Rochester Americans: 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Shootout loss. Smith and Griffith in the shootout. Cornel shot first and failed to score, Blackwell shot 4th and failed to score.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Shootout loss. Smith and Griffith in the shootout. Cornel shot first and failed to score, Blackwell shot 4th and failed to score.
I didn’t watch the game, but come on. Twice they’ve lost to this lousy team in a matter of a couple weeks. They’re great at getting games to OT and then losing. They continue to be a good team that just can’t get over the hump of being a great team.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I didn’t watch the game, but come on. Twice they’ve lost to this lousy team in a matter of a couple weeks. They’re great at getting games to OT and then losing. They continue to be a good team that just can’t get over the hump of being a great team.

They have points in 8 straight.

Let’s dial it back a tad.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't you bad mouth Cornel, he is what will bring the Sabres back to relevance.

Well, the Sabres already seem loaded with guys who will take an ill-timed penalty that leads to a go-ahead goal. The difference seems to be that the rest of the Amerks don't go quietly.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Rochester Americans‏ @AmerksHockey -
Game On! Go Amerks!
Redmond GOAL! 1-0 Amerks halfway through the first.
A perfect pass from Griffith helped Redmond to his 5th goal on the year.

Malone to the sin bin for holding. Sound Tigers are on the power play.
AMERKS SHORTHANDED GOAL! Blackwell from Baptiste, making it 2-0 Amerks with two minutes left in the first.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Rochester Americans‏ @AmerksHockey -
The sandwich stanza is underway. Go Amerks!
Ben Holmstrom and Dalton Smith get after it with a fight. They each get 5 for fighting.
Sound Tigers Goal. Casey Bailey with his fifth of the season. 2-1 Amerks with 12 minutes remaining in the second.
We've got ourselves another fight. Dalton Smith again, this time against Seth Helgeson.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
So is that an 8 game point streak - then 1 regulation loss - followed right back up by a current 9 game point streak? Seems pretty great to me...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just imagine if they can get healthy -- arguably their two best defensemen are both out long-term.

Also full marks for them finding Criscuolo and Blackwell. If only Sexton could turn up some of those sorts for the NHL roster too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is the sort of organizational wins that they need. It wasn't really the "prospects" doing the heavy lifting, it was the vets (and in support of a sometimes shakey backup too) and they come out with two points.

Reactions: LaxSabre

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Should we put out an APB for Justin Bailey? By my math, he's only played one game since Halloween. Did he return too quickly from the injury suffered in Buffalo? Any estimated return date? I see that he's day-to-day, but he's had that status for about two weeks.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Should we put out an APB for Justin Bailey? By my math, he's only played one game since Halloween. Did he return too quickly from the injury suffered in Buffalo? Any estimated return date? I see that he's day-to-day, but he's had that status for about two weeks.
I feel like he’s been day to day since late October. Taylor gave an odd answer about him a couple weeks ago as well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I feel like he’s been day to day since late October. Taylor gave an odd answer about him a couple weeks ago as well.

That's what I recall as well right after Bailey returned. I took it at the time that something was amiss from an attitude perspective but perhaps it is something is amiss from the injury perspective.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This Amerks team is built to win it all.
I am very happy for them, they seem to be a group with chemistry.

Good job management, good job.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
I know it's premature but are the AHL playoff spots done the same way as the NHL? Top 3 in each division then 2 wildcards, by points?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I know it's premature but are the AHL playoff spots done the same way as the NHL? Top 3 in each division then 2 wildcards, by points?
Top four from each division. I'd assume it's done that way because of how wildly unbalanced the schedules are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad