Player Discussion Rob O'Gara

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
People are going to hate me...but I actually really liked Nick holdens game...he was just woefully mismanaged by vigneault.

Holden playing 12 mins a night in a sheltered role is awesome. Holden playing 20 mins on the top pair? Fml

Ogara...at least from what I've seen...is not an nhl player
...but again...the system...I need to see more.

Holden is a valuable player at his 1.65m AAV if you use him right.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think O'Gara should be viewed as what he is: AHL defenseman who should only see NHL minutes if 3 or 4 D-men are out.

Now that we are out of the playoffs, I don't see a big problem with him playing. See what he has to offer, since he is a pending FA

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think he's been terrible. Guitly of puck watching while losing his man consistently.

The structure isn't there from the system, and I'm rooting for the local boy.

But I'd like to see him benched in favor of Sproul... not going to happen with the 4 call up rule, and 2 of those being earmarked for Chytil and Lias.

Guy's got good size, and can skate, but losing guys in coverage like bantam players... that's tough to watch.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If there is a switch to zone d. I'm okay with Robo Gara and Kampfer being the 7th & 8th D while some kids get minutes in the minors.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'd be genuinely curious to see an O'Gara/Doughty or O'Gara/Karlsson pairing.

Is he as elite a burden as those guys are defensemen? Who knows.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd be genuinely curious to see an O'Gara/Doughty or O'Gara/Karlsson pairing.

Is he as elite a burden as those guys are defensemen? Who knows.
O’Gara-Karlsson would be beyond ugly defensively

McLeod>O’Gara
(Sort of a joke)

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think he's been terrible. Guitly of puck watching while losing his man consistently.

The structure isn't there from the system, and I'm rooting for the local boy.

But I'd like to see him benched in favor of Sproul... not going to happen with the 4 call up rule, and 2 of those being earmarked for Chytil and Lias.

Guy's got good size, and can skate, but losing guys in coverage like bantam players... that's tough to watch.
He has been pretty poor. However, not according to AV. This is from the other week but I believe our coach described him as "good size, good stick, good defender". Figures

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Why is he even here? I can't watch much more of him.

We didn't obviously go all out to ice a team trying to lose every game, however, I think JG thought (with this D) we'd not have picked up as many points as we have already. In fact, really how many of us thought we'd have the run of points we've picked up after the deadline.

It may be going a bit tits up in regard to where we may be picking, depending upon whom they had their eye on of course. Lottery aside.

O'Gara certainly helps team tank.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Maybe they can flip him for a seventh or something. I don't see him in the plans beyond the end of the season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If AV is still coaching us, he probably will be in the lineup next year.

AV literally just loves awful defenseman. It's that cut and dry at this point.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
If AV is still coaching us, he probably will be in the lineup next year.

AV literally just loves awful defenseman. It's that cut and dry at this point.
If AV is still here next season I wouldn’t be surprised to see O Gara on the 1st pairing
I want see what Bigras can do, he was once a real good prospect and he’s a PMD with really good skating. His offense isn’t there but he can move the puck and he isn’t bad defensively. He just faced a lot of injuries throughout his career

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If AV is still here next season I wouldn’t be surprised to see O Gara on the 1st pairing
I want see what Bigras can do, he was once a real good prospect and he’s a PMD with really good skating. His offense isn’t there but he can move the puck and he isn’t bad defensively. He just faced a lot of injuries throughout his career

A guy who can skate and move the puck but doesn't score a ton is much more likely to be good defensively than some big, physical dope like O'Gara.

Same goes for ADA. His possession numbers are great this year and I think he can be a good defenseman with a little more work.

Reactions: Lays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad