Rinaldo slew foots Parise, Kovalchuk destroys Schenn

Hanzee Dent

Nov 22, 2010
Ok...now finally seeing an angle on the slewfoot. Ehh....its dirty. Its suspendable. But I've seen worse. At least Rinaldo didn't really put any real kicking force into the slewfooting like I've seen in other instances.

Still very dangerous and unnecessary, especially since there was no reason for him to do it in that situation.

Analyzer*

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere
Pete DeBoer felt Rinaldo also tried to hurt Jacob Josefson with a cheap shot. He suggested the league will look at some Rinaldo incidents.

Probably asked, but why should they look into the slewfoot ? Larsson did it to Leblanc and got nothing.

Whatever else Rinaldo did is probably worthy of looking into it.

The Rinaldo slewfoot and Larsson's were close to similar. Rinaldo's is more dangers because of the pull back on the shoulder.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Probably asked, but why should they look into the slewfoot ? Larsson did it to Leblanc and got nothing.

Whatever else Rinaldo did is probably worthy of looking into it.

The Rinaldo slewfoot and Larsson's were close to similar. Rinaldo's is more dangers because of the pull back on the shoulder.

Larsson didnt slewfoot Leblanc

He held Leblanc shoulder and brought him down

BobbyFischer*

Schenn you just got.. KNOCKED DA FUDGE OUT!

Muahahahahahahahaahhaaha

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
If I'm picking a fight with a star player, Kovalchuk (and Ovie/Iginla) is the last guy I'm messing with. The guy is a freak.

He won a fight against a 20 year old who's 40 pounds lighter than him. Iginla would destroy Kovalchuk.

And Ovie as a "good fighting" top fighting star? :shakehead

Jaysfanatic*

He won a fight against a 20 year old who's 40 pounds lighter than him. Iginla would destroy Kovalchuk.

Iginla is a ****ing puss when it comes to fighting. Watch Kovy fights (not the Switzerland/Russia one from the U20, cause he was dirty then), he talks, they accept and he removes the helmet because he wears the visor. Iginla never does. I hate visor fighters, and oh, I absolutely adore Iggy, I'm just saying, when it comes to fighting, he's a *****.

I think Kovy would go with him OK.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The first I saw of this was on MSG coming back from break. They showed it in slow motion and it looked like an unnecessary cheapshot by Ronaldo when his team was getting blown out. Upon seeing the entire video including how it developed live this was not the case at all. In fact, Parise was lucky that he didn't get more.

There was a whistle for an offside and after a few seconds elapsed it was Zach Parise who actually initiated contact. Not only did he initiate contact on Ronaldo but he lingered there for whatever reason. The score was 6-2, and Ronaldo simply made a 'get away from me kid I'm out of your weightclass' move. Had Ronaldo dropped his gloves and suckerpunched Parise's lights out I would have understood completely. Parise should watch himself next time.

There should be no punishment for Ronaldo on the play.

How's the jungle?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Schenn got destroyed but Kovalchuk should've gone for Rinaldo later on instead. That's a blatant slew foot from Rinaldo, I expect he'll get a hearing but no more.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Kovalchuk came out of the box at 18:43.

Rinaldo did not play after his "tripping" penalty.

Did you want Kovalchuk to jump on the Flyers bench?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004

Kovalchuk looks about the same height, wheres the 40 pounds extra? Butt and legs?

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
I watched the video of the so called slewfoot by rinaldo he gets fined for that what a joke everyone making more out of it.It wasnt that bad and as far as Schenn getting KO by kovy his fault he should have known better and rinaldo was in the scrum he could have took care of kovy schenn didnt have to jump in..:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad