McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Another prayer at D aka ADA Gilmour Pionk

Plan (aka Prayer) is that one of them will actually amount to something

Nothing to lose at this point

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If he can turn in to a nice #7 he's a good guy to keep around. It was proven this year that most teams need about 10 NHL defensemen in a season. Kampfer is signed for another year. Sign O'Gara to a 2-year extension in the off-season. There's 2 of your 10. Neither guy should be an everyday player (barring a significant improvement) but depth is still needed

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Having him paired with Staal is moronic. I feel like he'd be fine with someone a bit faster. Having two slow, lumbering guys out there makes zero sense.

But AV.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I haven't been impressed. Losses his checks often.

He's struggling with the system, but also losing his man. Lets see if he can turn it around.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I’m down on his turning ability. I think his straight ahead speed is fine, but he isn’t very good at turning his body, even to the point of looking stiff out there, which is rare.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm willing to give him more time because we know how long it takes new D to adjust to AV's system but based off of what I've seen, he looks like a second Marc Staal.

Great for the tank, bad for winning games.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's fine for the tank. But really there aren't many other options right now. Recall Smith? I think the Rangers have decided he will not be back this year. We've just gotten Bigras. There's Sproul. They'd probably be better but don't get your hopes up too high. There's Pedrie. Crawley's hurt I suspect. He hasn't been playing. And then Zborovskiy toiling away in the ECHL and apparently he's got some serious skating issues. Those are the other options.

It can be atrocious to watch but there is a silver lining here. The Sedin's tomorrow should pick our D apart from top to bottom. Vancouver passes us. Edmonton passes us. Montreal passes us. Maybe even Ottawa if we're real lucky. What if at the end of the season we're sitting at No. 3. The No. 3 team has a 31.2% chance of drafting Dahlin. Eyes on the prize everybody.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I refuse to evaluate anyone given the current state of the roster and that AV is still around.

The entire reason why I advocate for firing him now. How honest can your late season evaluations possibly be with him still there?

Otherwise, I would say let him stay until April.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean he obviously doesn't look great, but I don't think it's a huge leap from where he is to serviceable 6/7. Particularly if he's in a system that doesn't emphasize man coverage. I have no real hopes for him but will not judge him on what I see the remainder of the season. Honestly I'd be more inclined to evaluate him in Hartford.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
tenor.gif

Reactions: Grumpy Humphrey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad