GDT: Rittich-ulousness: Calgary @ Colorado (8PM - Oh look we're finally on HNIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Well, let's be honest, majority of HF'ers might see some players only a few times a year, or even not at all, and people love posting negative things so the greasy part of Tkachuk's game get accentuated, and people love to hate a villain. I think people in the know understand much better how good he is, and of course, most of us on this subforum see nearly all his games.

I mean, God knows this forum will certainly state something as fact even if they know nothing except looking over hockeyDB :laugh:.

I mean, I remember a post at the end of last season stating:
"Tkachuk won't be as good of a player as Marner or Nylander, until he learns to cut down on boneheaded penalties."

I said "he actually really cut that out at the end of the season."

What I got was "Look at him PIMS, he needs to learn!"

Turns out down the stretch (last 30 games or something), William Nylander AND Mitch Marner took more minor penalties than Tkachuk. Brilliant.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Disagree.
His power moves are using his size more; and he's making at least a power move a game. I don't need him throwing big hits out there all night, it'll take away from what he is. He's a Perry, not a Clutterbuck.
I don't mean like Clutterbuck, I just want him to get to that 1-1.25 hits per game range (about 100 in a full season).

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
Tkachuks been getting the team a plethora of powerplays since he was drafted.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I mean, God knows this forum will certainly state something as fact even if they know nothing except looking over hockeyDB :laugh:.

"Tkachuk won't be as good of a player as Marner or Nylander, until he learns to cut down on boneheaded penalties."

Turns out down the stretch (last 30 games or something), William Nylander AND Mitch Marner took more minor penalties than Tkachuk. Brilliant.
Leafs fans on the mainboard are not even worth engaging most of the time

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I almost spit my food onto my screen cause I wasn't expecting this :laugh:
Pizza I assume?

giphy.gif

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary

Lmao, yeah exactly. Tkachuk really cleaned up those minor's he was taking, his progression has been impressive. If I had nickel for every Marner or Nylander poll/thread on the site I could have retired a month ago.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't mean like Clutterbuck, I just want him to get to that 1-1.25 hits per game range (about 100 in a full season).

I'd rather him play the way he is, and just get more PP time and offensive opportunity. It's crazy this kid's on pace for 55-60 points and he's playing a shutdown role.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd rather him play the way he is, and just get more PP time and offensive opportunity. It's crazy this kid's on pace for 55-60 points and he's playing a shutdown role.
Don't get me wrong, I love how he plays now, but I think with a little more physicality, it will draw even more penalties and put more fear into guys in the corners, which will lead to more mistakes to capitalize on.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Leafs fans on the mainboard are not even worth engaging most of the time

Oh, I know :laugh:
Check out the Boeser v Nylander v Marner poll for magic.

I literally make a post pointing out a main argument used against Boeser was used to support Nylander/Marner (scoring pace at the 1/4 mark). A guy literally jumps in making sure I know he thinks the Flames are trash; I'm like, I didn't even mention the Flames or the Leafs team for that matter :laugh:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Oh, I know :laugh:
Check out the Boeser v Nylander v Marner poll for magic.

I literally make a post pointing out a main argument used against Boeser was used to support Nylander/Marner (scoring pace at the 1/4 mark). A guy literally jumps in making sure I know he thinks the Flames are trash; I'm like, I didn't even mention the Flames or the Leafs team for that matter :laugh:
Ngl I really hope we beat them on Tuesday. You just know if we lose, they're just gonna rattle off some terrible hot takes about our players for the next year

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They should put Gio back to the #2 PP unit and give Stone a chance on the top unit since he brings a big shot too.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Remember Iggy had a similar move ? Just not between the legs.

I really think Tkachuk has a Jamie Benn/Prime Perry type ceiling. Like a top 3 power forward in the league type ceiling.

I love Backlund and Frolik, but how amazing would Tkachuk look with a big time offensive centre and given the offensive matchups.

*Edit.
Like Jarome, how often were we saying that about him?!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
TIL I learned the 2 hour flight from Dallas to Denver is a "long flight"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad