Rinaldo slew foots Parise, Kovalchuk destroys Schenn

DevilChuk*

I watched the video of the so called slewfoot by rinaldo he gets fined for that what a joke everyone making more out of it.It wasnt that bad and as far as Schenn getting KO by kovy his fault he should have known better and rinaldo was in the scrum he could have took care of kovy schenn didnt have to jump in..:rant:

Thats a slew-foot.

Not "so-called."

Put his skate behind Parise's skate, lifted it up and then used his stick to pull him back.

That's actually as perfectly executed a slew foot as you'll ever see.

Don't confuse Parise not being seriously injured with the slew-foot itself. Luckily, Zach hit Simmond's knee on the way down so didn't slam too roughly into the ice.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They don't even call it a slew foot, just a 'dangerous play.' One reason he may have only gotten fines is because they've worked closely with Shanahan and the coaches to have his game in line. People think what they will now, but he hasn't even been close to the sleaze ball he was in the OHL and AHL.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
He won a fight against a 20 year old who's 40 pounds lighter than him. Iginla would destroy Kovalchuk.

And Ovie as a "good fighting" top fighting star? :shakehead

Kovalchuk would knock the **** outta Iginla.

6'1 215 vs 6'3 235

Perhaps a little hyperbole on my part with the **** knocking but it would be a very good bout

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
It's funny when people argue over who would win a fight because it's really not possible to tell in a lot of cases. Even if one player has the edge...he'll still lose occasionally.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
did schenn come back from that fight today?

Didn't he recover earlier this season from a concussion?

This could be a big concern for this kid.

BTW.....OUCH

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Kovalchuk looks about the same height, wheres the 40 pounds extra? Butt and legs?

Kovalchuk is a built mofo

I watched the video of the so called slewfoot by rinaldo he gets fined for that what a joke everyone making more out of it.It wasnt that bad and as far as Schenn getting KO by kovy his fault he should have known better and rinaldo was in the scrum he could have took care of kovy schenn didnt have to jump in..:rant:

Uh, ok

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone

Slew Footing is a joke now is it? Can I do it to you then? And when you head slams into the ice, we can laugh about it right? :)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Iginla is a ****ing puss when it comes to fighting. Watch Kovy fights (not the Switzerland/Russia one from the U20, cause he was dirty then), he talks, they accept and he removes the helmet because he wears the visor. Iginla never does. I hate visor fighters, and oh, I absolutely adore Iggy, I'm just saying, when it comes to fighting, he's a *****.

I think Kovy would go with him OK.

What? Iginla always removes his helmet, do you even watch his fights? how is he a puss?

Yeah puss.. he's one of the few captains who actually fight regularly.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
xhYB8.gif

Looks like big John McCarthy about to step in...

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What? Iginla always removes his helmet, do you even watch his fights? how is he a puss?

Yeah puss.. he's one of the few captains who actually fight regularly.

While I disagree with his assertion that Iginla is somehow a wuss, he may be referring to this:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Iginla is a ****ing puss when it comes to fighting. Watch Kovy fights (not the Switzerland/Russia one from the U20, cause he was dirty then), he talks, they accept and he removes the helmet because he wears the visor. Iginla never does. I hate visor fighters, and oh, I absolutely adore Iggy, I'm just saying, when it comes to fighting, he's a *****.

I think Kovy would go with him OK.
Watch any Iggy fights? The only time he doesnt take off his helmet is A) his opponent refuses to take theirs off, B) heat of the moment, where there is no time to do it. Iginla would destroy Kovi.

Great punch by kovi though

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think Iggy could beat Kovy, Kovy might be able to wrestle him to the ground though.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
He won a fight against a 20 year old who's 40 pounds lighter than him. Iginla would destroy Kovalchuk.

And Ovie as a "good fighting" top fighting star? :shakehead

Really kovy is a *****. Let him fight someone like Jody. I give the Kid credit for showing up. But I would advise him to pick on someone his own size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Really kovy is a *****. Let him fight someone like Jody. I give the Kid credit for showing up. But I would advise him to pick on someone his own size.

PS the word that got blocked out reminds you of a cat.

Except that Schenn was the one who wanted to fight Kovy.

What got Kovalchuk going was what the Devils perceived as a slew-foot from Zac Rinaldo against Zach Parise. Kovalchuk went after Rinaldo and got to him amidst a scrum in the corner, but wound up going with Schenn.

"I asked him, 'What are you going to do?' He said, 'Fight you,' " Kovalchuk said. "Rinaldo slew-footed Zach. He's one of those kind of players who wanted to get something going and they did."

And from another reporter:

“I asked him, ‘So, what are you going to do?’†Kovalchuk said. “He said, ‘Fight you’ and I said, ‘OK.’â€

:laugh:

Last edited:

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
Poor showing by Schenn, not only did he leave himself open for that last shot, he was really vulnerable for the previous right that Kovalchuk threw and missed.

Not really a big deal here, I didn't think the Rinaldo play was filthy but cheap enough to cause a raucous. Schenn-Kovalchuk is a decent matchup, Schenn just had to show up there. Kovalchuk and Simmonds seems a little more fair but that wasn't how things played out.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Awesome to see KOvy chuck the knuckles. Bad decision to try and fight a non-fighter/star player by Schenn.

As for the slew foot...there should be no fine suspension etc...I mean Come ON Subban does it 2 times a game and does not receive any calls or suspensions. This needs to be a uniform call througout the league.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Wow... this is one of the biggest beatdowns I've seen recently. Schenn got destroyed.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yeah I don't understand this notion that Kovalchuk is some fearsome fighter. He's big and strong but Iginla is also very, very strong with more experience fighting, including wins over guys 20 lbs heavier.

Agreed, this is a classic example of those extra years Kovy has had in the weight room over Schenn. He doesn't have that over a guy like Iggy.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
on Rinaldo....

I have no problems with 4th liners sticking up for their teammates and policing around but dirty and cowardly plays like that need to go.... Imagine if a player like Parise got hurt cuz a player like Rinaldo just decided to pull something dirty like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad