Rochester Americans: 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I really doubt Moulson is going to play on the 4th line. It would be surprising. He’s going to get some good linemates and play on the power play.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I really doubt Moulson is going to play on the 4th line. It would be surprising. He’s going to get some good linemates and play on the power play.
I imagine he will still be productive in Rochester. He still has skill, just not enough to warrant an NHL roster spot. Also, not sure Botts would pull a guy who has producing like Rodriguez to leave a winning team/culture to play for the sabres whose seen is unsalvageable.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

With four more points (1+3) through the weekend, including a three-point effort in Saturday's win at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, forward C.J. Smith now leads the Amerks in all offensive categories with 7 goals, 16 assists and 23 points while being one of just three skaters to appear in all 22 games this season.

Smith ranks second among all AHL rookies in scoring and is tied for sixth overall among the league's top point-getters. He's also tied for second among all first-year skaters with 11 power-play points, including a team-best three power-play tallies. Smith is currently one of just two AHL rookies to lead his respective team in scoring, joining Tucson's Dylan Strome.

Amerks Scoring Leaders - 1. C.J. Smith: 7 G - 16 A - 23 PTS - 2. Sahir Gill: 6 G - 10 A - 16 PTS -
3. Steve Moses: 6 G - 8 A - 14 PTS - Kevin Porter: 5 G - 9 A - 14 PTS - Brendan Guhle: 5 G - 9 A - 14 PTS.

Rest Of The Amerks Update - Smith up to 6th in AHL scoring after 4-point weekend for Amerks

Last edited:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Haven’t seen anything official on Moulson yet. They have to make a roster move as they’re over the limit with him. When Tennyson and Griffith cleared they immediately sent them down.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Ullmark channeling his inner Lehner on that wraparound.

Griffith looks like he has the tools to play in the NHL but was unable to prove it thus far, granted the Sabres are awful so I don't see many Amerk call ups looking good.

Still no clue who Smith which is odd considering hes leading the team in points.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Haven’t seen anything official on Moulson yet. They have to make a roster move as they’re over the limit with him. When Tennyson and Griffith cleared they immediately sent them down.

He cleared waivers but I haven't seen an assignment. It wouldn't surprise me if they just tell him to go home and stay home.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
He cleared waivers but I haven't seen an assignment. It wouldn't surprise me if they just tell him to go home and stay home.
Seems odd they would specify “for purpose of assignment” yesterday when they announced it. He can help be Amerks, hope he gets assigned and reports.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems odd they would specify “for purpose of assignment” yesterday when they announced it. He can help be Amerks, hope he gets assigned and reports.

That quote didn't say they were sending him to the Amerks which was what made me twitch.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well that explains that. From a productivity standpoint, I can understand why Moulson in Rochester would have been useful. But this also honors through request of the player, which is the sort of thing that these guys remember. Well Kim and Terry Haven’t installed the right GM yet (or maybe they have), They do take great links to make sure that they take care of their players. That’s the sort of thing that will have ramifications later on.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This popped up in my FB feed this morning and I thought I would share it here:

I just have to share this story...

A couple of months ago, toward the end of summer, I was sitting on the porch with some friends. A guy runs by the house, runs back in reverse and yells “What way do they shoot?” Pointing at the nets in the driveway. I say “left” and he says “I’ll be back with sticks. I see the kids out here all the time. I’ll be back.” And he leaves. I’ve seen him here and there since, running when I’ve been driving on my street. Today Mike was home working on the rink and the guy comes back and hands Mike 2 left handed pro sticks. Mike says thank you so much, I’m Mike. The guy says, nice to meet you, I’m Chris Taylor. Mike figured he had to be in hockey, so he came in and googled Chris Taylor...yep, head coach of the Rochester Americans!!!

I’m so thankful for continuous examples of good, kind, thoughtful people in this world!!

And just another reason we love hockey!!!!!

Mike is my beer league teammate. His son played on a team with my older son when they were mites.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
He's so busy with his two kids who play travel hockey that he probably doesn't know anyone on the Amerks.
Surprising since he’s basically been part of the Amerks since the late 90s. The Amerks do a terrible job of marketing themselves. Good story, Taylor is a great guy.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was poking around Wikipedia looking at the last few Amerks coaches we've had (which I had already largely forgotten about most of them) when I came across the name "Peanuts O'Flaherty" and my life is now complete. I can die happy knowing a person named Peanuts O'Flaherty once coached the Amerks.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was poking around Wikipedia looking at the last few Amerks coaches we've had (which I had already largely forgotten about most of them) when I came across the name "Peanuts O'Flaherty" and my life is now complete. I can die happy knowing a person named Peanuts O'Flaherty once coached the Amerks.
Looking further...my goodness, we have a long proud history of hiring almost stereotypically Irish coaches. Peanuts O'Flaherty, Roly McLenahan, Bucko MacDonald...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Pat Kelly was probably an Irish dude as well. It's like a list of potential names for an Irish pub.

Side note - If I open an Irish bar in Rochester, I'm totally naming it Peanuts O'Flaherty's.

Reactions: joshjull

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Looking further...my goodness, we have a long proud history of hiring almost stereotypically Irish coaches. Peanuts O'Flaherty, Roly McLenahan, Bucko MacDonald...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Pat Kelly was probably an Irish dude as well. It's like a list of potential names for an Irish pub.

Side note - If I open an Irish bar in Rochester, I'm totally naming it Peanuts O'Flaherty's.

Flaherty's in Webster was one of my favorite places to go when I lived in Rochester. Just buy that place, and add "Peanuts O" on the sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad