusted with how they’ve played.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
For an update, we’re now 5 minutes into the 3rd period and the Amerks have 10 shots on goal. Absolutely disgusted with how they’ve played.

Thought they were supposed to be good this year. Know they are missing some guys who were expected to be contributors (Griffith, Bailey, Tennyson, maybe Rodrigues too) but this bad? The organization is a mess.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Thought they were supposed to be good this year. Know they are missing some guys who were expected to be contributors (Griffith, Bailey, Tennyson, maybe Rodrigues too) but this bad? The organization is a mess.
You and me both. They neglected the forwards and signed nothing but defensemen. The issue with that is the forwards are so awful that the defense is pressured constantly. There’s no speed or talent at forward. Charlotte has skated circles around the Amerks to the point where it’s embarrassing.

It’s a huge mess. The day Griffith made Buffalo a move should’ve been made to help out the Amerks but it didn’t happen. I’m very disappointed in Botterill and Sexton with how they’ve set up this group of forwards for failure. It didn’t help that Ullmark let in 4 bad goals.

MattyB101

Mar 9, 2014
Rochester NY
You and me both. They neglected the forwards and signed nothing but defensemen. The issue with that is the forwards are so awful that the defense is pressured constantly. There’s no speed or talent at forward. Charlotte has skated circles around the Amerks to the point where it’s embarrassing.

It’s a huge mess. The day Griffith made Buffalo a move should’ve been made to help out the Amerks but it didn’t happen. I’m very disappointed in Botterill and Sexton with how they’ve set up this group of forwards for failure. It didn’t help that Ullmark let in 4 bad goals.

Agreed, though I would add not so much just Griffith staying up, but also Nylander and ERod getting injured. Three of the top 6 out, and a whole lot of nothing in terms of patching it up.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Agreed, though I would add not so much just Griffith staying up, but also Nylander and ERod getting injured. Three of the top 6 out, and a whole lot of nothing in terms of patching it up.
What I don’t get is that Paetsch gets hurt and Fedun gets called up and they go out and sign Percy. Great.

But when Griffith makes Buffalo, Rodrigues gets hurts, Bailey gets called up, Nylander’s injury lingers and they have done absolutely nothing to reinforce the offense. It’s very discouraging. I don’t want to hear how early it is. This is a problem and it needs to be addressed.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Took in the Amerks game last night and I have one thing to say about it...remember the name Nedeljkovic...that kid is going to be Carolina's starting goalie at some point.

He was fantastic, Ullmark not so much. Wilcox stopped the bleeding for the most part but you can't win giving up three super-soft goals against a good team.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Tonight's Game -
The Rochester Americans look to snap a two-game losing streak toight as they renew their rivalry with the Utica Comets at The Blue Cross Arena for the second time in the last eight days. Tonight’s 7:05 pm.faceoff will be the second of ten meetings this season between the cross-state foes and also will be carried LIVE on The Sports Leader 95.7 FM/950 AM ESPN Rochester.

Rest Of The Game Preview - http://www.amerks.com/preview/20171021

Tonight's Game Rosters - http://amerks.com/downloads/20171021-AmerksCometsRosters.pdf

Tonight's Game Notes - http://amerks.com/downloads/20171021-Amerks-Utica Notes.pdf

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
This team needs a shake up on offense and it has to happen this week. I don’t care about hearing that it’s too early. This is unacceptable. The reality is they still don’t have a 1C and no scoring threats at wing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's some epic level suck on the PK to have outshot the Comets nearly 2-1 and yet have given up 4 PPGA.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
They're missing Falk, Fedun, Tennyson, Redmond, and Paetsch

That's an entire D corp

GM can only do so much about injuries.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Devante Stephens from the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.

A native of Surrey, British Columbia, the 20-year-old Stephens appeared in two games with the Cyclones to begin the 2017-2018 season, making his professional debut against Kalamazoo on October 14.

Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-1, 176-pound blueliner played three seasons with the Kelowna Rockets, recording 57 points (19+38) and a plus-56 rating in 203 career WHL games. He set career-highs in goals (13), assists (22) and points (35) last season and helped the Rockets capture the Ed Chynoweth Cup as WHL champions during his rookie campaign in 2014-2015.

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The issue is more on offense in my mind. Need external help beyond what’s available within the organization.

Ehh.. Nylander and Malone have been injured. Griffith has been up with the club because Rodrigues has been injured. Bailey got called up because of injuries. Baptiste was hopeful to make the big club and has been invisible for you guys. They've been wooing Gionta.. I'm giving Botteril/Sexton the benefit of the doubt here.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Not to mention that a big part of Housley's system relies on the defense, and if 5/6 of your starters are out, you are undercutting your offense with that alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad