Rochester Americans: 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
None of this bodes well for the Sabres' future. Nice to have a decent AHL team with 3 or 4 future nhlers. Is that too much to hope for? Might it be just around the corner or will we need talent so badly in the Sabres' lineup that management will rush anyone with talent right into the nhl lineup?
I mean I think this Amerks team will be good when all is said and done. I want to see them with Rodrigues and Nylander and hopefully Griffith eventually. But there isn’t much NHL future on this team. I’m pretty solid of the opinion Bailey and Baptiste won’t amount to much. Too early to judge Guhle but he clearly has the talent. But he’ll need a year in the AHL at least.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
None of this bodes well for the Sabres' future. Nice to have a decent AHL team with 3 or 4 future nhlers. Is that too much to hope for? Might it be just around the corner or will we need talent so badly in the Sabres' lineup that management will rush anyone with talent right into the nhl lineup?

The sky is falling.....

Baptiste, bailey, fasching, Rodrigues with buffali next year, Nylander might.

UFA are jane, poulloit, josrfson, and nolan. There won't be any rushing players up.

On the current roster you have...kane, poullot, Josefson, Nolan are UFAs

Rochester should add...Mittlestadt, Pu, Asplund, Olaffsson. I see them adding a few of their college players from 2015 draft and earlier.

Last edited:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
If people think it’s a given that Bailey, Baptiste and Fasching will be NHLers by next season, they’re setting themselves up for disappointment. I’d be impressed if one of them is.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
well, here's a small shake-up. hope Bailey can infuse some much needed energy into the lineup. Would love to see him replace Pouliot. Too bad Rodrigues is hurt.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Don't care for Moulson at all, but Griffith is pretty useless as a 4th liner as well. Hope he gets waived down to help Rochester.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
If people think it’s a given that Bailey, Baptiste and Fasching will be NHLers by next season, they’re setting themselves up for disappointment. I’d be impressed if one of them is.
I haven't been able to catch a game yet this season, but have these guys not been playing very well? Do you see them in an NHL role at all in the future?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I haven't been able to catch a game yet this season, but have these guys not been playing very well? Do you see them in an NHL role at all in the future?
Bailey has been the best of the bunch by far. He played really well last night, but his issue has always been consistency. Baptiste has been terrible so far. Just completely invisible. They are counting on him to provide offense. Fasching is okay, he’s just really slow and it seems to cause his ineffectiveness.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
They love veteran defensemen. I think it’s a great move with Paetsch hurt. They really need another top 6 forward though. Huge hole in the lineup, even beyond Bailey and Nylander.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
They love veteran defensemen. I think it’s a great move with Paetsch hurt. They really need another top 6 forward though. Huge hole in the lineup, even beyond Bailey and Nylander.
This also probably says a lot about what the Sabres think of Stephens, Martin and Florentino. Paetsch gets hurt and then they just go out and sign another vet. Those guys are a ways away from an AHL chance.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Percy does not count towards the vet limit, either. It seems Sexton and Botterill target that type of player who has a lot of experience but is not considered a "veteran" by the AHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

They may have known Fedun was going up and made a pre-emptive move there too. Does Nylander finally play this weekend? I haven't heard if he's going to go.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
They may have known Fedun was going up and made a pre-emptive move there too. Does Nylander finally play this weekend? I haven't heard if he's going to go.
No. He’s not skating yet. Malone should play, however.

I’d like to see them look at Teddy Purcell. Old, yes. But good numbers last year in the AHL and really could help.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Tonight's Game - The Rochester Americans continue their three-game homestand tonight when they host the interconference rival Charlotte Checkers in the first-ever meeting between the two teams at The Blue Cross Arena. Game time is slated for a 7:05 pm start and will be carried LIVE on The Sports Leader 95.7 FM/950 AM ESPN Rochester.

Rest Of The Game Preview - http://www.amerks.com/preview/20171020

Tonight's Rosters - http://amerks.com/downloads/20171020-AmerksCheckersRosters.pdf
Tonight's Game Notes - http://amerks.com/downloads/20171020-AmerksCheckersRosters.pdf

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@AmerksHockey -
#AmerksGOAL @AdamKrause26 with his first of the season.
7:47 into the opening frame! Lone assist to @SahirGill28.

Zach Redmond doubles the #Amerks lead with a power-play goal with 1:37 left in the first frame!
#Amerks tally a pair of goals during the first frame - take a 2-0 lead into the intermission break.

The #Checkers trim the #Amerks lead in half - less than three minutes into the second period.
@CheckersHockey - We're on the board! A wraparound goal from Zack Stortini makes it 2-1!

Last edited:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Ullmark has given up 3 bad goals and the Amerks blew a 2 goal lead. They also have 8 shots on goal with 5 minutes remaining in the second period. Nothing has changed from last season. Outposessed, outskated and outworked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad